• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

careksims

I must've been so quick because I had to type in a new credit card for Greninja and THEN I ordered Lucina and Robin together. Goodness.

Grabbed a Greninja! Bless diggeh for spamming my phone- some how managed to wake up. Have the whole wave preordered! Like a dumb I preordered Robin and Lucina from tru, too, which I don't need, but I'll deal with that in the morning it is time to sleep.

dude, i'll buy those off of you.

CKD5989

Placed two single orders for Greninja and another order for both Robin and Lucina. What are the odds one of my Greninja order's gets clipped?

Neo Dark

7/10, needs more time travel
Let's put that in the sequel. I'll call it... Amiibo... Wave 5!

Horizon becomes Lucina? :eek: He can be just like Mizuki xD

and yeah, I'm staying up now. :p

I think Wal-Mart still has him, worth checking at least
Lol. I'm sure Horizon would actually enjoy being Lucina

So.. you are now an amiibo and can interact with Rosalina, Lucina, Paulatena, Peach, Samus and all the others...

Hmmmm...
Nah. You'll interact with other trapped souls. BWAHAHAH

So... I see I missed out on TRU. So who clicked the button and became an amiibo. I mean amiibro.

Jrs3000

Managed to order everyone but wario! Grabbed ness and splatoon earlier today. I think i'm done though I'm tempted to grab JP just to have all exclusives..

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh is best. Diggeh is life. Diggeh is love.

Praise the Diggeh!

Thanks Lord Diggeh. Got Greninja, who I wasn't planning on getting in the first place, but I'll take as a consolation for missing Jigglypuff.

Grabbed a Greninja! Bless diggeh for spamming my phone- some how managed to wake up. Have the whole wave preordered! Like a dumb I preordered Robin and Lucina from tru, too, which I don't need, but I'll deal with that in the morning it is time to sleep.

ndhdlJG.jpg

Velcro Fly

I'm not even sure I got the Lucina and Robin now

Holy fuck am I just done with this shit forever. Fucking Nintendo screwing over their loyal customers.

Samaritan

I'm still in disbelief they did this after stating so clearly when the pre-orders would go up. Unbelievable. This is worse than Target's handling of Rosalina.

it can take 5 minutes for your tru order to appear

no e-mail from them and no sign of it on the website yet. All I have is my pay-pal confirmation.

gonna be a soul wrenching next few minutes, I guess.

Been over 5 minutes and orders still not showing, but that's not surprising.

TheGrue

Accidentally checked out with 2 Greninja in my cart due to an error the first time saying I had none in my cart.

I wonder if they're gong to cancel my whole order or just lower it to one.. or should I place a single order additionally to be safe?

Yeah, this is what happened to me. I want to cancel one of the orders to guarantee I get one. Don't want to get both canceled and not get the one I want.

Edit - Actually not quite what happened. I checked out with one in my cart, hit the final checkout thing and it didn't give me any kind of page showing the order went through. So I tried again and it went through and now I have two orders of Quantity one. Really want to cancel one so I don't get screwed.

With people on here ordering (2) Greninjas, then (1) because they're worried about cancelling, then other figures they don't really want to get free shipping or because they're in a panic...

*looks at camera with fear in eyes*

"WE ARE THE SCALPERS"

Do I have the story straight here? It seems like Toys R Us announced that pre-orders would be up at 7 am, put them into their system at 3 am, and then people found out the product IDs and manually entered them into the url - so they sold out before pre-orders even opened?

Mother of God.

No matter how fast Diggeh blew up my phone, Robin and Lucina were sold out less than two minutes after he warned me. I still managed to get Wario, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Greninja, but... Jesus.

I'm not even sure I got the Lucina and Robin now

Holy fuck am I just done with this shit forever. Fucking Nintendo screwing over their loyal customers.

Be patient, confirmations not showing for anyone. I did get my Shop Runner emails saying orders went through, so we should be good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I am so pissed...

I had no issues getting any rares from Wave 1-3,except the Lucario hoop(l)a. Now this.

I fear I'll never get Lucina or Robin :( Sucks that I also have to pay $5 shipping on TRU because they rest weren't even UP to purchase...

Do I have the story straight here? It seems like Toys R Us announced that pre-orders would be up at 7 am, put them into their system at 3 am, and then people found out the product IDs and manually entered them into the url - so they sold out before pre-orders even opened?

Mother of God.

No matter how fast Diggeh blew up my phone, Robin and Lucina were sold out less than two minutes after he warned me. I still managed to get Wario, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Greninja, but... Jesus.

Lucina was sold out in that same two minutes earlier today. The thirst is real. She'll be gone from Amazon just that quick too, or faster because of one click ordering.

Wanderer5

Heh well my friend was able to get Greninja, Lucina, Robin, and Charizard, so glad that went well. Pretty funny that they suddenly appeared. Sucks for people that went to sleep till early morning through. Maybe Toys R Us will actually do another set at 7-9 EST.

Well looking foward to Ness from this wave. That is all I want to stick too heh.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Grabbed Greninja 2x, Charizard, and Pac-Man from TRU. Just missed Wario.

Amazon, you're my only hope! (For Lucina, Robin, & Wario...)

With people on here ordering (2) Greninjas, then (1) because they're worried about cancelling, then other figures they don't really want to get free shipping or because they're in a panic...

*looks at camera with fear in eyes*

"WE ARE THE SCALPERS"

Haha, yeah, I did this in a panic. Either I'm gonna get away with it and get three Greninjas, or I'm gonna get dicked hard and get no Greninjas. One I was gonna trade for a Ness/Jigglypuff, and the other I was gonna give to a friend, but he logged on just in time to snag one himself. Hopefully I'll have two up for trade then.

Frogstep

So as long as you get an order acknowledgement email you're good? Doesn't matter if they still don't show up on "My Orders" on my TRU account?

I need to know these 2 are at least safe so I can go sleep now. D:

Got 2 Greninja. All I need are Robin, Jigglypuff and Lucina and I'm done with wave 4. Also got a preorder in for the Splatoon 3 pack.

Dominator

cancel now and you'll get your money back, happened to me a few months ago. They never warn you.
I did right away, but their support said the charge won't go back for 2-3 days and its a holiday this weekend. Just incredibly unlucky timing I must say lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I bought nothing but Amiibos that I didn't really want, the hype is real. Got Greninja, Pac-Man, Charizard, and SMB Mario to make shipping free.

I really wanted Wario, Robin, and Lucina :/

CorvoSol

Been over 5 minutes and orders still not showing, but that's not surprising.

Same. The darkness will take me, but at least I'm not going into the despair alone.

Thank you all for being here with me in this, people.

except you lousy fucks who got yours. I'm jealous

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My last chance I guess is when I go into Target for Jiggypuff... I doubt I'll be able to make Amazon with this bad luck.

Gameboy415

Greninja secured! :D
I'm so glad I don't have to stay up til 6-8AM now, lol

Just need to lock down Jigglypuff and I'm all set for Wave 4. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom