• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonto340

Congrats friend!
Did you cave and pay any scalpers?
I eventually caved on rosalina. The need to have them all over came the need to do the right thing. Other than that's it's all been traded with local/Internet amiibros and lucky finds thanks to living in BFE where nobody has ever even heard of an amiibo. Hope I can get as luck with Wave 5 preorders as I did with wave 4.

Do we know if wave 5 is really just Dark Pit/Palutena or if they'll roll some others in.

Velcro Fly

I eventually caved on rosalina. The need to have them all over came the need to do the right thing. Other than that's it's all been traded with local/Internet amiibros and lucky finds thanks to living in BFE where nobody has ever even heard of an amiibo. Hope I can get as luck with Wave 5 preorders as I did with wave 4.

Do we know if wave 5 is really just Dark Pit/Palutena or if they'll roll some others in.

first part of wave 5 in NA is just those two. in JP/EU it's ZSS and Ganondorf too i think

Anime

Neo Member
So I missed most of Wave 4, and haven't really been keeping up with things....

How screwed am I?

If Nintendo keeps playing this game then very. To be honest with you,if you really want your hands on the figures and a U.S. box doesnt matter, i would keep an eye on an overseas shop such as playasia or amazon jp.Those actually get restocks.

However if you live in New York you can wait any minute now for a Nintendo World restock.

TheRook

I'm looking for the fire emblem cast of Amiibo's Lucina is first on the list, I'm trying to get them before Fire Emblem IF comes out in NA because of the Amiibo support in the My Castle mode.

If anyone can give me some clues or point me in the right direction in getting any of them(doesn't matter if they are from the UK or Japan) I'll Appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to help.

That Amazon.de preorder is very tempting.... I got real close to putting a preorder in (I think) but backed off. I will take my chances with U.S. versions.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
I believe most of the main foreign sites have gone up already. Amiami, all the Amazons, many of the UK retailers, Playasia, I think Yesasia has yet to offer wave 5, but that's about it.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
Based on the order that they sold out it looks like the order of rarity for that group is probably going to be Boswer Junior> Olimar > Dr. Mario.

Anime

Neo Member
Is 65 euros a good price for the splatoon amiibos?

I wouldnt say it is, are you buying the triple pack or indivually? I argue you could get an american triple pack for cheaper at that rate.

Also is the squid impossible to find where you live?

Samaritan

Anyone else thinking Ganon and Dr Mario might be common/uncommon? The'yre LoZ and Mario characters, and those aren't too difficult to come by.

Yeah, 20$ is what I won't go over.

Considering how we all assumed Sheik would be rare and then turned out to be pretty common, I'd be very surprised if Ganon was somehow less common than her, especially considering how plentiful Zelda ended up being.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would say Ganon would be uncommon. More common than Sheik, but not as common as Zelda herself. Hopefully, considering he's known as the main villain for the series, he shouldn't be THAT hard to find.

Dr. Mario....uncommon maybe? I mean, it's Mario, so people SHOULD know about him.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Will stores after the rush over the past two weekends ever just randomly restock or should I not even bother looking if I go to Target or Wally ect...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I'm thinking about it again via Dr. Mario mention, I'm waiting for the day for Nintendo to just make an amiibo line of nothing but Mario power-ups/suits.

Kurtofan

I wouldnt say it is, are you buying the triple pack or indivually? I argue you could get an american triple pack for cheaper at that rate.

Also is the squid impossible to find where you live?

Triple pack, I've never bought amiibos before but I want the splatoon gears etc... All the others have really high price but it's true I haven't checked amazon us, but I'd probably have to pay for shipping. these ones come from Japan, from amazon.fr.

there were only 9 remaining.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
I wouldn't say Metaknight is common. Common means that you would expect to find him in most stores that you visit. Even for Best Buys you don't see him on the shelves every time you go. For the duration of the restock you could say that he is uncommon, and he is definitely cheaper and more available. To the larger point, it is hard to tell at launch what the long term rarity will be. Diddy, Sheik, Sonic, and Toon Link were all considered uncommon - rare at one point, all ended up being common as they were continually restocked. The Splatoon three pack, Wario, and Charizard all sold out at launch, but only time will tell if there will be new ones hitting the shelves regularly or if we won't see some of them again.

For the Splatoon I think at least we will see more of the individual inklings. Knowing nintendo it is possible that the squid is intended to be a limited edition figure, but who knows, we might be drowning in three packs a month from now.

Toki767

Dr. Mario might be common (I think people have just had enough Mario amiibo in general though) but odds are he is an exclusive in the US.

Velcro Fly

I meant he might be common in the rest of the world.

if it's exclusive here the sheer amount of importers and scalpers will render it rare in the rest of the world. Look at the other exclusives here they all go for a much higher price in the rest of the world as a result.

Isotope

ewkp5UB.jpg

amiibogeddon was alright for me overall. Had to import some, but I got what I wanted in the end (Lucina not shown, as she arrives in a few weeks or later).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom