• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, the only limitation is when you write data onto them, i.e SSB. They can only store one game's data at a time, but otherwise, you can use them for the Wii U to "read" them as many times & as many consoles as you want.

Red Hood

Banned
Yes, the only limitation is when you write data onto them, i.e SSB. They can only store one game's data at a time, but otherwise, you can use them for the Wii U to "read" them as many times & as many consoles as you want.

So, in Splatoon's case, I can keep the gear I unlocked with it and share the Amiibo with my sisters so they get access to the same unlocked gear and extra missions, all without revoking my own access to the bonus content? (except for game data of course).

Thanks!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, because it's only "reading" the amiibo. When you're writing data to the amiibo (again, like SSB to store the fighter data), then you have to register it with the system. But if it's just scanning the amiibo to unlock content (Splatoon, Mario Kart 8's Mii costumes, I assume Yoshi's Woolly World's special colors), there's no restrictions.

TheGrue

I don't recall the game asking me to scan the Amiibo after unlocking stuff. Does it just do it when you go to put it back on to set up which challenges you're going to attempt? I unlocked the helmet with the squid and it's not like it ever had me put it back on to store the fact that it unlocked it on the Amiibo.

1up

I was considering trading my Robin / Lucina for Metaknight but then /r/amiibo told me that my local Best Buy got 10 in! I am at work but took my half hour break and got one! They are already all gone.

mRjnUqj.jpg

colorlust

Congrats on Meta Knight! I picked up the last one at our Best Buy yesterday to realize that I have an uncancelable order on Play-Asia. So that's great, but I am sure there is someone out in the world who still needs/wants one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, might be able to work with my funds to get Splatoon (yay, 50% trade-in deal at GS). Now I just hope that either tomorrow, they get the 3-pack with the bunch of other amiibo they're getting (they only got Silver Mario & Toad today) or hope that I can get it on Amazon eventually with the $25 credit I have.

Also whyyyyy won't Meta Knight go online???

TheGrue

Nintendo needs to make a toys to life game like infinity/skylander. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

Imagine a Mario Maker type game where you scan in Amiibos to unlock themes of games to use in creating levels and characters to run through them.

Edit because my thought just made me imagine this more, I'd so love to have this because I could make Mario x Kirby x Metroid side scrolling levels.

colorlust

Nintendo needs to make a toys to life game like infinity/skylander. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

I had a very vivid dream that Nintendo remade Mario 64 with a focus on Amiibo, and you could scan and play as any amiibo at any time, and it was super cute and fun. There was also a new room in it called, The Room of Many Doors, in which, any amiibo you scan would unlock a new World specific to that character.

Then I woke up and was sad.

scoot3r

That sounds awesome! It would be neat if it was a kingdom hearts kind of deal where you unlock the mushroom kingdom, or sonics world whatever it's called.

So, now that Wave 4 is over and i'm back to needing to worry about pre-orders, where has Wave 5 gone up outside of the US (To my knowledge, no one has done Wave 5 pre-orders yet)

Red Hood

Banned
Yup, because it's only "reading" the amiibo. When you're writing data to the amiibo (again, like SSB to store the fighter data), then you have to register it with the system. But if it's just scanning the amiibo to unlock content (Splatoon, Mario Kart 8's Mii costumes, I assume Yoshi's Woolly World's special colors), there's no restrictions.

Thanks! After I'm done scanning it on my sisters' Wii U, I'll try to trade my Squid for the Inkling Girl then.

RootCause

Imagine a Mario Maker type game where you scan in Amiibos to unlock themes of games to use in creating levels and characters to run through them.

Edit because my thought just made me imagine this more, I'd so love to have this because I could make Mario x Kirby x Metroid side scrolling levels.
Metroid themed Mario level sounds delicious. There's so much they can do with this. I've enjoyed the other toys to life games, but I'm much more attached to nintendo characters. This can be huge.

RootCause

I had a very vivid dream that Nintendo remade Mario 64 with a focus on Amiibo, and you could scan and play as any amiibo at any time, and it was super cute and fun. There was also a new room in it called, The Room of Many Doors, in which, any amiibo you scan would unlock a new World specific to that character.

Then I woke up and was sad.
Doh! That sounds sweet. You made me sad now. :p

@gunstar
Wave five is:
Palutena
Suitless Samus
Gannondorf
Dark Pit

As far as I know it went up on
Play-Asia
Amiami
Amazon UK
Amazon de
Amazon fr

Sucks because I'm missing Palu, & Samus.

colorlust

Does anyone have Smash amiibos that they are specifically not trying to get? Between my boyfriend and I we each like a lot of characters, but now that we are getting towards the end there are definitely ones neither of us care for:

Mr Game and Watch
Palutena
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt Dog
Rob
and Mii Fighters if that ever happens.

Garlador

Tad disappointed. Tried to order from Amazon.jp, since Best Buy cancelled my Wario and Charizard orders without warning, but no shipping outside of the country it seems.

Any affordable alternatives lately? I can only F5 the usual stores so often...

TheGrue

Does anyone have Smash amiibos that they are specifically not trying to get? Between my boyfriend and I we each like a lot of characters, but now that we are getting towards the end there are definitely ones neither of us care for:

Mr Game and Watch
Palutena
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt Dog
Rob

I must have all they new Amiibo.

Rocky

Banned

Mr Game and Watch
Palutena
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt Dog
Rob

I'm not trying to get most of the unicorns honestly. I have no desire to get WFT, Marth, Ike, Meta Knight, or Falcon, to name a few. And the only one I want from the upcoming waves is ZSS and that's it really.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, was able to get Splatoon for about $5 after trading stuff in at GS & the employee said he'd set aside Shulk for me (& if they get it, the Splatoon 3-pack). Yay for my GS only having about 2 main employees that get along with me great due to how often I'm there.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Why does TRU charge us so damn much for shipping and then don't even bother to include any padding in the box... greninja just arrived, so glad it didn't end up getting damaged...

Toki767

Why does TRU charge us so damn much for shipping and then don't even bother to include any padding in the box... greninja just arrived, so glad it didn't end up getting damaged...

It's worse that they charge so much for shipping and then choose the slowest possible shipping speed along with the crappy packaging.

Anyone near The Best Buy on Telegraph in Southfield MI? There are 7 Meta Knights left there. I went there for a $39.99 PS TV and left with 2 Meta Knights as well. What a day!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So, I am really stupid and hadn't realized that the thread had moved to the Gaming Community and just accepted that everyone has collectively gotten over amiibos. I am happy to find out I was wrong!

I got lucky and found the last Meta Knight when I was picking up dinner at our mall last night and promptly bought him. Getting rare amiibo for MSRP shouldn't feel that vindicating.

Glad to have you back! Best community.

1up

Can someone Amiibo'ify my avatar? I realized I need it after going on break at work to pick up Metaknight.

Fox Mulder

that sucks. I got lucario from their ebay store and paid like $4 shipping, but it came well packed with the big bubble padding.

Retailers just cut corners in shipping. Target shipped jigglypuff with nothing.

Meeps

You got lucky! Mine arrived in a box that could fit 8 amiibo, one small piece of padding, and the flap is crushed to hell. TRU no longer has email support either, and I'm too lazy to call to complain. Maybe later...

FaintDeftone

I did a bit of Wave 4 hunting today. Primarily looking for Pac-Man in my area which is tougher than I expected seeing as he is suppose to be common. I got lucky and was able to find one in a random Wal-Mart I went to, which was probably the 5th store I checked.

The only Amiibos I have been able to find in the wild for Wave 4 are both individual inklings, silver Mario and Pac-Man. I didn't bother with silver Mario but I do have the gold one. Still trying to decide if I want the silver one for collection purposes but otherwise I could care less about that one.

My preordered 2nd round Shulk from Gamestop should be arriving today.

Insaniac

what jigglypuff worth trade wise? She's the only Wave 4 I didn't get. I've got Inkling girl, Robin, Meta Knight, Lucario, Shulk, Little Mac and C. Falcon in box

Also, Lucina get! Finally, I've acquired her and my avatar can be put to rest

Toki767

what jigglypuff worth trade wise? She's the only Wave 4 I didn't get. I've got Inkling girl, Robin, Meta Knight, Lucario, Shulk, Little Mac and C. Falcon in box

I'd put Jigglypuff at the Lucario/Shulk/Meta Knight level. Which is just below Little Mac and Captain Falcon which are below Robin.

aside from little mac , and Robin at the moment i'd say any of those for jiggly is an equal trade
falcon the god is worth like $30-$40 on ebay so i don't consider that unicorn status , even lucario goes for $40+, and i love captain falcon B^)

if you want to trade your falcon for my jiggly i'd do it :D , those jigglys were my bros that got destroyed haha

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Warning: this image may cause several traumas for amiibo collectors so it's safe to say this is NSFW:

CE6cs6YUMAA15IO.jpg

Watch out for paint rubs with that. Kirby got one when I had it too close to another, before they had proper housing. Magic Erasers should do the trick, though.

Yarbskoo

I was lucky enough to be one of the ten or so people to actually get a Lucina from Amazon, and she just arrived.
tEAhNWF.png

Face is a little derpy, but at least the sword isn't terribly bent. Paint is mostly clean too, though there was some visible glue that I was able to mostly remove.
HiLkjTn.png
IxcyZ8u.png
0du3gyO.png
ldhqVWw.png
DWUJNqO.png
rssGZGy.png

Overall, looks a bit better than I expected. Hopefully I get the figma in the mail sometime soon too.

RootCause

I was lucky enough to be one of the ten or so people to actually get a Lucina from Amazon, and she just arrived.
tEAhNWF.png

Face is a little derpy, but at least the sword isn't terribly bent. Paint is mostly clean too, though there was some visible glue that I was able to mostly remove.
HiLkjTn.png
IxcyZ8u.png
0du3gyO.png
ldhqVWw.png
DWUJNqO.png
rssGZGy.png

Overall, looks a bit better than I expected. Hopefully I get the figma in the mail sometime soon too.
Amazon shipped mine last night. :x
Looks nice. Can't wait.

Neoxon

Just called a local GameStop, Shulk restocks incoming. The shipments for my GameStop got delayed to Saturday due to flooding.

ZeroCDR

Just called a local GameStop, Shulk restocks incoming. The shipments for my GameStop got delayed to Saturday due to flooding.

My area got them yesterday, the only GameStop I had time to visit swore up and down they never got it, despite still showing in stock on the website. That stock notice disappeared 5 minutes after I left. *shrugs*

There's still a few around showing on the stock tracker but the stores are 30-50 miles away in all different directions, eh.

Mr Game and Watch
Palutena
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt Dog
Rob

Yep I have no interest in a lot of characters

Mr game and watch
Zero suit samus
Duck hunt
Falco
Lucario
Greninja
Rob
Dr Mario
Dark pit
Mewtwo
Lucas
Mii fighters

Which is why after wave 5 I'm done with the smash hunt all the ones I want will be out then plus ima just import then so I can be done in July :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom