• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon_dojah

Banned
Why so many doubles, triples, quadruples?

I collect two of everything. This wave I tried to get 3 or more since I'm probably not gonna be camping out like I have in the past and will just trade for future rares. Also alot of whats on that wall are already going to other people as gifts. I just wanted to take a picture of all of them before I ship them out. I only wish to have 1 open/1 boxed of every character by the time the last wave is done. Whatever I have leftover by then will go to those in need. None of these are going on ebay if thats your concern.

jon_dojah

Banned
I'm definitely curious about what someone plans to do with 3 Wario amiibo.

That 3rd Wario is already gone. Also I have another Pac-Man coming in that my friend bought me for my bday which in tomorrow. He didn't know I already had 2. I gave his son Mega Man and Sonic for his 6th birthday last month since those are the 2 characters he uses in Smash.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I collect two of everything. This wave I tried to get 3 or more since I'm probably not gonna be camping out like I have in the past and will just trade for future rares. Also alot of whats on that wall are already going to other people as gifts. I just wanted to take a picture of all of them before I ship them out. I only wish to have 1 open/1 boxed of every character by the time the last wave is done. Whatever I have leftover by then will go to those in need. None of these are going on ebay if thats your concern.

I was just curious. I know people on other collecting communities that will buy a HERD of the same exact plush/figure. I mean, they aren't Storm Troopers, so it's always been a curious thing for me with some obtain multiples of one thing. I totally get 1 sealed, 1 open, and there was barely enough for those to go around to everyone this wave with limits. I know others that do "2 of everything" but if it's to keep them both sealed... that's also been a head scratcher to me :p

skaflone721

Neo Member
That 3rd Wario is already gone. Also I have another Pac-Man coming in that my friend bought me for my bday which in tomorrow. He didn't know I already had 2. I gave his son Mega Man and Sonic for his 6th birthday last month since those are the 2 characters he uses in Smash.

Damn man, you gave his son 2 and you only got one in return from the father.

jon_dojah

Banned
Damn man, you gave his son 2 and you only got one in return from the father.

Haha. It was just a miscommunication. He offered to buy me whatever I wanted since I paid for his Wrestlemania ticket. He asked me if I wanted a silver mario, splatoon 3-pack, etc which I told him no to all. But he heard me say that Pac-Man is a must-have and took that as something I wanted when I already had him pre-ordered at Gamestop the day Ness went on preorder. This convo is happening all while I'm standing first in line at Target downtown San Francisco at 2am waiting to get Jiggly/Robin/Lucina. I think he just wanted to buy me something since I'm constantly just giving him and his family stuff. I bought his brother a ticket to Wrestlemania also and his daughter I gave her my last Pikachu since thats her Smash main and I went out and bought another for myself. I'm the kinda person that likes to gift loved ones stuff and don't want anything in return.

my collection

11377380_457069534462640_4191745911338790864_n.jpg
tumblr_nh27kfwwXs1tgmzako1_400.gif

Hey guys. I rarely post in these threads as I don't hunt Amiibos. I hope to have all the characters but will do so when they are more readily available.

Anyway I ordered a Splatoon 3-pack from Walmart. When I went to Best Buy to get the game they had some 3-packs and with my GCU I got 20% off I got the one that looked the best.

I want to open the one with the best quality figures. The only paint imperfections I really notice is that one girl has the shoelace loops not fully painted and a very tiny piece of pink below the loops. While the other girl seems to have a more rough looking suction cup under her left hair. It also looks like the Squid in the package above/left is shifted more to the right than usual.

If any Amiibo experts can weigh in I'll appreciate it.

I'm holding off on moving forward in the campaign until I can do the Amiibo challenges and upgrade my weapons.

TheGrue

I want to open the one with the best quality figures. The only paint imperfections I really notice is that one girl has the shoelace loops not fully painted and a very tiny piece of pink below the loops. While the other girl seems to have a more rough looking suction cup under her left hair. It also looks like the Squid in the package above/left is shifted more to the right than usual.

It's always fun to see the difference in tolerance in various people. Some people notice all this stuff. I open my package and I think, "it's not broken...sweet."

ExtremeDev

Neo Member
I've been trying to update the payment on my Shulk amiibo through GameStop for the past three days, but every single attempt has ended in failure. Customer service has not been helpful either (i.e. not picking up whatsoever) so if this keeps up I might have to just bite the bullet and look elsewhere for a Shulk amiibo. I'm really not looking forward to that. Has anybody else been screwed over in a similar situation?

amiibogaf i think these things starting to make me a bitter person cause all i cant think of now when i see a post about peoples amiibo coming in with the box damaged is well if you didnt keep them in the box and not use them there would be stock for someone that opens and uses them for what they were made for :(

zroid

Banned
amiibogaf i think these things starting to make me a bitter person cause all i cant think of now when i see a post about peoples amiibo coming in with the box damaged is well if you didnt keep them in the box and not use them there would be stock for someone that opens and uses them for what they were made for :(

I keep them in the box AND use them! :D

cut open the bottom and remove the foil

Anyone NIB collectors with a Lucina in a damaged box, I will happily buy it from you or trade a NIB Jigglypuff.

Sometime to keep in mind if your hate the look of that damaged box, I would love to give it a home! :)

Insaniac

It's always fun to see the difference in tolerance in various people. Some people notice all this stuff. I open my package and I think, "it's not broken...sweet."

i look closely at the amiibo i'm about to open if i have an extra, i want the best one to be opened and on display, but in the end, it doesn't bother me. The only thing that worries me is getting derp faces, especially on the Fire Emblem ones (Marth is gonna be annoying)

Got lucky with Ike.

on another note:

Wave 4, just looking for Jigglypuff

Meffer

So my PacMan I ordered from Amazon last week hasn't arrived yet. It said it should have arrived today at 8PM but it's already about 10 now. I checked the tracking details and the last update was that it left Texas on Tuesday. I ever had this problem with Amazon before so what the hell?

NateDrake

Pac-Man amiibo really looks awesome. May order him and Sonic just to complete the third-party characters in Smash. Mega Man is lonely.

prateeko

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I've been trying to figure out how much Amiibos are hand made vs a machine. I know labor is very cheap in China but with how much differing amounts of pain some of the amiibos have it would seem like it'd take too long to hand paint them, but then again that would explain the variability. The other part is just that with the uniformity they must be machine pressed with colors/paint, right?

Sponge

Banned
I've been trying to update the payment on my Shulk amiibo through GameStop for the past three days, but every single attempt has ended in failure. Customer service has not been helpful either (i.e. not picking up whatsoever) so if this keeps up I might have to just bite the bullet and look elsewhere for a Shulk amiibo. I'm really not looking forward to that. Has anybody else been screwed over in a similar situation?

So far I haven't heard any stories in like that. Mostly just people who get their boxes damaged in transit. That's awful though.

Neoxon

I checked online, and the closest one to me apparently doesn't have any stock. Did it show up for you?
There's one about 20 miles from me that will get some, that's the one I called & they clarified that their shipment got delayed due to the flooding. I'm gonna call them first thing in the morning for the next few days.

Josh5890

My amiibo update...

I have all Smash amiibos! Every single one is new in box and the North American version except for the frickin' Villager. I have an opened version of him. I have the Super Mario Series (including Silver and Gold) as well as the Splatoon 3 pack.

I am too stubborn to give up on Villager though. I want a sealed NA version of my own but I refuse to pay scalper prices (which I have voided overall to this point). Hopefully I can use trade pieces to pick him up. Hopefully...

Anyone NIB collectors with a Lucina in a damaged box, I will happily buy it from you or trade a NIB Jigglypuff.

Sometime to keep in mind if your hate the look of that damaged box, I would love to give it a home! :)

I open all of mine, but when I got my Gamestop shipment of 9 amiibo the other day, the boxes were all perfect... except for Lucina. I would have been super pissed if I didn't open them.

Pacman mii costume is so good, so mesmerizing

Oh man! I've been so busy with Splatoon that I forgot about the Pac-Man and Wario costumes for Mario Kart!

vazel

Banned
I'm really impressed with the detail on Lucina, and her face doesn't look weird. I'm saving her in case I need her to trade for an Arwing amiibo(I'm hoping Nintendo will release a new Star Fox amiibo line with the new game), but I'm tempted to open her up.

Jergingha

Neo Member
I think Pac Man is my favorite Amiibo of the ones I own at the moment.

So Simple, but it looks so good. And it feels good too!

......that's not weird to say right.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I think Pac Man is my favorite Amiibo of the ones I own at the moment.

So Simple, but it looks so good. And it feels good too!

......that's not weird to say right.

lgPikVY83GdjySikxc3P2kbAqgRonpY2.png

I bought the last Sonic the other day and it kinda resparked my interest in hunting for amiibos. Any list of rarities? I saw like seven PACMAN's when I got Sonic at Gamestop. Bunch of inklings and a few Silver Marios also.

Fox Mulder

My amiibo update...

I have all Smash amiibos! Every single one is new in box and the North American version except for the frickin' Villager. I have an opened version of him. I have the Super Mario Series (including Silver and Gold) as well as the Splatoon 3 pack.

I am too stubborn to give up on Villager though. I want a sealed NA version of my own but I refuse to pay scalper prices (which I have voided overall to this point). Hopefully I can use trade pieces to pick him up. Hopefully...

Respect to everyone with a full set, putting in work. This shit has been so annoying and I've only got 12 without the intention to ever get the whole set.

RK128

Hello everyone :D! Never posted in this thread before, but I just got my first two Amiibo today; Mega Man and Pac-Man. I wanted to get those two (alongside Mario and Sonic) just because they are my favorite characters to play in Smash. Was honestly surprised to find both Mega Man and Pac-Man sitting on the store shelf; never saw them in my local GameStop before. 27 bucks latter and now they are sitting on my desk :).

hk7iGE1.jpg

I love how Pac-Man looks; such a simple design and all its detail is spot on :). Mega Man just looks awesome; perfect shades of blue and the yellow charging bar on his Mega Buster looks great :D. Plan on getting a Sonic Amiibo some point in the next week or two (Mario's are very common, so I can wait as long as I want to in picking that up).

Do not plan on being a big collector of the things, as it is both expensive and as of right now, cannot use their features (don't own a Wii U or New 3DS). But it is nice owning the ones I really want :D.

I hope Nintendo announces the Amiibo Cards this E3, so that way anyone having issue hunting down the Amiibo they want can at least use the features linked to the Amiibo through them.

Wish everyone luck getting the ones they want and that you get nice collections of Amiibo :D.

RK128

Saving for future reference

welcome, friend

Thank you :D. I really cannot afford to buy a lot of the things honestly, so outside of Sonic and Mario.....I don't want to get any more :l. They look great and they feel nice to hold, but I've read this thread for a while; its not fair what most of you guys go through in trying to get the things.

Waiting on long lines, dealing with the shitty shipment issues from stores, having to deal with those Amazon time areas a few days back for Wave 4; not fair man :(. I hope Nintendo either stocks more of the Amiibos so that way more people can buy them or at least produce those Amiibo cards for the Smash, Splatoon and Super Mario Lines; people can access the content linked to the Amiibos then :).

Thank you for the warm welcome and I will post back here again when I get my Sonic amiibo :D.

Drago

http://m.imgur.com/cpC9nlg,b0poIFR#

More Woolly World amiibo costumes, I think this is the first confirmation of Splatoon amiibo support. I hope they have updates for when the rest of the Smash line and Chibi Robo come out.

fuck yes Biker Wario! I was expecting overalls!

Thank you :D. I really cannot afford to buy a lot of the things honestly, so outside of Sonic and Mario.....I don't want to get any more :l.
hey, you can do far worse than that! The 4 gaming titans wil make for a cool little collection. :D

Rocky

Banned
Has anyone who preordered Ness from Amazon UK back in April heard anything from them yet? With all these restock preorders from other places popping up, I would think they should also be getting Ness restocks. Not to mention they had originally said its delayed until June.

HardRojo

Hey guys. Which of the commons do you think is likely to become harder to find like Samus? I'm gonna start getting some of the ones in missing.

I open all of mine, but when I got my Gamestop shipment of 9 amiibo the other day, the boxes were all perfect... except for Lucina. I would have been super pissed if I didn't open them.

Yeah I can totally understand NIB collectors frustration at damaged boxes, but at the same time its like "HEY I'm over here desperate for a Lucina, and I'll take anything!"

Sort of a 'one mans junk is another mans treasure' thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
http://m.imgur.com/cpC9nlg,b0poIFR#

More Woolly World amiibo costumes, I think this is the first confirmation of Splatoon amiibo support. I hope they have updates for when the rest of the Smash line and Chibi Robo come out.

fuck yes Biker Wario! I was expecting overalls!
Bah, link & pictures don't work. But in any case, cool that the Splatoon amiibo work as well, makes me want to get them even more now.

Actually, here, it's a bit hard to see, but here's a good pic showing most of them:

Edit: Here's a video showing off more of the different amiibo skins, including Little Mac right at the beginning of the video.

So one my Squid Amiibo is slanted. It's tentacle is very close to the ink splatter on the right while the normal one has quite a bit more space.

Anything valuable about a squid Amiibo that's slanted to the right. Not super slanted but noticeable?

Rocky

Banned
Yeah I can totally understand NIB collectors frustration at damaged boxes, but at the same time its like "HEY I'm over here desperate for a Lucina, and I'll take anything!"

Sort of a 'one mans junk is another mans treasure' thing.

I have no sympathy for NiB collectors with damaged shipments. If NiB means that much to you, you should be lining up at the store to ensure you get an undamaged box.

Add in that many of them order multiples to have "one to open" when so many people are getting screwed and having a hard time just getting one and they are becoming more of a problem than scalpers.

And also that some places like Amazon are giving full refunds for damaged shipments while allowing them to keep the amiibo, they really have nothing to bitch about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom