• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime

Neo Member
thats whats making Nintendo shook, they don't want that

everyone go buy silver marios right now

Lol its true, Nintendo will ethier make incredibly small stock for the next variant or not make one at all if silver mario stock is still avialable.

I'll be waiting for Gold Luigi ,Link and Pikachu!

zroid

Banned
Face is a little derpy, but at least the sword isn't terribly bent. Paint is mostly clean too, though there was some visible glue that I was able to mostly remove.

yeah... and compared to OG Marth and Ike, pretty sure anyone would take this!

Frogstep

Wave 4 is complete now!

Zhmyszf.jpg

For me, this has been the easiest Wave to complete. I was lucky enough to be still awake when some of the preoders went up.

Second lone Greninja is the one I ordered for my friend when she wasn't answering her phone when TRU opened up orders. :p

colorlust

Yep I have no interest in a lot of characters

Mr game and watch
Zero suit samus
Duck hunt
Falco
Lucario
Greninja
Rob
Dr Mario
Dark pit
Mewtwo
Lucas
Mii fighters

Which is why after wave 5 I'm done with the smash hunt all the ones I want will be out then plus ima just import then so I can be done in July :)

My list is almost identical to yours, but my significant other likes so many characters that I don't like, which means we end up getting a lot. We are running out of space!

Brannon

Plenty of Splatoon amiibo at Best Buy in Atlanta (Edgewood)

f1NeQs5.jpg

Could not find the Squid one though, but so many Silver Marios!

Velcro Fly

Walked in to Toys R Us intending to birthday shop for the daughter of a friend. Decided to check out the amiibo section

They had four Splatoon 3 packs. Two were on the shelf and two were on a counter behind a register. It looked like they were getting a restock of sorts. The lady even said "Oh they must have just got these in"

Good feel finding those.

Ha! a year or so ago I found a guy in Jordan who had a container of new old stock of toys from the late 80's. I bought so much stuff from him. :)
I'm a sucker for a lot of those. The designs, specially by Tomy, were just amazing. One of my favorite things is a roly poly chime bird (along that same vein of simple but lots of personality).
Walked in to Toys R Us intending to birthday shop for the daughter of a friend. Decided to check out the amiibo section

They had four Splatoon 3 packs. Two were on the shelf and two were on a counter behind a register. It looked like they were getting a restock of sorts. The lady even said "Oh they must have just got these in"

Good feel finding those.
Yay!! I like success stories! :D

ameleco

So, thus far every Amiibo I ordered from this past wave arrived damaged. TRU did the best job at shipping, but, someone either mishandled the Amiibo box or it was damaged when it arrived because the box is still dented/bent. I am just so tired of this :( I wish Nintendo put them in a sturdier box. Collecting these things in the boxes is so annoying!

rjinaz

Just wanted to share my experience with beatthebomb.com.

I ordered some Greninjas on May 28th. They arrived today from AUS via their cheapest shipping option, so something like 7 days. Amazing. They arrived in perfect condition, final price about $21 each shipped.

They work in a weird way in that they first list the amiibo at cheaper prices, then after selling so many they continue to raise the price. So it might start at $16 AUD and end at $27 AUD, so the trick is to watch the website constantly for when they first list something. Also after shipping and money conversion, the price listed in AUD is basically what you'll pay in $US, once shipped. So if it's listed $22 AUD that's about what you'll pay in $US give or take.

Anyway I have some Ness coming in, $25 each after shipping. I'll let you all know how that goes.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a sucker for a lot of those. The designs, specially by Tomy, were just amazing. One of my favorite things is a roly poly chime bird (along that same vein of simple but lots of personality).

Yay!! I like success stories! :D

lHoBaPY.png

Ryfferr

June 5th?!

Damn bro, you livin' in the future!

Yeah bruh, keep up.

Also since that preorder is only for the amiibo itself, I wonder what EB Games will do if it turns out its only available via the bundle.

If they transfer my preorder to the bundle I'll probs just follow Peagles and get the game and amiibo price matched with JB Hifi or something.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Th..thanks gamestop...fucking shit
Ouch, why couldn't it be pacman to get the packaging destroyed. Why lucina and ness D:

Edit: Pro tip: The same happened to me with Best Buy when I bought the 9 commons in one order from them back in November. If possible avoid ordering more than 3 in a single order to avoid damage. Did this with my Best Buy order and they all arrived in much better condition this time around.

Xamdou

Just got my Shulk from gamestop and he was packaged great! They shipped him in a huge box that could have fit 8+ amiibos and had lot's of cushion!

I was lucky enough to be one of the ten or so people to actually get a Lucina from Amazon, and she just arrived.
tEAhNWF.png

Face is a little derpy, but at least the sword isn't terribly bent. Paint is mostly clean too, though there was some visible glue that I was able to mostly remove.
HiLkjTn.png
IxcyZ8u.png
0du3gyO.png
ldhqVWw.png
DWUJNqO.png
rssGZGy.png

Overall, looks a bit better than I expected. Hopefully I get the figma in the mail sometime soon too.

The face on that Amiibo actually looks really good. Kinda shocked :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom