• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSRP for these things makes them expensive as hell, but thinking of paying $10 more for them hurts deep in my soul and imagining paying even more hurts me in so many places.

True haha, but I doubt we'll see barely any Palutena, and I'd rather pay $22 for her now than $55 for her later, yeah?

Like I don't want Palutena but I just paid $25 for WFT, and I'd pay $20 for Olimar or Doc Mario if I can't get them otherwise.

Jawmuncher

Heh, I always click on those Amazon links out of curiosity if they are ever still up. They never are. Although I was shocked to see Pit up on GS.com for so long yesterday!

Sometimes it works out. When the amiibos came back in stock on Amazon UK, I clicked on the links and saw they were back in stock before it caught wind.

Thoraxes

Thank you amiibo gods for these gifts. First I get Dr. and Olimar preorders in June, now ZSS, Palutena, Dark Pit, and Ganondorf today.

All I need is Bowser Jr. and i'm set till the rest of the Sept. wave preorders go up.

fuckyeahc6sc6.png

kirby_fox

Banned
True haha, but I doubt we'll see barely any Palutena, and I'd rather pay $22 for her now than $55 for her later, yeah?

Like I don't want Palutena but I just paid $25 for WFT, and I'd pay $20 for Olimar or Doc Mario if I can't get them otherwise.

That's what hurts so much. It's not a "If you wait long enough you can get it for MSRP" it's more of a "If you keep waiting, you're probably going to keep progressively paying even more"

Thank you amiibo gods for these gifts. First I get Dr. and Olimar preorders in June, now ZSS, Palutena, Dark Pit, and Ganondorf today.

All I need is Bowser Jr. and i'm set till the rest of the Sept. wave preorders go up.

fuckyeahc6sc6.png

Where did you find Dr. Mario and Olimar?

LiK

All I want is a Marth reprint for the better face. I refuse to buy from Play-Asia tho. Shipping prices are outrageous.

GAMERG0D

If we're lucky they'll put a couple hundred online on release for 10 minutes
at 3 am

Just going to import instead, might do it for Palutena too.

weevles

Damn, well there goes my chance at getting a Dark Pit. I wonder if Palutena will be the same. I need a Zero Suit Samus. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They're going to start splitting up Amiibo and making different pieces available for purchase separately. ZSS's buttcheeks will be Gamestop exclusive. No preorders. Payment can only be made in gold or precious gems.

There going to start splitting up Amiibo and making different pieces available for purchase separately. ZSS's buttcheeks will be Gamestop exclusive. No preorders. Payment can only be made in gold or precious gems.

Even worse: Bikini Suit Samus GS exclusive no preorders first born child payment only

shanafan

Oh well, Dark Pit is one that I probably will not have. Camping out at Best Buy for a $13 item just isn't worth my time and energy.

If each best buy has like 20-30 dark pits I'll be happy with that since that's what target x toys r us had for their exclusive

I bet Nintendo of america is kicking themselves for not having exclusives since wave 3

Smh NoA is such a drag

If the store's have a stock amount like TRU had, then it might soften the blow. My local BB did have about 20 Metaknights during the restock a few weeks ago.

But I do wish I took the chance to preorder Dark Pit when I had a chance on Amazon UK

Magwik

Banned
Anyone have any experience with unfulfilled orders from MiJ? I'm guessing I'm never getting the Charizard or Ness I preordered forever ago :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh.......you can still get Dark Pit online, right? The wording made it sound like he's in-store only.

sabanoo

So uh.......you can still get Dark Pit online, right? The wording made it sound like he's in-store only.

It states it pretty explicitly that you can't:
"...he can only be found at your local Best Buy store. You can’t pre-order this exclusive amiibo."

ZeroCDR

Hopefully we'll get a look at inventory levels, they better have Greninja sized numbers. No way I'm camping, especially if Palutena is exclusive somewhere else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It states it pretty explicitly that you can't:
"...he can only be found at your local Best Buy store. You can’t pre-order this exclusive amiibo."
*sigh* Figures. At least Target is in my town (even if it's on the other side) & based on my experience of buying Jigglypuff, the whole situation was handled perfectly with customers behaving and decent amount of employees at hand with more than enough for everyone that waited.

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
Welp now to start thinking about if I want to bite the bullet on some of these Japanese versions on Amazon. On another note, I am quickly running out of space with all these things coming out so fast. Can anyone recommend a good display unit or way of displaying them? thanks in advance friends :)

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
High five to past self for preordering from amazon.co.uk! Fuck waiting in line for 6 hours and missing work. Nooooooo thank you!.........might still try though lol

Dad

So I took my Ike Amiibo out of his package for the first time and he seems to, um, be leaking some sort of liquid. Is this a new Amiibo feature?

I'm still too happy that I got a Pit yesterday during that GameStop online restock to be too mad about Dark Pit. A little mad but not too mad. Olimar though.. I will do terrible things for Olimar's amiibo. I really don't want to miss out on that one, guys.

Holy crap, the US is getting the Woolly World + amiibo bundle!

Gonna see when I can pre-order at GameStop considering by the time Oct. comes, I'll have another $25 gift coupon I can use.
I want that game and I want that amiibo so I'll be getting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom