• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea no i was just thinking even if Nintendo sent like 40-50 of each amiibo to each store when they launch i personally think they would still sell out just as fast the hype is just to great here in america for these things there is no way nintendo can catch up over here.

Toki767

Yea no i was just thinking even if Nintendo sent like 40-50 of each amiibo to each store when they launch i personally think they would still sell out just as fast the hype is just to great here in america for these things there is no way nintendo can catch up over here.

A TRU in my area got over 100 Greninja. Still sold out less than an hour after the store opened even with a 1 per customer limit.

Tomita

Jesus Christ, is this the new normal with exclusives now? In-store only?

That worked so well for Game Stop!

Everyone has Best Buys / Toysrus' / Game Stops close by their homes!

Everyone has all the free time in the world to wait in lines starting at midnight!!!!

;_;

I'm not upset lol but I really feel for you guys. I just wanted a few amiibo and I lurk this thread. Sorry <3 Hope some of you can still find some foreign imports

Fox Mulder

Nintendo cant save the amiibo market over here at this point the hype and demand just cant be filled all we can do is wait it till the hype train dies down and normalizes like skylanders did.

They'll brag about meeting demand as people really just stop giving a shit or go import from elsewhere.

I can understand failing to meet demand on day one, but why isnt there a constant flow to restock. Who cares if TRU gets 100 of their exclusive on release day if they never get any in again after selling out immediately.

zulux21

They'll brag about meeting demand as people really just stop giving a shit or go import from elsewhere.

I can understand failing to meet demand on day one, but why isnt there a constant flow to restock. Who cares if TRU gets 100 of their exclusive on release day if they never get any in again after selling out immediately.

I more don't get why they can't just open up a website.
announce a wave's preorder is coming and a few days later put it up
have preorders up for two weeks and then close them for good.

figure out how long it would take to make preorder figures and a small wave for stores and then announce a release date for the wave.

after production for that wave is done, then announce the next wave preorder.

it would allow everyone who wants a given figure to get it and there would still be a reseller market due to people who miss out but it will be their own fault for missing out.

I just repeatedly come back to nintendo loves artificial demand, and anyone that wants any of these is programed to order preorders without thinking at this point. that's why they don't do it.

Activision had to do the same thing with skylanders series 1 the only way they meet demand was after all figures where out and people didnt buy them anymore. My guess on the restock issue is because of the way the production schedule for these things work i wouldnt be surprised if the only reason we are getting restocks right now is cause there is only 2 amiibo coming out till September and they had time to re-run production of some older figures.

Launching with a 50+ character series while adding several other series during the rollout is still the dumbest idea ever. Amiibo year 1 will have had like what, 75 characters total? Give or take? And that's not including the cards. Absolutely ridiculous.

-Horizon-

Nintendo cant save the amiibo market over here at this point the hype and demand just cant be filled all we can do is wait it till the hype train dies down and normalizes like skylanders did.

Doesn't skylanders still get a bit crazy when rare ones come out or something?

Doesn't skylanders still get a bit crazy when rare ones come out or something?

yea but its not nearly as bad as it was back in series 1 and part of series 2 those were a nightmare. Store shelves used to look like this during series 1 hype

IMAG1391.jpg

and stores where like that for atleast 2 months it was bad especially for those that worked in retail and got hundreds of calls a day asking about them.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
yea but its not nearly as bad as it was back in series 1 and part of series 2 those were a nightmare. Store shelves used to look like this during series 1 hype

and stores where like that for atleast 2 months it was bad especially for those that worked in retail and got hundreds of calls a day asking about them.

Wow that's pretty bad. They were popular when I worked at Gamestop, but they were never totally sold out, with always a few in store. I would only really get phone calls about specific ones that were rare ones of the batch. Unlike Amiibo, even series 1 would get some pretty good restocks.

Velcro Fly

I feel like the one night I don't stay up till 2am is going to be the night Wave 5B goes up on Amazon JP >.>

i've been staying up super late the past month since i don't have to work. i check there, here, and r/amiibo at least once every 30-45 minutes to see if they are up. the thirst is insatiable.

I hate seeing the amiibo reddit because every time I do it's always the same thing, missing out on a character cause I was doing something else.

Thanks for the link got one for my friend that's been trying to get mine for the longest time xD

Yeah that Mobile check out was a pain prolly why it was available for so long

willizle02

Neo Member
I just got finished paying bills, so I couldn't afford her after all... I was $2 short. ;A;

Edit:
It's ok though, I was just buying it for a friend. Kinda sucks she won't be able to get it now tho...

Thoraxes

Between me snagging ZSS, Palutena, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit on amazon.de and finally a N.A. Wii Fit Trainer, this day has single-handedly been one of my most productive amiibo days.

sphinx

the piano man
those of you importing from UK/EU, what makes you prefer online sites in EU instead of the many japanese 3rd party sellers in the US amazon site?

Rootbeer

Banned
Got palutena and ganon on amazon.de this morning. dark pit was flickering but wasn't able to get one, would have given me an extra since I have one coming from amazon.

LiK

those of you importing from UK/EU, what makes you prefer online sites in EU instead of the many japanese 3rd party sellers in the US amazon site?

Prices are lower and shipping is faster.

If you check most shipping times from resellers in Japan, they use the cheapest method which takes like a whole month. If they use Prime, it's usually like $30+ per amiibo.

sphinx

the piano man
Prices are lower and shipping is faster.

If you check most shipping times from resellers in Japan, they use the cheapest method which takes like a whole month. If they use Prime, it's usually like $30+ per amiibo.

oh well thanks for explaining.

now regarding buying itself, how do you guys manage to get the rare amiibos from amazon.de? most of the time they aren't even available to pre-order or buy from amazon itself

third party sellers offer ok prices,but shipping makes the whole thing too expensive again,

do you guys lurk the site constantly to catch the random amiibo from amazon itself?

Jergingha

Neo Member
It's been about a month since the last time I bought an Amiibo.

Feels good, feels good.

I occasionally get urges, but I stop myself. I just gotta.

LiK

oh well thanks for explaining.

now regarding buying itself, how do you guys manage to get the rare amiibos from amazon.de? most of the time they aren't even available to pre-order or buy from amazon itself

third party sellers offer ok prices,but shipping makes the whole thing too expensive again,

do you guys lurk the site constantly to catch the random amiibo from amazon itself?

I mainly check this thread or Twitter. Sometimes guys like Diggeh will post when something is up on Amazon in EU in here. That helps.

You can also join their LINE group for alerts but I don't bother with that.

Got lucky and was able to import Dark Pit, Palutena, Ganondorf, and ZSS between Amazon.de and Amazon.it.

That said, I don't see Dr. Mario, Olimar, or Bowser Jr. as having gone up anywhere, including Europe. Any word on these?

Boogiepop

Welp, that Best Buy news was a killer for me. Have work that day and I'm already taking off the week before. Decided to import from Japanese sellers on Amazon before that went to hell too much. Ended up being about 2 for the price 3, which is sadly "good" nowadays.

Here's hoping that September is better than this. I'd love to be able to reasonably preorder online again, ala pre-wave 4. :/

If anyone missed getting a WFT when shes been up, I've got one on the way.

I'm still desperately searching for a Lucina, so would love to do a trade here instead of trying on reddit. Or if you'd rather have a Jigglypuff I've got that up for trade as well.

PM me if interested!

Dimentios

Dr. Mario is here and there online on Amazon.de. He will be common. Olimar was available for preorder as well. All those three were already on co.uk, but Bowser Jr. NOT on Amazon.de.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom