• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
BIG thanks to Toki767 for selling me one of his Marths for retail price...
5xeWBJJ.jpg

This picture doesn't show him off well but I'm pretty pleased with his detail...

I've actually been impressed with all of the Fire Emblem characters, Robin and Lucina in particular. And this coming from someone who has never played a Fire Emblem game. Amiibos are a sickness:/

Thanks again Toki!

BIG thanks to Toki767 for selling me one of his Marths for retail price...

This picture doesn't show him off well but I'm pretty pleased with his detail...

I've actually been impressed with all of the Fire Emblem characters, Robin and Lucina in particular. And this coming from someone who has never played a Fire Emblem game. Amiibos are a sickness:/

Thanks again Toki!

MERF!!! man the humanoid characters look so much better passed wave 1(which i guess is only marth, right?) robin looks excellent, so does the cap'n and shulk. can't speak for lucina though as i don't own her sadly.

amiiblues...got desperate and paid scalper price for ness on amazon and subsequently cancelled a day later. hope the cancellation goes through :/

Here's my collection on my bookshelf.
uaaKupOl.jpg

Received my new Shulk in a trade today, so happy he's safe!

I checked my cable Internet bill earlier this morning to find they hiked the prices on me. Not content, I set out to purchase a new modem outright so I didn't have to rent theirs anymore. This search led me to Best Buy in Florence, KY where I got the last Meta Knight (or so they told me)!

My dad's gonna be so happy to see him :)

After I clocked out of my shift at a local super grocery store where I work at, I went to the electronics section and I found 2 Super Mario Toad Amiibos. :eek: I stood in shock because I couldn't believe my eyes at first and I bought one right away! I checked the other gamestops close by me and they have Toad in stock. I got lucky that I didnt have to pay a scalper for it and I still hope that I won't have to either for the other Amiibos. Wishful thinking though. My hunt for the other amiibos continues.

Just ordered Marth from amazon UK..they deducted the shipping cost for me (Since I had issues before where I Never got Ness)

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
£10.83
Postage & Packing:
£0.00
Total Before VAT:
£10.83
VAT:
£0.00
Total:
£10.83
Promotion Applied:
-£2.00
Grand Total:
£8.83
How does that sound in US dollars? And since this is a EUR Marth I assume I will have NO issues using this here in the US

Nori Chan

Thanks to Lee Chaolan (Aka the Bats!) for helping me collect my last amiibo I needed for my collection!

It came in perfectly and without a mark! He's the real MVP. And I'm now a browns fan for the season!
maybe

Thanks to Lee Chaolan (Aka the Bats!) for helping me collect my last amiibo I needed for my collection!

It came in perfectly and without a mark! He's the real MVP. And I'm now a browns fan for the season!
maybe

Hey, I'm so glad it arrived safely! I found the perfect box size for it, not too snug or loose. Glad to help.

also LOL, like I said, just be nice to my Browns and I'll be happy. :D

Now, maybe someone can help me found a Dedede? xD

Joei

I feel sorry people who can't experience the GCU goodness for amiibo.

$10.39 + tax per amiibo.

I've bought my common Amiibo and buy all games at BBY now. I even was fortunate to get a rare, Meta Knight, there. It sucks that I cant' buy more there at that price though. And that 20% off is boss for new games. Hell, I'm getting Batman for 48, then taking off 20 because of rewards I have, the game is costing me like 30$ after tax for PS4.

melman101

I'm going to wait about a month or two, and then, if no sign of Ness coming back, I may have to make a trade.

Of course it's all dependent on what people need, however, what standalone figure do you think is worth it to trade for Ness?

Man I just want those wave 5B preorders to go up on amazon.jp already

I need that Dr. Mario amiibo really bad.

Me too. I'm definitely opening him!

Enjolras

Neo Member
Your mileage may vary, but my local GAME store in Edinburgh got a small restock of Marth and Meta Knight yesterday. Here's hoping it's not just those two figures that are coming back!

Zalman

Might as well ask here too...

Does anyone know where I can order one of the new Villagers? It has to be the new one with the improved eyes.

RootCause

Just ordered Marth from amazon UK..they deducted the shipping cost for me (Since I had issues before where I Never got Ness)

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
£10.83
Postage & Packing:
£0.00
Total Before VAT:
£10.83
VAT:
£0.00
Total:
£10.83
Promotion Applied:
-£2.00
Grand Total:
£8.83
How does that sound in US dollars? And since this is a EUR Marth I assume I will have NO issues using this here in the US
$13.49 great catch. Yep, Amiibo are region free. So they all work the same.

RootCause

Might as well ask here too...

Does anyone know where I can order one of the new Villagers? It has to be the new one with the improved eyes.
I would assume any restock in Japan will have the smaller eyes. Actually bought one in Amazon hoping to get one. The new one grew on me. :p

shadrach84

Neo Member
My local best buy today had 6 meta knights in. Was lucky enough to snag one when they opened. There were 2 other people looking for them too. YMMV

Velcro Fly

Anyone have any idea if/when the Splatoon 3 pack might be restocked? It's completely sold out in my area.

I randomly got one the other day from Toys R Us. Was there to shop for something completely unrelated and thought I'd check. They had one out and I grabbed. Came back a few minutes later to thoroughly comb the stock to make sure I wasn't missing anything rare and they had another one out. Went to check out and saw a dude pulling them out of a huge box that had two more.

I think eventually these won't be too hard to come by.

They had a metric fuck load of the inkling boy and girl by themselves though

prmtyme

Neo Member
to those that pmed me for ness i responded also amiibo front has been quiet waiting for those chibi robo packs to go up for pre order (the one with game since i know ppl wont order cuz how much lol if they do more power to nintendo and hopefully they release an amiibo exclusive to a bundle for 59.99 lol )
boG5kOK.jpg

now this would be cool amiibos if it happened (preferably skull kid) stole the pic from gameinformer lol

TI82

Banned
to those that pmed me for ness i responded also amiibo front has been quiet waiting for those chibi robo packs to go up for pre order (the one with game since i know ppl wont order cuz how much lol if they do more power to nintendo and hopefully they release an amiibo exclusive to a bundle for 59.99 lol )
boG5kOK.jpg

now this would be cool amiibos if it happened (preferably skull kid) stole the pic from gameinformer lol

Jakks has a skull kidd figure coming out next month supposedly.

Rocky

Banned
boG5kOK.jpg

Needs a Zelda figure. Screw the Skull Kid one.

zroid

Banned
boG5kOK.jpg

just release Toon Ganondorf and Skull Kid amiibo cards so I can tape them to the bottom of the figures I got with the WW and MM CEs.

$13.49 great catch. Yep, Amiibo are region free. So they all work the same.

Awesome thanks for letting me know..and to get it for the same price I would get it here in the US is great..its going to be coming this week according to amazon UK they even upgraded my shipping for free(I wasnt paying shipping to begin with LOL) Im just not sure does it still come by USPS when it actually arrives here because for the most part Im not home during the week so I cant sign for anything) still waiting for update on Ness its still not been dispatched

Can't believe the luck I had today. Ran by Best Buy on the off chance of Meta Knight, two sitting on the shelf.
As if that wasn't enough, I decided to swing by Toys R Us and 4 of everything in Wave 4 is just sitting on the shelf. Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Wario. I grabbed two of everything, doubles most likely going to my friend who collects, though it took some strength not to take all the Lucinas and Robins. Hopefully they'll end up in good hands instead of scalpers. No Greninja, but I can't complain at all!
This is at the Oracle Rd. Tucson, AZ store by the way, if anyone is in the area.

Armaly

So my Greninja came in today. Weird thing was that they shipped him with a top of the Greninja box under a flap. Is this a safe way to prevent edges from getting damaged? Seems like a great way to get the box bent to me. I need to mail this for a trade, should I use the same box or is there a better alternative? Thanks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got a Meta Knight! One step closer.
And we're close to E3. Come on big announcement.

Velcro Fly

How do they horn amiibo support into Mario Maker? And how mad will people be when it happens?

I'm hoping if they do it that you can scan one of the Mario characters to be able to play as them in the level or something. Would be sweet

Or you know have a Koopaling amiibo set come out with it and scanning them lets you add them in the game.

Basically just give me Koopaling stuff Nintendo come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom