• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime

Neo Member
I work a few blocks from NWS. It doesn't help. :( People are INSANE.

Haha i held a spot for one of my working friend , he comes early and then comes back to the line.If another event comes through i might be there.Let me know if you plan to go.

How do they horn amiibo support into Mario Maker? And how mad will people be when it happens?

I'm hoping if they do it that you can scan one of the Mario characters to be able to play as them in the level or something. Would be sweet

Or you know have a Koopaling amiibo set come out with it and scanning them lets you add them in the game.

Basically just give me Koopaling stuff Nintendo come on
Easy: Each amiibo adds a new song to use in your levels.

I don't see any characters or sprites making it in or else it wouldn't be Mario Maker. Music may be pushing it too but I think its the most likely. Tho really I could see no Amiibo support as shocking as that sounds.

My monument to poor decisions is now complete.

My wallet said:
CHBVgDPUcAEf4ih.jpg
CHBVgDRUkAABRJm.jpg
CHBVgDZUAAAwg8Z.jpg

Jergingha

Neo Member
I managed to order Charizard and another Wario from Gamestop.com. My sister has two Wario Amiibo now, one to open and one to keep in display (she has a strange love for Wario), and then the Charizard is for my other sister (she mains him in Smash).

Wonder if more Amiibo will slowly be going up on Gamestop...

Still don't see Palutena up for preorder on amazon (in the US), should I just go with the guaranteed pricier foreign option instead of waiting for Palutena to sell out in 2 seconds in the US?

Still don't see Palutena up for preorder on amazon (in the US), should I just go with the guaranteed pricier foreign option instead of waiting for Palutena to sell out in 2 seconds in the US?

If you don't care about the non-US box, probably. the few extra bucks are certainly worth the piece of mind of actually getting her.

probably wont even be on amazon since it might be exclusive

i'd say go for the Japanese/Europe version , NoA is just creating a fake shortage to sell right now
or you can wait for the flood coming in the holidays ;)

mega man is rare now? D:

RootCause

probably wont even be on amazon since it might be exclusive

i'd say go for the Japanese/Europe version , NoA is just creating a fake shortage to sell right now
or you can wait for the flood coming in the holidays ;)

mega man is rare now? D:
But she's sold out everywhere at this moment. D:
Palu, and Zero are the only two I'm missing from wave 5/6. :(

HardRojo

Pac-Man, Charizard, Silver Mario, standalone Inklings and Tripack are available everywhere in Peru. I'll get Pac-Man later this week since it's the only one I'm missing from Wave 4.

//ARCANUM

My monument to poor decisions is now complete.

I saw those on eBay but have serious doubts about their quality. They basically just stick to the wall right? Do they feel sturdy? I'd be worried about the sticky part losing stickyness and it falling off...

Rocky

Banned
Interview with Disney Infinity exec producer:
http://disneyinfinitycodes.com/john-vignocchis-game-informer-podcast-interview-recap/

One interesting question from the interview:
Q: Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?

A: There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hard core fans. They don’t want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelfs well!
Shots fired?

Also interesting is he mentions that Kingdom Hearts characters could be in Disney Infinity. I would probably get those, the figures at least.

Velcro Fly

When I was at TRU with my mom shopping I showed her the Disney Infinity stuff and she was amazed at how good some of them looked. She grew up with Mickey Mouse being huge and still loves a lot of that stuff so I respect her opinion. It's been a fully stocked section with tons of different ones available whenever I've been at a store that sells them. In a year or two when amiibo support is in every game the artificial scarcity will subside after Nintendo has already made tons of money.

If KH characters come to Disney Infinity I'm probably buying them all.

sonto340

When I was at TRU with my mom shopping I showed her the Disney Infinity stuff and she was amazed at how good some of them looked. She grew up with Mickey Mouse being huge and still loves a lot of that stuff so I respect her opinion. It's been a fully stocked section with tons of different ones available whenever I've been at a store that sells them. In a year or two when amiibo support is in every game the artificial scarcity will subside after Nintendo has already made tons of money.

If KH characters come to Disney Infinity I'm probably buying them all.
I feel ole Jeff on the latest Bombcast brought up a good point. This is likely a lot of growing pains for Nintendo who's getting into a new business. Skylanders were the same way when they launched, sold out all over. But as activision got better at and more attuned to their new business things leveled out. I'd imagine within another year the whole amiibo craziness will be a thing of the past.

Or they'll be making other series of Amiibos and everything will be super fucked.

Cappa

Banned
Amazon USA doesn't do preorders or at least they never did for wave 4

zroid

Banned
I have two Inkling Girl amiibo, and I'm going to return one...

One has a great paint job but the seam at the head is imperfect and doesn't look too good. The other has a much better head seam but the paint job has some problems, like a bit of green randomly splattered where it shouldn't be.

what to do....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

You'll probably have a full 5 seconds to order her on Amazon.

ooh i forgot to say that i went to bestbuy a few days ago and no meta knight in sight, hell, none of wave 4, not even the super common one, pac man. just a bunch of marios, peaches, pikachus and like 2 kirbys.

I saw those on eBay but have serious doubts about their quality. They basically just stick to the wall right? Do they feel sturdy? I'd be worried about the sticky part losing stickyness and it falling off...

Build quality is very solid. The sticky part is just Scotch double sided thick adhesive tape. Seems to be working really well. But I recommend them, they looks awesome. I didn't get them on eBay, went through the etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PlateletCaseDesignz

Samaritan

Does Gamestop cancel a lot of orders after they're placed? Managed to snag Ness but wondering if I should even get excited.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I've never had GameStop cancel an order of mine, even for highly in-demand items like Amiibos. You're more than likely safe. :)

WTF Why does it keep getting stuck at the last step :(

Anyone else getting this -

! Oops! Oops!
We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895.

Samaritan

For those of you who weren't able to get Ness in time, I was able to snag an extra and am willing to trade, depending on what you have to offer. :)

You missed out on what 100 GameStop points or something? Hardly a loss.

Hahaha I know, but I wanted the order to stay on my account for future reference. Oh well, at least I finally got one. Jesus, as soon as the Page Monitor noticed a change, I clicked through all those menus like nothing.

omgkitty

Ugh damn work blocks Gamestops website and I was trying on my phone and Gamestop wanted me to change my password. BASTARDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom