• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I don't care about Amiibos that much and bought Ness just because I know how hard he is to get. Nintendo's whole demand problem is really appealing to my sense of collecting.

bumpkin

Is anyone still looking for a Toad? I'd sell him for cost plus shipping.

I ended up with an extra and never got around to returning it to the store.

What should I be looking at so I don't constantly miss these Amiibo going up for purchase? Is there a website, some sort of tracker? Should I be on Twitter? This thread? I feel like I've missed every single one of these.

Wait, are we expecting GameStop to put up singles of Lucina at some point since the rest are restocking? I actually kinda want her (like everyone else).

Interview with Disney Infinity exec producer:
http://disneyinfinitycodes.com/john-vignocchis-game-informer-podcast-interview-recap/

One interesting question from the interview:
Q: Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?

A: There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hard core fans. They don’t want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelfs well!
Shots fired?

Also interesting is he mentions that Kingdom Hearts characters could be in Disney Infinity. I would probably get those, the figures at least.

Myep, selling out of stock is an irresponsibly rude problem Disney Infinity wishes they had.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
I missed out on the Ness today, but I was able to get the 6 pack yesterday so I am not complaining at all. I was actually considering passing on the 6 pack and just waiting for Ness, now I'm glad that I didn't.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I know you were replying to someone else, but I'd like to know how I join the Line group myself. Always looking for more reliable ways to be notified of new Amiibos going on sale.

I would also love to be added!

I've asked to be added a few times / in various OTs with no luck...

Same here. :(

tumblr_mnwsrbSnJ81s6fca3o1_500.gif

Check your PMs!

Shun

June 4th TigerDirect changed my order from backorder to processing. Yesterday I called them and they said they were just waiting for a shipping number to send to me.

Called them again today and my order is back on backorder.

Hope is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom