• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
Ok. Sorry. I didn't know. I don't know if those are considered reasonable prices (?), I just know some of these are hard-to-find so I wanted to help GAFers if I could at the listed prices from the guy here that I'm getting Ness from for another GAFer. Thank you. Sorry about that! (FWIW I tried to be clear in my original post that I wouldn't be making any money, so profit is not of interest to me here, was just trying to be helpful.)

Its nice you are trying to be helpful but those prices are a little steep. Its not as bad as Ebay or Amazon to be fair but it doesn't come off as "helping an amiibro out" either. There was a store here in Ohio that wanted $50 for Falcon. Nintendo just makes it so hard for people to get these things...Im sure they could have found another way.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
Part of me wants to post there & see if anyone is willing to just sell (not trade) a Splatoon 3-Pack & maybe a Robin & Lucina as well, but how much inflation is there for just buying certain amiibo from the current wave?

My funds are rather low, so I can barely afford to pay twice the amount for one right now. Hell, I don't know if I want to spend more than $40 on the Splatoon pack considering I can barely afford getting it for MSRP.

The MSRP was pretty brutal for the Splatoon 3 pack but on average 1 amiibo costs $14 so the 3 pk SHOULD have costed $42. Oh Nintendo and their generous $7 discount. haha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The MSRP was pretty brutal for the Splatoon 3 pack but on average 1 amiibo costs $14 so the 3 pk SHOULD have costed $42. Oh Nintendo and their generous $7 discount. haha
Yeah, it's more of a $5-$7 discount, but I feel like at this rate, people are gonna be asking for $50+ prices because it seems like you can't get them in stores & such. Hell, Amazon is freakin' $70+ from the sellers on there.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
Yeah, it's more of a $5-$7 discount, but I feel like at this rate, people are gonna be asking for $50+ prices because it seems like you can't get them in stores & such. Hell, Amazon is freakin' $70+ from the sellers on there.

Oh My God. I thought when they announced it that the 3 pack was going to be available EVERYWHERE but I preordered on Walmart just to be sure. Its really ashame because the Squid import prices are getting higher and higher. Just before the wave released in NA he was about $26 imported from JapanLand.

ChrisD

There were actually a number of 3-Packs at my local Gamestops, Best Buys, and Frys. Had I known people were having trouble finding them I would have picked up another. =/

zulux21

they on average cost $12.99
ZoYznMe.png
you must do a lot of shopping at ripoff R Us which charge 13.99 per amiibo :p

thus is should have been $39 or a savings of $4.

Toki767

I feel sorry people who can't experience the GCU goodness for amiibo.

$10.39 + tax per amiibo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's the thing. I figured because of how much Nintendo was trying to push & market Splatoon, they would've made more of the Splatoon amiibo, but nope, no new shipments this week at my Target, Meijer, & GameStop for ANY of the stuff that came out last week aside from Silver Mario & Pac-Man, and that was just at my GS.

zulux21

I feel sorry people who can't experience the GCU goodness for amiibo.

Indeed. brought the 3 pack down to a nice $29.53 after tax for me.

Well that's the thing. I figured because of how much Nintendo was trying to push & market Splatoon, they would've made more of the Splatoon amiibo, but nope, no new shipments this week at my Target, Meijer, & GameStop for ANY of the stuff that came out last week aside from Silver Mario & Pac-Man, and that was just at my GS.

if they flooded the market with them there would be risk of them not all selling out and not forcing increased demand from small supply :p

For amiibo/a new ip they seem to have put out a ton of them. it's just the demand is even more than that.

I can't wait to find out next month that the amiibo to splatoon sold better than the game lol.

Vuapol

Yeah, I had just gone to my local Toys R Us the other day to see if I could get lucky with a Greninja. No such luck.

However, apparently my Toys R Us is Splatoon amiibo Mecca. Just shelves upon shelves of Splatoon amiibo, 3 packs included.

Splatoon must not have caught on around here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I also like how my Walmart near the entrance & then again in the Electronics had Splatoon advertisements including the Splatoon amiibo, but I'm pretty sure they never even GOT the amiibo because it sure looked the same when I checked today compared to last week.

& looking online GS's site doesn't even list the Splatoon amiibo & Target doesn't have the 3-pack. Least Walmart's site still lists them, so I guess I'll have to see if I get lucky if they stock it again.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member

Yea those are TRU prices. I hate shopping at Gamestop. Especially the one at my store after seeing what they did with the Ness preorders. Telling people it was going to be 4PM est instead of the widely known 3pm in store preorder. I sat on the floor (I gave no shits) and overheard the employees wanting first dibs on Ness orders. Shady company. I would rather pay the $1 TRU tax.

zulux21

Yea those are TRU prices. I hate shopping at Gamestop. Especially the one at my store after seeing what they did with the Ness preorders. Telling people it was going to be 4PM est instead of the widely known 3pm in store preorder. I sat on the floor (I gave no shits) and overheard the employees wanting first dibs on Ness orders. Shady company. I would rather pay the $1 TRU tax.

I don't really buy from gamestop either. (no free shipping on online amiibo preorders, shady practices in general)
in genreal I won't support toys r us either (amiibo tax, stupid high free shipping requirement)

I just got my amiibo from walmart and best buy this time around (best buy allows GCU to work on amiibo making them $11 after tax each for me and have a $35 shipping threshold which is calculated before GCU thus you can get with 3 amiibo in an order and walmart does free shipping on single amiibos during preorder)

TI82

Banned

You sound like a real amiibo maniac

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
You sound like a real amiibo maniac

Well Ness and Jigglypuff were the last 2 my boyfriend needed for his goal of the original n64 Smash roster. If I didn't do that then I would be paying scalper fees for an amiibo I paid $13 for. I got Jiggly when she went up on Targets website.

maxcriden

Its nice you are trying to be helpful but those prices are a little steep. Its not as bad as Ebay or Amazon to be fair but it doesn't come off as "helping an amiibro out" either. There was a store here in Ohio that wanted $50 for Falcon. Nintendo just makes it so hard for people to get these things...Im sure they could have found another way.

I understand. The prices, just to be clear, were not set by me. They're from the guy on craigslist. Anyway, I appreciate the info.

ExtremeDev

Neo Member
GameStop wouldn't let me update my payment info for my Shulk amiibo, and now it was canceled because I took longer than 48 hours to pay for it :')
ebay here i come

TI82

Banned
Well Ness and Jigglypuff were the last 2 my boyfriend needed for his goal of the original n64 Smash roster. If I didn't do that then I would be paying scalper fees for an amiibo I paid $13 for. I got Jiggly when she went up on Targets website.

Wow, sounds like he should go out and get them!!!!

maxcriden

Please do not discuss selling in this thread. Take it to the help thread if you want to actually help at reasonable prices (come on, you didn't pay $40 for a single Greninja or Jigglypuff) or the BST thread if you want a profit.

Wait, I just saw this edit. Please re-read my posts. I didn't buy these amiibo at all. I've never bought an amiibo until the one I bought for a GAFer today. If you read my posts you would know I was just providing these amiibo at the prices I found them, for anyone who needed them.

Please don't jump to conclusions, esp. if you're going to try to make me sound like a scalper when I was just trying to do a nice thing. :-/

TI82

Banned
Wait, I just saw this edit. Please re-read my posts. I didn't buy these amiibo at all. I've never bought an amiibo until the one I bought for a GAFer today. If you read my posts you would know I was just providing these amiibo at the prices I found them, for anyone who needed them.

Please don't jump to conclusions, esp. if you're going to try to make me sound like a scalper when I was just trying to do a nice thing. :-/

"Go home scalper!!!!" - Diggeh

Rocky

Banned
Jigglypuff with no mouth anyone? Not mine, but someone sent me the link on Twitter. I don't know how people notice these defects in store. I probably would have passed this by. Amazing.

Probably because it didn't have the defect in the store. It's very easy to open an amiibo, rub a little paint thinner on Jiggly's mouth and then put her back in the box and with a little bit of glue, make it look like the box was never opened.

That's awfully nice of you! I mean if you happen to be swinging by anyway and see one, I'll happily pay you for it, but don't go out of your way, I'm more mad at the total lack of customer service, than I am at missing the Amiibo, especially since they knew these were going to be a hot commodity.

No luck. They only had 4 total amiibo's of any kind. :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Sorry, I didn't see your other posts! Been super busy and haven't checked the thread since. Not accusing you of anything--we've had some trouble with scalpers in the thread before and don't want any issues. :)

Also don't listen to TI, he's our resident troll.

maxcriden

Sorry, I didn't see your other posts! Been super busy and haven't checked the thread since. Not accusing you of anything--we've had some trouble with scalpers in the thread before and don't want any issues. :)

Also don't listen to TI, he's our resident troll.

Oh, okay. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get an undeserved scalper rep ;) Thanks!

Drago

Greninja finally came yesterday so I'm all caught up. Time for an updated collection pic I 'spose. Using something other than a phone finally (my dad's old camera... lol, still looks better though)

hello everyone!! been banned for 3 weeks so didn't get to share my wave 4 pick ups. I got Robin, Pac Man and Greninja(greninja should be here sometime today). I almost got Lucina but amazon was going to charge for shipping and I didn't care that much for her, was only going to get her as a substitute for merf since i couldn't get one of those. Found out that it was an error on their part and it was actually free shipping still >_> oh well. I was going to get the splatoon triple pack but decided against it since i won't be buying the game anytime soon and I'm starting to run out of space to put my amiibos. got space for like 4 more and after that I'm gonna be placing them in random places in my room lol.

Greninja finally came yesterday so I'm all caught up. Time for an updated collection pic I 'spose. Using something other than a phone finally (my dad's old camera... lol, still looks better though)

nice nice! wish i had a meta knight, ness & little mac but alas I refuse to spend more than retail price on cheap looking figures.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I Have No Mouth And I Must Jiggle.

I appreciate that reference.

hello everyone!! been banned for 3 weeks so didn't get to share my wave 4 pick ups. I got Robin, Pac Man and Greninja(greninja should be here sometime today). I almost got Lucina but amazon was going to charge for shipping and I didn't care that much for her, was only going to get her as a substitute for merf since i couldn't get one of those. Found out that it was an error on their part and it was actually free shipping still >_> oh well. I was going to get the splatoon triple pack but decided against it since i won't be buying the game anytime soon and I'm starting to run out of space to put my amiibos. got space for like 4 more and after that I'm gonna be placing them in random places in my room lol.

nice nice! wish i had a meta knight, ness & little mac but alas I refuse to spend more than retail price on cheap looking figures.

Welcome back Prinny! :)

hello everyone!! been banned for 3 weeks so didn't get to share my wave 4 pick ups. I got Robin, Pac Man and Greninja(greninja should be here sometime today). I almost got Lucina but amazon was going to charge for shipping and I didn't care that much for her, was only going to get her as a substitute for merf since i couldn't get one of those. Found out that it was an error on their part and it was actually free shipping still >_> oh well.

Same reason I missed her :(

Shun

Trying to offload some stuff, anyone want my amiibo boxes?

Toon Link
Rosalina
Marth
Robin
Ike
(Lucina next week)
Jigglypuff
Ness.

I'd like to get rid of it if you could possibly cover shipping?

Toki767

Trying to offload some stuff, anyone want my amiibo boxes?

Toon Link
Rosalina
Marth
Robin
Ike
(Lucina next week)
Jigglypuff
Ness.

I'd like to get rid of it if you could possibly cover shipping?
Just the boxes or unopened amiibo too? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom