• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Banned
If anyone missed getting a WFT when shes been up, I've got one on the way.

I'm still desperately searching for a Lucina, so would love to do a trade here instead of trying on reddit. Or if you'd rather have a Jigglypuff I've got that up for trade as well.

PM me if interested!

I've done two trades on Reddit and both had gone flawlessly. A good tip is to try to trade with people that have little numbers by their name. That means they've completed trades before in good faith.

We just visited a Post E3 event in London, there were a few Amiibos

QmJc9jV.jpg

There's some close ups on my Imgur page

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thanks for posting, Jonneh.

That Game & Watch ringing the bell will permanently be affixed to my Amiibo base. Best taunt in Smash Bros.

BTW, can anyone else not stop seeing Diggeh as that Mii Brawler Amiibo?

I've done two trades on Reddit and both had gone flawlessly. A good tip is to try to trade with people that have little numbers by their name. That means they've completed trades before in good faith.

Awesome thanks for the tip! I figured I'd just try to give NeoGAF first dibs.

Aku-Audi

Does anyone know of where you can get a reasonably priced King Dedede online? Doesn't matter what region, I just wanna get my hands on him.

Velcro Fly

My Ness could get here tomorrow but likely going to be Monday.

My Dark Pit/ZSS just shipped so probably middle of next week they will be here.

Now bring on 5B preorders already so I can peace out of this game until September.

Imported Dark Pit this morning for $21. No fucking way am I going up against hundreds of people at my local BB (which is the only one in a 50 mile radius, btw) to get him on the 31st.

Will likely do the same with Palutena when her inevitable retailer exclusive bullshit info releases.

Prices are lower and shipping is faster.

If you check most shipping times from resellers in Japan, they use the cheapest method which takes like a whole month. If they use Prime, it's usually like $30+ per amiibo.

I agree with you on the shipping, but I've had much better luck importing from Japan on Amazon than Europe price-wise. Usually I can get Amiibo for $19-21 from Japan on Amazon. I just tried to order Ganondorf on Amazon.de and he came to $30 with shipping so I said no thank you.

As for the shipping I'm usually willing to wait, especially if it is a store exclusive. My local Target is my go-to for amiibogeddons because they're usually very organized and get a good amount of stock.

LiK

I agree with you on the shipping, but I've had much better luck importing from Japan on Amazon than Europe price-wise. Usually I can get Amiibo for $19-21 from Japan on Amazon. I just tried to order Ganondorf on Amazon.de and he came to $30 with shipping so I said no thank you.

As for the shipping I'm usually willing to wait, especially if it is a store exclusive. My local Target is my go-to for amiibogeddons because they're usually very organized and get a good amount of stock.

I'm on East Coast and shipping prices from EU tend to be cheaper from them. Are you on West coast? Must be cheaper from Japan if you're located there.

sphinx

the piano man
I'm just one of those people who didn't know which orders would get shipped and which orders would be cancelled.

dude, you paid money for 4 Lucinas.

four identical Lucinas,.... let that sink in for a moment.

congrats! hehe

Out of curiosity to those who have seen the Amiibo cards in person, can you tell what material they're made out of? Im worried if they're more paper/card stock that they could get bent up and ruined, especially during travel. If they're plastic based more like a credit card, that'd be awesome.

Spotted a Pikachu and Toon Link amiibo in Gamestop's used section today and picked them both up plus a Skylander for the 3 = 50% off of each one deal they have going on. Made them $6 a piece, so that was pretty neat. Im gonna customize Pikachu, maybe Toon Link too.

Actually G&W looks like it will be one of the simplest amiibo to make. Just an interchangeable piece of plastic. They should be able to make tons of them quite quickly.
I really want that to be the case but with how much of a rollercoaster amiibos have been, I can't help but feel hesitant. I like to think you're right though.

Out of curiosity to those who have seen the Amiibo cards in person, can you tell what material they're made out of? Im worried if they're more paper/card stock that they could get bent up and ruined, especially during travel. If they're plastic based more like a credit card, that'd be awesome.

Spotted a Pikachu and Toon Link amiibo in Gamestop's used section today and picked them both up plus a Skylander for the 3 = 50% off of each one deal they have going on. Made them $6 a piece, so that was pretty neat. Im gonna customize Pikachu, maybe Toon Link too.

They were behind glass so it's hard to tell, they seem like just regular cards tbh

I'm on East Coast and shipping prices from EU tend to be cheaper from them. Are you on West coast? Must be cheaper from Japan if you're located there.

I am east coast, actually. Perhaps when I check I'm going through resellers and not direct from Nintendo. However I find that to be much less convenient and again I'm rushing much like in the stores which I try to avoid.

1up

Why is DeDeDe so expensive? Its crazy! I hope I can trade for him but I might need to trade up even with someone like Pit.

Am_I_Evil

They shipped my Robin, but canceled my Ness =/

I also just had my Ness canceled....but my Fox, Pit, Rosalina & Meta Knight have all recently shipped....i still have an open order for Dedede...

Going to try trading for Ness first before importing (though the price at j-subculture isn't so bad)

Just bit the bullet and bought one from amazon. About $24. Not bad.

Also grabbed a Palutena for about $20. Not ideal but considering how messed up Wave 5 is I'll take the risk. Wave 6 is going to be a frigging nightmare though.

Toki767

Just bit the bullet and bought one from amazon. About $24. Not bad.

Also grabbed a Palutena for about $20. Not ideal but considering how messed up Wave 5 is I'll take the risk. Wave 6 is going to be a frigging nightmare though.
Wouldn't feel bad about $20. That's basically the price of an amiibo + tax + shipping.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
for the folks who imported yarn yoshi, how much was it?

Imported from Amazon Italy. My Blue/Green order was $50.76 and my separate Pink was $19.02 ($33.70 alone but had the shipping cost waived since the orders didn't combine), making the total $69.78. $23.26 each.

Not bad considering MSRP will most likely be $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom