• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAY ASIA REPRINT PRE-ORDERS LIVE TONIGHT!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/38ccav/playasiacom_june_amiibo_preorders_jpn/
http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-hunters-updated/5f/746al?ref=facebook

I can only assume this has been posted by now?

Without further ado, on Thursday, June 4th, at 11:00 AM (HKT, +8 GMT) we will be re-opening the following amiibo for pre-order (dates = release dates):
Rosetta & Chiko – June 10
Marth – June 18
Ike – June 18
Lucario – June 18
Meta Knight – June 18
Lucina – June 18
Reflet – June 18
Ness – June 24
Charizard – June 24
Toon Link – June 24

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop box with PacMan, Ness and Splatoon 3-pack will be in today! Greninja+Charizard will be taking their sweet time coming from TRU. Worst $6 shipping EVERRR.

Charizard finally came in today and with that Wave 4 is complete! If I can eventually get Ike and D3 i'll also have Wave 3 complete too.

jmizzal

Just saw a skylander laying in the grass on the block by target, lol if it was an Amiibo I would have picked it up and kept it, i'll let some kid come back and get his skylander tho

Looks like a bunch of gamestops around me got Shulks today, but I ended up checking and calling too late. Seems tons of people called and asked about them all day today.

Vidiot

Complete up to wave 4 now. :)

Really excited for Ganondorf, Zero suit samus, and Palutena. The madness is finally almost over.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The problem I fear with this is if they are tying the production of amiibo together in order to maintain profit. They mentioned that some amiibo cost more to produce than others, but they sell at a loss individually so that amiibo as a whole can be profitable.

I kind of realized after this wave hit that it likely means that those that cost more are produced in lower quantities, so that the loss is minimal. If they are tying production together (so cheaper ones get more made and thus create most profit) then we'll probably never see any decent restocks or a decent wall of figures where you can walk in and buy Robin without trying (or whatever figure costs most to make).

Really makes me wonder which ones cost the most, and which are just being produced with low quantities because they don't think the character is popular.

I have a feeling that Palutena and Dark Pit are those two amiibo that you are talking about since they had more parts than most of characters does.

I just got a Meta Knight Amiibo! I went to the store in the district that was getting them, and they had two left! I am so pumped! Now to go after those other reprints!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I found Pac-Man and Megaman today---are those rare? I decided to pick them up because I worried this was the only chance and, hey, 3rd Party Amiibo are cool.

RootCause

I forget exact amount but shipping prices are pretty high from them.

I'm hoping I can grab the reprints through Amazon Japan.
Yeah, just saw the post. $20 for the Amiibo + $10 shipping. Hoping its like the villager import that went as low as $24 during the reprint. I'd like to get an extra ness.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Remember how I said UPS sucks here? Yeah so I saw UPS come, but didn't drop anything off at my house. I figured maybe they were coming back later. Check my order number online and it was set as "delivered - left at door". Yeahhhh they left it at my next-door neighbor's house, despite being the correct address -_-

What the heck UPS?! At least I got it...

Chucker

Today's Haul was pretty good!
23fUA7ll.jpg

Shauni

Guys, so I'm thinking of selling my entire OOB collection. It'll obviously include some rares from Wave 1, 2 & 3, what do you guys think the best approach for this is? I also want to get rid of the commons obviously.

The best way is, I hate to say, to just sell the whole thing as a bundle. It's probably about the only way you're going to get rid of the commons at the end of the day, unless you sell them at way below price.

I will say, though, it'd be very cool if you gave heads up and maybe be willing to take out one of those rares for some lucky person here. Say, a Villager, if a Villager happens to be within that collection?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Same as Europe's.

Dark Pit, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, and Ganondorf.

Japan will get Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf 3 months before the US lol

Alright, got confused with Wave 6, but in Europe I guess it's only Dr Mario, and Bowser Jr? Think I'm missing one :p

Why couldn't they just make it the same? >_>

The best way is, I hate to say, to just sell the whole thing as a bundle. It's probably about the only way you're going to get rid of the commons at the end of the day, unless you sell them at way below price.

I will say, though, it'd be very cool if you gave heads up and maybe be willing to take out one of those rares for some lucky person here. Say, a Villager, if a Villager happens to be within that collection?

Yes, I have all the rares from the first 3 waves, and he will also be included in something like this. I was thinking of selling them bundled as waves, for example, all Wave 1 will be bundled and that's how it's going to sell. Taking out the rares and selling them alone would leave me with the commons which I don't want, but it sound easier. Selling them bundled also helps me the buyer on shipping charges.

Toki767

Yes, I have all the rares from the first 3 waves, and he will also be included in something like this. I was thinking of selling them bundled as waves, for example, all Wave 1 will be bundled and that's how it's going to sell. Taking out the rares and selling them alone would leave me with the commons which I don't want, but it sound easier. Selling them bundled also helps me the buyer on shipping charges.

Honestly? Trade in the commons to Gamestop. They're offering 50% extra trade-in credit which makes most common amiibo $6 after trade-in (except Peach, DK, and Yoshi which are $4.50 each) .

That will get you way more for the commons than selling them together and eating the shipping. That way you can just charge for the rares and still make more in the end.

I think I have a problem. I started collecting amiibo last week. LAST WEEK.

I've been resisting because I know I would be addicted to this. See what happened? Now it is even worse, because I can't find the older amiibos anymore.

ps: Samus and Mega Man on its way

17813743233_f73be51127_b.jpg

I think I have a problem. I started collecting amiibo last week. LAST WEEK.

I've been resisting because I know I would be addicted to this. See what happened? Now it is even worse, because I can't find the older amiibos anymore.

ps: Samus and Mega Man on its way
That's how they all start...

Also, you just started last week and have a Rosalina. You're a lucky one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trying to remember if the Splatoon 3-Pack is coming with the shipment of amiibo tomorrow at GameStop. Might as well try to nab that considering I'm trading some stuff in & I want to get Splatoon eventually.

Shauni

That's sensible.

Please sell me Villager separately, breh. Pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom