• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Man some of you guys are so lucky finding stuff like Meta Knight and the one dude in AZ who found all of wave 4. I never see anything. I went to Toys R Us (2 of them), Best Buy (2), and Target today and I couldn't find anything. And I STILL haven't been able to find any of the latest World of Nintendo figures either, mainly the 6" Metroid and Ganondorf. The stores around me all stink.

I need to move.

World of Nintendo toys have always been worse than amiibos. Pretty much just toys r us carries the wider set and I've never seen the newer ones yet. Third party srllers have stupid prices on amazon. I was able to get Link and the big DK before saying fuck it.

also speaking of amiibos at E3, I'm going to be highly disappointed if Nintendo doesn't announce that the smash dlc character amiibos don't come with codes to unlock said character in game, like it makes so much sense to have it that way that I'm just going to sigh if it doesn't happen. Also, please don't make Mewtwo retail exclusive, for the love of god don't do that to Mewtwo, especially TRU.
Prepare to be super disappointed then.

sonto340

Got some more amiibos in the mail yesterday.
Here's my current collection
dPkcR1NuhoCDUkLYJzI9bAmCL4ycOz521KWODceWXY8

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
also speaking of amiibos at E3, I'm going to be highly disappointed if Nintendo doesn't announce that the smash dlc character amiibos don't come with codes to unlock said character in game, like it makes so much sense to have it that way that I'm just going to sigh if it doesn't happen. Also, please don't make Mewtwo retail exclusive, for the love of god don't do that to Mewtwo, especially TRU. As Jaw already knows, I go hard for mewtwo! >:)

Mewtwo includes a DLC unlock code.
But he's exclusive to TRU
And the code is region locked.

*laughs*

melman101

So I still haven't heard what would be an acceptable trade for a Ness. Just trying to figure out my options LOL. This could be bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure if I should ask here, but considering how many people are actually able to find Meta Knight, what would be a fair price to pay? Would anyone be kind to sell for MSRP + shipping + a small compensation for helping me out (like, $18-$20 total)?

Doesn't help after checking, the closest Best Buy near me is about 50 miles/an hour away. Not to mention none online.

I know I've mentioned him a lot, but it just bugged me that he's the last Wave 3 exclusive that I care about & I was able to get Rosalina & Shulk just fine, but for some damn reason, Meta Knight is just a pain to try & get.

I'm so happy my Shulk came in without any damages whatsoever, and the figure looks great from what I can tell. Gamestop did an excellent job of packaging it for shipment.

Not sure if I should ask here, but considering how many people are actually able to find Meta Knight, what would be a fair price to pay? Would anyone be kind to sell for MSRP + shipping + a small compensation for helping me out (like, $18-$20 total)?

Doesn't help after checking, the closest Best Buy near me is about 50 miles/an hour away. Not to mention none online.

I know I've mentioned him a lot, but it just bugged me that he's the last Wave 3 exclusive that I care about & I was able to get Rosalina & Shulk just fine, but for some damn reason, Meta Knight is just a pain to try & get.

I picked up an extra to hook someone up for cost+shipping. Lemme know if ya want it.

shadrach84

Neo Member
Went to third best buy. i give up on meta knight. if i really want him, I'll pay a scalper.

My best buy gets their amiibo shipment late fri night. When I got there when they opened on sat morning, 6 meta knights were out.

Don't know if it's the same but you could always ask when they get their shipments. My best buy has had meta knight 2 weeks in a row now but sells out by sat afternoon.

apparently they don't like Charizard in Madill, OK

IMG_1189.jpg

also picked up mine that i had ordered for store pickup...

These posts make me sad. My entire side of town is picked clean of almost every single figure, including most of the common ones.

I really wish some retailer would just make a virtual waiting list, charge your card when it ships, and make it easier than constantly checking sites. :(

Adamator

I'm really frustrated I can't find a Robin. I have a Jigglypuff to trade but no one seems interested. I do Amiibo hunts every few days but come up with nothing.

I've been watching eBay and been tempted a few times but I just really hate to give in to that.

I'm in the U.S. but I'd take one from any region since I open mine anyway.

Does anyone know where I can look? Pm me with some tips please!

Shauni

I'm really frustrated I can't find a Robin. I have a Jigglypuff to trade but no one seems interested. I do Amiibo hunts every few days but come up with nothing.

I've been watching eBay and been tempted a few times but I just really hate to give in to that.

Have you tried putting a listing up in the amiibo trading thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956791&page=14

Lots of good folks in there, you might get a bite.

jigglypuff is the new gold mario, seems like everyone bought it to trade lol, from CAG to reddit to here everyone has jiggly for trade, poor puff

mstevens

Finally got a couple from wave 4. Traded for Robin and got pac man from TRU. Need to find someone to trade me Ness ;) I have extra rares!

McBryBry

I have a spare Lucina, not really sure what to look into trading it for...

Current Collection:
Lucina
Robin
Charizard
Samus
Kirby
D3
Meta Knight
Mega Man
Sonic

Auto think that Ness is the go to, but what is Lucina really "worth"?

Fake Edit: Would Greninja be worthy? seeing an opportunity... or Marth. Gah. i hate joining the game way late.

Velcro Fly

I remember saying I'd buy Gold Mario to trade

And then it got here and I'm like nope not giving you up. As one of the eleven people on earth that liked NSMB2 I'll consider Gold Mario a cool little extra for that

Am_I_Evil

Vacation success:
IMG_1194.jpg

started in Hong Kong where i got a Japanese Captain Falcon & Villager...ordered Silver Mario, Wario & Robin on Amazon while in HK and Charizard from Walmart while in HK and had them all delivered to my family in Texas where i was headed next (Charizard was in store pickup)...I picked up Meta Knight from Best Buy in TX, got Donkey at Hastings and Samus at Gamestop...

The story with Kirby is that i got him at a Walmart in Lucas, TX...i also had a Charizard on hold but apparently they didn't actually have any and just had a Bowser on hold for me as a replacement...really? lol...so i picked up a Kirby while i was there since he is getting harder to find...

got the gun at Target and have Pac-Man, the Splatoon pack, and Jigglypuff waiting for me at home...as well as JPN Pit & Fox from YesAsia....and will have Diddy & smash Yoshi delivering tomorrow to my house on the day i return...

can you take a best buy online order into a store for a trade/return? one of my splatoon amiibos looks damaged.

also, i got it thursday via mail and opened it today. is the return period 2 weeks?

sonto340

Well I'm officially the owner of all the currently released smash amiibos.
Just waiting on a few of them to come in the mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom