• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

melman101

Just got back from Nintendo World. Got my Jiggly Puff. Just missing Ness now. Hopefully GameStop or Nintendo restocks him somehow.

As part of our ritual when we go down there, my friend and I went to the Best Buy next to the Nintendo World and we found two Meta Knights! So we picked that up as well! All in all a good day!

I have some good figures to trade for a Ness if it comes down to it.

Am_I_Evil

got a metaknight yesterday from a local best buy...only one they had...box is a little bent, and the paintjob is terrible, but its better than nothing...

looks like i'll have a Jiggly, a Robin, and a Japanese Meta Knight available for trade soon...i'm looking for a Little Mac, a Ness & a Greninja....sound doable?

got a metaknight yesterday from a local best buy...only one they had...box is a little bent, and the paintjob is terrible, but its better than nothing...

so how likely are my odds in trading a Robin for a Ness? sound like something someone would go for?

Meta is soooo common now.

Am_I_Evil

I wouldnt say he is common, but I dont believe he is straight worth a Robin and definitely not a Ness.

that part of the original post was separate...i was asking if i could trade a Robin for a Ness...just wondering how the odds on that look currently...

SaviourMK2

BIG PACKAGE CAME IN!!!

11407088_10206025852420861_7022980611562035423_n.jpg

it's just Greninja..

11406825_10206025852660867_8984514517241382800_n.jpg

nikos

Just ordered an Inkling Girl from Walmart for store pickup. Let's see if they actually come through.

Now I just need the Inkling Squid. I have Meta Knight (mint box/paint) for trade, if anyone is interested.

Kilau

Just ordered an Inkling Girl from Walmart for store pickup. Let's see if they actually come through.

Now I just need the Inkling Squid. I have Meta Knight (mint box/paint) for trade, if anyone is interested.

The Squid only comes in the Splatoon 3 pack in NA region. Unless you are looking for other region or loose.

Am_I_Evil

ordered a Charizard from Walmart.com for store pickup in Lucas, TX...showed up and they brought out a Bowser...said they didn't have it so they just substituted it...wtf?

the lady got a weird look when she looked up my order...after she brought it out she explained why...someone else earlier in the day had tried to also pick up a Charizard and had the same thing happen...and it is still showing up as in stock for the store on Walmart.com...so just beware to anyone in the area...don't waste your time...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well darn. I went in to GS today because they were suppose to get their shipment of a few new amiibo, including Shulk, and.........nothing.

He checked the box that was suppose to have Shulk & a Silver Mario, but he got less items than he was told they were getting (he said it's been happening for a while where either they get less than expected or completely different/extra items). Looked through the rest of the boxes and nothing.

Huge bummer since I was trying to get him for my friend. Target still didn't get any more shipments in as well, & Walmart was exactly the same as the previous months, despite the fact when I was walking in, they had a thing advertising Splatoon + the amiibo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is it confirmed that Wave 4 has basically been discontinued except for Silver Mario?
Feels like it at this rate.

Also you'd think for how hard Nintendo has been pushing Splatoon via marketing, they'd make the amiibo for them a BIT easier to find/have more of them made....

Much respect for owning every single one and several times holy mother dat Ness. Not a fan of how they look displayed that way tho.

... OPEN THEM!11 :p

You'd probably have a heart attack if you saw my shelf then. Maybe I'll take a pic later. haha. It's a mess.

Rocky

Banned
So is it confirmed that Wave 4 has basically been discontinued except for Silver Mario?

Has any other wave been discontinued yet? I'm sure there will be more available in the future. Just look at the previous waves, I see more them available all the time.

Has any other wave been discontinued yet? I'm sure there will be more available in the future. Just look at the previous waves, I see more them available all the time.

We got some in stock notification today, didn't we? And Pac Man keeps going up. Actually, I might want a second Pac to open...

Dimentios

I still have a Villager (EU) (NIB) (old version) lying around here in Europe and am in need of a gold mario. Someone interested in an trade?

Rocky

Banned
We got some in stock notification today, didn't we? And Pac Man keeps going up. Actually, I might want a second Pac to open...

Reddit has been reporting Meta Knight stock at Best Buys across the country since yesterday. Pac is still available at several retailers in the US.

Got an email from Tiger Direct this morning and they swear that they will be getting Lucina in stock soon! lol, we'll see...

Yeah I got the same email, and before my order said "Backordered" and now it says
In Process - Your order is in process at our warehouse.
but I no longer see my order for Robin

My Greninja from Zavvi got cancelled. Very happy I walked to TRU on launch day. They sent me a 10% off code that expires next month as an apology but I don't plan on buying anything from them again. If anyone wants it, please message me.

maxcriden

**FYI**

Amiibo

I have a hookup here in ATL and am going to get a GAFer a Ness amiibo in a few mins:

Actual cost, shipping not included:

Silver Mario $25
Wario $25
Shulk $30
Pacman $20
Greninja $40
Jigglypuff $40

I'm leaving in a very short while to get the Ness and only can make one trip at the moment. So, if you want one of these hit me up *right now* and I'll hook you up for free (as in, I won't be making any money on this deal, you pay the above price + actual shipping).

Unreal. I have been stalking my Best Buy store every day this week, literally calling and asking every single day this week if they had MetaKnight in, every day they said in transit, but to call Friday.

I don't trust them so I drive in Friday. They tell me "It shows we have 8 in, but nobody can find them, we are still unloading the truck, so go ahead and right down your name and number and we'll give you a call if/when we find them"

Sure enough I just called back, asked if they found them only to find out that "They had them earlier in the day, but they are sold out now."

You've got to be freaking kidding me. I am so irritated right now.

TI82

Banned
Unreal. I have been stalking my Best Buy store every day this week, literally calling and asking every single day this week if they had MetaKnight in, every day they said in transit, but to call Friday.

I don't trust them so I drive in Friday. They tell me "It shows we have 8 in, but nobody can find them, we are still unloading the truck, so go ahead and right down your name and number and we'll give you a call if/when we find them"

Sure enough I just called back, asked if they found them only to find out that "They had them earlier in the day, but they are sold out now."

Same thing happened to me. Lady said to keep calling so I did, turns out they had come in and she just didn't to disappoint me.

I'll go check at mine around the corner. If they have one I'll get it and sent it to you at cost. :)

jon_dojah

Banned

This has been known to happen with Best Buy long before Amiibo were thought of. They did this with my Wii U Gamecube Adapter when Smash4 came out. Some person walked in randomly and bought my preorder. I called customer service and they gave me $5 gift certificate for their screw up.

maxcriden

Please do not discuss selling in this thread. Take it to the help thread if you want to actually help at reasonable prices or the BST thread if you want a profit.

Ok. Sorry. I didn't know. I don't know if those are considered reasonable prices (?), I just know some of these are hard-to-find so I wanted to help GAFers if I could at the listed prices from the guy here that I'm getting Ness from for another GAFer. Thank you. Sorry about that! (FWIW I tried to be clear in my original post that I wouldn't be making any money, so profit is not of interest to me here, was just trying to be helpful.)

I'll go check at mine around the corner. If they have one I'll get it and sent it to you at cost. :)

That's awfully nice of you! I mean if you happen to be swinging by anyway and see one, I'll happily pay you for it, but don't go out of your way, I'm more mad at the total lack of customer service, than I am at missing the Amiibo, especially since they knew these were going to be a hot commodity.

This has been known to happen with Best Buy long before Amiibo were thought of. They did this with my Wii U Gamecube Adapter when Smash4 came out. Some person walked in randomly and bought my preorder. I called customer service and they gave me $5 gift certificate for their screw up.

And honestly, I get it to an extent, they probably don't understand it so they don't care, and its not like I had it pre-ordered or anything, but damn, don't tell you have it, make the effort to let me know you'll reach out to me when you find them, and then just completely blow it off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Please do not discuss selling in this thread. Take it to the help thread if you want to actually help at reasonable prices (come on, you didn't pay $40 for a single Greninja or Jigglypuff) or the BST thread if you want a profit.
Part of me wants to post there & see if anyone is willing to just sell (not trade) a Splatoon 3-Pack & maybe a Robin & Lucina as well, but how much inflation is there for just buying certain amiibo from the current wave?

My funds are rather low, so I can barely afford to pay twice the amount for one right now. Hell, I don't know if I want to spend more than $40 on the Splatoon pack considering I can barely afford getting it for MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom