• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

oh my fucking god did i get one did i get one please please

i have an order number so that's good right?

holy fuck i'm shaking

Drago

I'm pretty sure I got an order in on Marth and Meta Knight. Got a confirmation email anyway and they already recieved my Paypal payment. Those are the last two rare ones my friend needed me to get for him, so hopefully everything turns out all right.

Jeff-DSA

Got all three that I needed. Ness, Robin, Lucina. I might have double ordered Ness on accident. If I get two shipped, one goes into the Amiibo-GAF pool.

I kept having to log in again and it kept sending me to the address page. Did it do that to anyone else?

If this stuff goes through I got a Ness and a Robin. I guess time will tell.

Velcro Fly

Yeah that shit was up for like five minutes after I got mine in.

Holy shit all I need is Rosalina now for all the smash ones so far.

Velcro Fly

I'm just so happy if this goes through. I was one of those people at the front of the line at GameStop that got nothing because the system kept crashing and I wasn't about to stand there and hold everyone up for one Ness.

And it was so hot in my GameStop I almost passed out.

RootCause

I'm just so happy if this goes through. I was one of those people at the front of the line at GameStop that got nothing because the system kept crashing and I wasn't about to stand there and hold everyone up for one Ness.

And it was so hot in my GameStop I almost passed out.
Congrats dood. :)

Jergingha

Neo Member
Crazy thing is Robin, and Lucina were going for $28 with prime free shipping. This was a couple of days before the U.S. release. I think that's about the best you can hope for these characters.

I know right? I just give up at this point.

I got my Ness, Pac Man, and Splatoon 3-Pack Amiibo. That's all that mattered to me.

I don't care anymore. I think I'm done.

RootCause

I know right? I just give up at this point.

I got my Ness, Pac Man, and Splatoon 3-Pack Amiibo. That's all that mattered to me.

I don't care anymore. I think I'm done.
Hey don't give up now. Villager was selling for outrages prices, but thanks to restocks it was going for $24, just like Pit, and lil mac going for $23. I'll pm you if I happen to see a good/reasonable price for Lucina.

Velcro Fly

Ike, Lucario, and Meta Knight are all still up at $20 plus about $7 shipping if anyone cares.

If you can't get a MK in store lately this might be your best option otherwise =/

So it seems I missed the play-asia restock of Robin...well that sucks.
In other awesome news there was a problem with my amazon order and now the estimated time for my lucina and pacman is maybe (and that's a big maybe) on the 15th...good times! :)

Serious question: If counterfit amiibo were $5 with acceptable (not perfect) quality, would you buy them assuming you could get ANY you wanted? Metaknight, Little Mac, Ness, Lucina, Pit, etc.

They honestly don't look all that bad.
bt4Q76K.jpg

Jergingha

Neo Member
Hey don't give up now. Villager was selling for outrages prices, but thanks to restocks it was going for $24, just like Pit, and lil mac going for $23. I'll pm you if I happen to see a good/reasonable price for Lucina.

Nah don't worry about it. Lucina wasn't even a priority for me. Thanks for the concern though!

I am just upset that I have to do so much work to even acquire one. It's crazy.

I now have 20ish Amiibo, and I guess I can't complain. It's been a good run, but I have other priorities. I can't be spending extra just because it's hard to get in general. It's ridiculous.

zroid

Banned
Serious question: If counterfit amiibo were $5 with acceptable (not perfect) quality, would you buy them assuming you could get ANY you wanted? Metaknight, Little Mac, Ness, Lucina, Pit, etc.

bt4Q76K.jpg

do they actually, like, work though? I'm guessing not

Josh7289

bt4Q76K.jpg

No, definitely not. I'll never willingly pay money to a counterfeiter.

CorvoSol

bt4Q76K.jpg

Yeah, probably for a few of the more obscure ones with no important functions.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

bt4Q76K.jpg

I don't trust the unregulated stuff that might be used for the materials/ink for those... If bandages are used for stuffing in some fake plush, well...

Draxal

bt4Q76K.jpg

Nope, no rfid means that they have no function and they don't look nearly as good as other figures of their ilk.

batfax

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the minority of people who want these things for the actual game use. If I wanted figures of the characters, there are tons of other options for most of 'em. The upcoming Marth nendoroid will be infinitely easier to get ahold of than his amiibo, but it doesn't unlock anything in Fire Emblem: If.

Shadoron

I got one from Gamestop in store today and the stamp on mine is 185S1. Its also much smaller than on any of the other amiibo I've picked up in the last week.

What do these numbers/letters mean?

Mine is also 185S1.

Sorry for the late reply. The first two digits are the week that the Amiibo was packed. So, the 18th week of the year (1 to 52). The third digit is the year (5 for 2015, 4 for 2014). The letter plus final digit is the assembly line (or warehouse). I've seen W1 to W3, and S1 to S2. The important info is that there was a break between runs, thus a Reprint for Shulk. It really doesn't matter, unless you are an "in-box" Amiibo collector, and want to easily identify a first run print or a later print. Some reprints are easy to spot by their design changes. Marth is no longer "derpy faced", and Villager has smaller eyes and a bigger "forehead." Others, like the recently reprinted Ike (and apparently Shulk) don't have any changes, just different packaging dates.

I'm trying to stay ahead of the confusion and compile a collecting guide, using this kind of info. So, thanks for helping to verify the Shulk reprint.

Nice collection!

Im thinking of getting a shelf/bookcase my self for my collection.Does anyone have any reccomendations?The Ikea Billy Bookcase looks nice.

Thanks! I bought the cheapest shelves from ikea but they do the trick. A few bucks each and cheap brackets too. Thinking of revamping the entire thing once all the smash amiibos are collected. Need to build a shrine or something....

Ryfferr

Just got back. You can preorder the game with Amiibo, or just the Amiibo on its own.

That's awesome. I'm gonna preorder the amiibo tomorrow or at saturday. I'm sure I'd be able to get the game cheaper someplace else like nzgameshop but I need EB's reliability on amiibo stocks.

Bittercup

Maybe interesting for the European collectors: It seems like amazon.de is getting a new shipment next week, or at least they are expecting it.
I was lurking the page since yesterday and occasionally some figures that are only available at expensive marketplace sellers appear with the normal 15€ price from amazon.de themselves, available next week. Only for a minute or two and then they are gone again and sometimes re-appear later again. So it might be worth it to check regularly along the day.
I just managed to order Jigglypuff and Inkling girl.

sonto340

After a lucky find in the wrong isle at target I managed to grab a Wario at MSRP tonight.
Only missing some of the unicorns now though, so paying scalper prices may be in my future /:
Now I Only have Ike DeDeDe Lucario Metaknight Rosalina, Jiggs and Greninja left to track down.

colorlust

So, I am really stupid and hadn't realized that the thread had moved to the Gaming Community and just accepted that everyone has collectively gotten over amiibos. I am happy to find out I was wrong!

I got lucky and found the last Meta Knight when I was picking up dinner at our mall last night and promptly bought him. Getting rare amiibo for MSRP shouldn't feel that vindicating.

sonto340

So, I am really stupid and hadn't realized that the thread had moved to the Gaming Community and just accepted that everyone has collectively gotten over amiibos. I am happy to find out I was wrong!

I got lucky and found the last Meta Knight when I was picking up dinner at our mall last night and promptly bought him. Getting rare amiibo for MSRP shouldn't feel that vindicating.
It feels way better than it should, but after paying scalper prices for some of the rarer ones, finding a Lucina in store feels so relieving.

colorlust

It feels way better than it should, but after paying scalper prices for some of the rarer ones, finding a Lucina in store feels so relieving.

Where did you end up finding her at? One of my old co-workers works at Best Buy now, and had to work on the 29th, and slowly watch as all of their Lucina stock was bought. I feel like that would be sadder than never seeing her to begin with.

Red Hood

Banned
Hey guys, I have a question but I seem to get different answers on different websites. This question is about the Splatoon Amiibos specifically, but I suppose it works the same as other Amiibos as well. Anyway, I've just registered the Inkling Squid for the extra content and everything works fine, but can I scan the same Amiibo on my sisters' Wii U as well without losing access to the content on my own Wii U?

Basically in short, can an Amiibo be used more than once on more than one system at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom