• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
How do they horn amiibo support into Mario Maker? And how mad will people be when it happens?

I'm hoping if they do it that you can scan one of the Mario characters to be able to play as them in the level or something. Would be sweet

Or you know have a Koopaling amiibo set come out with it and scanning them lets you add them in the game.

Basically just give me Koopaling stuff Nintendo come on

Now you've got me dreaming of a Super Mario Crossover type of thing.

Hnng

How do they horn amiibo support into Mario Maker? And how mad will people be when it happens?

I'm hoping if they do it that you can scan one of the Mario characters to be able to play as them in the level or something. Would be sweet

Or you know have a Koopaling amiibo set come out with it and scanning them lets you add them in the game.

Basically just give me Koopaling stuff Nintendo come on
I was genuinely surprised they didn't announce them with the Smash Bros. series along with Bowser Jr.. I was going to cry for my wallet even harder.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Scan Sonic to make it turn into Sonic Maker, where Mario can FINALLY play in Green Hill Zone.

Scan Mega Man to turn it into Mega Man Maker.

Scan Pac-Man to turn it into Pac-Land Maker.........I know what I said.

Scan Sonic to make it turn into Sonic Maker, where Mario can FINALLY play in Green Hill Zone.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28061-1366917249-10.gif

Sora_N

Just wondering, anyone know if it's possible to cut the Inkling Amiibo ink tank piece out?

Thinking about repainting one of my Inkling girls and if I can't, I may just keep her sealed.

When you scan Mega Man in Mario Kart, you should be able to play as a tombstone driving a kart.

Fox Mulder

Decided to go to Best Buy given I read that some folks here had found Meta Knight Amiibo lying around and such.

Well:
tumblr_npjjnf9yZO1s5pupqo1_540.jpg

my bestbuy never has these, or any wave 4, or any splatoon, and has sold out of the splatoon game too. It's the only one in the third largest city in NC though.

scoot3r

Went to bestbuy, saw nothing on the shelves but the associate asked me which one I was looking for. Told him meta knight and he went in back and got me two! Good times

Gwarf

Banned
Okay, I just got back from scout camp(yes, I'm a scout master) and all my amiibo that got shipped made it. I ended up with one extra Greninja. I don't mind if you have already opened the amiibo.

I am willing to trade it for any one of the following:

Lucario
Ness
Shulk

Shauni

It would be pretty odd to release Captain Toad amiibo only bundled with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker months after the release of said game.

HardRojo

It would be pretty odd to release Captain Toad amiibo only bundled with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker months after the release of said game.

I didn't mean the Wii U game, maybe a smaller 3DS one that will be announced soon, I don't know. It seems Captain Toad was pretty well received so I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to go for a handheld version.

well in typical usps fashion my package(greninja) arrived a day late after an "attempted" delivery yesterday which is total complete 100% bs since i had it delivered at my work place and no one never showed up. I'm not at work but I'm having my mom's boyfriend bring it over for me since he works there as well. I'll report back on the condition that he came in. Really hyped for him :) he BETTER be in perfect god damn condition, its the most i spent on an amiibo with TRU thinking they're so god damn important to charge more than retail price AND have the most expensive shipping($6) and yet they're the slowest ones.

also speaking of amiibos at E3, I'm going to be highly disappointed if Nintendo doesn't announce that the smash dlc character amiibos don't come with codes to unlock said character in game, like it makes so much sense to have it that way that I'm just going to sigh if it doesn't happen. Also, please don't make Mewtwo retail exclusive, for the love of god don't do that to Mewtwo, especially TRU. As Jaw already knows, I go hard for mewtwo! >:)

TI82

Banned
my bestbuy never has these, or any wave 4, or any splatoon, and has sold out of the splatoon game too. It's the only one in the third largest city in NC though.

Metaknight I understand selling out but Splatoon? Really? Game is stinking up shelves at literally every store I go to here.

Shauni

They re-released the game again as an Amiibo bundle in Japan.

With what? Regular Toad? Was it the only way to get Toad, because that's what I was talking, being an exclusive to said bundle such as Chibi-Robo (I believe) is. I could see them doing a re-release and all, but I don't see it being the only way to get Captain Toad, that would just be weird. Now a 3DS/Wii U sequel or something, maybe.

Peagles

With what? Regular Toad? Was it the only way to get Toad, because that's what I was talking, being an exclusive to said bundle such as Chibi-Robo (I believe) is. I could see them doing a re-release and all, but I don't see it being the only way to get Captain Toad, that would just be weird. Now a 3DS/Wii U sequel or something, maybe.

Yep just with regular Toad. You could buy him separately too, he wasn't exclusive to the bundle.

Also maybe Chibi Robo is only exclusive to the bundle in NA? I've ordered mine seperately here in NZ. Although we got Mario separately as well as bundled with Mario Party so maybe that's just a regional difference in bundles/exclusives.

Shauni

Yep just with regular Toad. You could buy him separately too, he wasn't exclusive to the bundle.

Also maybe Chibi Robo is only exclusive to the bundle in NA? I've ordered mine seperately here in NZ. Although we got Mario separately as well as bundled with Mario Party so maybe that's just a regional difference in bundles/exclusives.

I haven't paid attention, so it may be available separately here, too (we also eventually got the regular Mario Party Mario, too). I was mainly responding to HardRojo's post that I took to mean being only available through a software bundle.

Peagles

I haven't paid attention, so it may be available separately here, too (we also eventually got the regular Mario Party Mario, too). I was mainly responding to HardRojo's post that I took to mean being only available through a software bundle.

So far they've said its exclusive to the bundle in NA (no word on if this is timed or otherwise). What I'm not sure about is whether that exclusivity applies anywhere else (because it doesn't here).

Either way, Japan re-released Captain Toad as an Amiibo bundle a few months after release, so it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same elsewhere. I'd much rather an actual Captain Toad Amiibo though.

GameStop ended up sending me an extra Shulk I didn't even order. I'm not complaining.

Would I be crazy to ask for a Captain Falcon in return for him?

Man some of you guys are so lucky finding stuff like Meta Knight and the one dude in AZ who found all of wave 4. I never see anything. I went to Toys R Us (2 of them), Best Buy (2), and Target today and I couldn't find anything. And I STILL haven't been able to find any of the latest World of Nintendo figures either, mainly the 6" Metroid and Ganondorf. The stores around me all stink.

I need to move.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Well my greninja looks great :) all these meta knight amiibos in best buy is tempting me to go check my local one and see if they got any... ordered an ike for 25 bucks at ebay as well, looking forward to that

Hatchtag

Banned
I've seen ~5 Splatoon triple packs around the place, some as late as yesterday. If registered post between here and the US wasn't $20 I'd consider starting a racket.

I don't think Splatoon triple packs are gonna stay rare honestly. I've seen a couple since launch day, and the only other wave 4 I've seen since launch are Pac-man and the individual inklings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom