• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
maybe a pack or two...

togPp0U.jpg

Guys, so I'm thinking of selling my entire OOB collection. It'll obviously include some rares from Wave 1, 2 & 3, what do you guys think the best approach for this is? I also want to get rid of the commons obviously.

Garlador

Guys, so I'm thinking of selling my entire OOB collection. It'll obviously include some rares from Wave 1, 2 & 3, what do you guys think the best approach for this is? I also want to get rid of the commons obviously.
I have an idea...
gladiator_thumb_wideweb__470x304,0.jpg

I know I'd definitely make people fight for the chance to buy some Amiibos.

bigkurz

Banned
If for some reason someone in the Chicago-land area is having trouble finding a Pacman, the Atari restaurant/arcade 257 at Woodfield Mall has a TON of them. They don't have any other amiibos, but probably 100+ pac man (pac men?)

bigkurz

Banned
I realized way too late how much I'd want the splatoon amiibos. Fail.

When they were first announced I was like "whatever." But then the game reviews were great, I finally picked it up, LOVE the game...and its way too late to get those amiibos. oh well.

zroid

Banned

When they were first announced I was like "whatever." But then the game reviews were great, I finally picked it up, LOVE the game...and its way too late to get those amiibos. oh well.

you can still get the singles at least...

they're probably going to restock the 3 pack anyways

Fox Mulder

i'm not really interested in the game, but figured nintendo would undersupply that line too.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Still think just the two Kid Icarus characters alone in a mini wave seems odd. They could possibly throw in the remaining original roster characters as the exclusives...

Maybe they'll release the three yarn Yoshis at the same time as Palutena and Dark Pit.

Why would they add more exclusives to an exclusive-only wave?

Because fuck common sense when it comes to these things.

ChrisD

Happy post! I forgive if it comes off as brag post haha.

After missing out on Target Lucina/Robin due to line jumpers, I was both annoyed and worried that my Gamestop shipment would turn out to be beat up.

Monday came, and I received the package. Looked good, I turned it around and there it was. A giant dent in the box. Open it up, and there's the amiibo stacked, a lone Pacman on top, with a dent in his box and bent card. But below him. Below him was every other figure in pristine condition. Lucina, Robin, and Ness.

So that turned around to be great. By yesterday my dad had made another shelf for expanding my display. As he was putting it up, my sister walked in and says, "Do you have Meta Knight? Our uncle called while you were at work because he found one. I told him you don't, so he picked it up."

So many I wanted in such a small timeframe. <3

Chucker

Aaah! Shulk is at my closest GS but I'm the only supervisor here. Damn meetings.

I asked for them to hold it for 30, but he said he couldn't (understandable), he also said nobody else has called for it, and it's not out and they have a few so I should be fine.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Aaah! Shulk is at my closest GS but I'm the only supervisor here. Damn meetings.

I asked for them to hold it for 30, but he said he couldn't (understandable), he also said nobody else has called for it, and it's not out and they have a few so I should be fine.

You will not be fine. That's just what the employees tell you when they're calling all their family and friends to come to the store and buy them. You need to go on lunch break or something now

Does anyone here have experience with Gameseek? I just pre-ordered Palutena and Dark Pit, but then after googling them, I noticed a lot of negative reviews about never receiving products. It could just be internet reviews being internet reviews, but I'm wondering if I should cancel and take my chances with trying to find them in the US later down the road.

bigkurz

Banned
I've got a shulk and little Mac. Would love to trade for a splatoon 3 pack. PM Me if you're interested! I didn't even think I would care about this game lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, no new shipment at Target, but Gamestop confirmed they were getting a few tomorrow or so. No FE duo, but they said they'd hold a Shulk for me which I'll be mailing to a friend.

I've got a shulk and little Mac. Would love to trade for a splatoon 3 pack. PM Me if you're interested! I didn't even think I would care about this game lol.

Is the 3 pack really that rare? Just hold off man, I'm sure it'll show up more since Splatoon is a new IP that Nintendo is pushing hard and it's in their best interest to have more 3 packs coming.

Toki767

Is the 3 pack really that rare? Just hold off man, I'm sure it'll show up more since Splatoon is a new IP that Nintendo is pushing hard and it's in their best interest to have more 3 packs coming.

They're all but sold out everywhere.

And since it's Nintendo, no one knows if reprints are coming.

Does anyone here have experience with Gameseek? I just pre-ordered Palutena and Dark Pit, but then after googling them, I noticed a lot of negative reviews about never receiving products. It could just be internet reviews being internet reviews, but I'm wondering if I should cancel and take my chances with trying to find them in the US later down the road.
I was tempted but then I saw they want $30 for Dark Pit before shipping and I figured I'll wait and take my chances.

bigkurz

Banned

Alright! I just managed to snag inkling boy and girl at my toys r us. The manager keeps a bunch hidden and screens out people he thinks are scalpers. Phew! No squid but that's ok

Guess I'll hang onto my shulk and little Mac. No desire to scalp them, but holding onto them in case needed for a trade.

Because although it'll probably be common, I absolutely NEED a dr Mario. I'm a pediatrician, have loved Mario my whole life, and need that one.

Plus my fiancée has said if I get a dr Mario to go along with the Mario series peach, they're gonna be our wedding cake toppers haha

Chucker

Umm I just walked into my local bestbuy and walked out with a meta knight. How did that happen?
The one I was just at had 2 out (I got one on Friday) and when I asked about the inklings they said they only had "more of that purple guy" in the back.

bigkurz

Banned
Yea I was really happy to grab boy and girl at my TRU. COuldnt believe BB had meta knight. Don't even really want it but couldn't pass it up.

gaohx

Umm I just walked into my local bestbuy and walked out with a meta knight. How did that happen?

Same here (Roseville, MN...still 3 left at the counter thingy in the middle of the store ;- )

Although I would rather trade the Meta Knight for a Greninja, though.......

I have a meta knight sealed that I would like to trade for a king dedede, captain falcon, fox, villager, little mac, pit or other rares.

also, what are the chances of the above amiibos go back in stock?

Insaniac

Howdy AmiiboGAF, haven't been around in a while since I finished wave 4 pre orders. Only popped my head in a few times. Now that Wave 4 is done, its time for Wave 5 :(

I've heard whisperings of exclusives for this wave, are there any confirmations on which amiibos will be exclusive? Those are the ones I'll hafta worry about

SaviourMK2

I would very much appreciate it if fedEx shipped my Splatoon 3-pack TODAY LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO. AND NOT FRIDAY

I swear if I suffer from the piss poor packaging curse of this wave, I'm gonna flippin' lose it.

davedc226

No talk, but last week they had Trainers, and Villagers at their New York store.

Amazon finnally shipped my Lucina. :3

Wait a second, there were WFT and Villagers at NWS last week? When???

It seems as though that place frequently rotates their stock for certain sets that are not available anywhere else.

Yeah, but if you can get an online order in, they are very reliable with packing and shipping in a timely manner. I may just buy all my non-exclusive Amiibo there from now on.

I usually try Amazon for prime and no tax or BB for discount, but both of them fucked my bro's orders the last two waves. I'll definitely keep them in mind

Never dealt with their cs, but that doesn't sound too good. :p
At least their shipping is good. I bought my Falcon, and Pit from them, and they arrived in perfect condition. My 3 pack, and Mario should arrive today.

The employees are always pissed and they never help, don't dare ask them anything partaining to their job. You'll be waiting 30mins just to get someone to process your Walmart.com order. The Walmart by my University is nice though.

RootCause

I usually try Amazon for prime and no tax or BB for discount, but both of them fucked my bro's orders the last two waves. I'll definitely keep them in mind

The employees are always pissed and they never help, don't dare ask them anything partaining to their job. You'll be waiting 30mins just to get someone to process your Walmart.com order. The Walmart by my University is nice though.

I've seen some clerks answering the call, and setting it on the counter until the customer hangs up.

Wait a second, there were WFT and Villagers at NWS last week? When???

It seems as though that place frequently rotates their stock for certain sets that are not available anywhere else.
Yep, I think it was on Wednesday that they tweeted they were going to have some of the rare Amiibo in stock.
They had WFT, Villager(og), Pit, Fox.

If for some reason someone in the Chicago-land area is having trouble finding a Pacman, the Atari restaurant/arcade 257 at Woodfield Mall has a TON of them. They don't have any other amiibos, but probably 100+ pac man (pac men?)

Very cool, I was hoping they would eventually carry them. I work right in the same area there, weird to see someone on GAF mention somewhere in proximity to me. Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom