• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

willizle02

Neo Member
The more I look at September, the more I think they might do a 3 pack like Splatoon for some of these.

ROB, G&W and Duck Hunt & the 3 Miis would make perfect sense to do 3 packs for.

Maybe the miis, but the other ones I'd rather get in individual boxes. Also, if they did the 3 packs, we'd run out even quicker since that would be the only way of getting any of them.

The more I look at September, the more I think they might do a 3 pack like Splatoon for some of these.

ROB, G&W and Duck Hunt & the 3 Miis would make perfect sense to do 3 packs for.

i could see the mii's ina 3 pack but i doubt those 3 will one of them is bound to be a fricken exclusive to somewhere >.<

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mii Fighters feel like a 3-pack could happen. But otherwise, I sadly don't see many other 3-packs happening for the SSB line despite some characters working (Kid Icarus could have Pit, Dark Pit, & Palutena).

So rumor mill incoming. Take this with the grain of salt Nintendo provides you on a weekly basis.

According to this reddit thread Bowser Jr. and only Bowser Jr, showed up in the TRU system which leads the employee the OP was talking to believe that he will be TRU's exclusive. He also stated the following will be exclusive in the coming waves:

Dark Pit = Best Buy (Confirmed in America and likely the same case for Canada)
Palutena = Target (Will be either not exclusive or exclusive to another retailer in Canada)
Dr. Mario = Gamestop
Bowser JR = ToysRUs
Blue Wool Yoshi = Walmart

Again, all the grains of salt must be taken with this. I thought I'd share this here if it hasn't already.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I kept joking about a Wool Yoshi color being retail exclusive (red at Target, blue at Best Buy, etc.) but I didn't expect them to actually do it....

So rumor mill incoming. Take this with the grain of salt Nintendo provides you on a weekly basis.

According to this reddit thread Bowser Jr. and only Bowser Jr, showed up in the TRU system which leads the employee the OP was talking to believe that he will be TRU's exclusive. He also stated the following will be exclusive in the coming waves:

Palutena = Target (Will be either not exclusive or exclusive to another retailer in Canada)
Dr. Mario = Gamestop
Bowser JR = ToysRUs

Again, all the grains of salt must be taken with this. I thought I'd share this here if it hasn't already.

all of those i have import pre-orders for screw this exclusive bull shit

IF that is true, then ugh.

Dark Pit - Something tells me his situation at BB might not be too bad. I like to think there will be a decent amount of him and most people will get one that day.
Palutena - Ugh. I've had ZERO luck with Target's exclusives this far and is she is one too then I'll probably have the same result. Super bummer if true.
Dr. Mario - I don't care for him honestly but given GameStop's history with exclusives and amiibos in general, I'd rather not even have one than go through that.
Boweser Jr. - Toss up. If he ends up like Greninja then I should be good.
Blue Wool Yoshi - I only wanted the green one for myself but I would like to get the blue one for my brother's birthday since he loves Yoshi but has no idea about these since he doesn't pay attention to amiibos. I would be pretty disappointed here.

Damn, maybe I should finally break and just import.

Velcro Fly

I'd be more worried about Olimar being exclusive somewhere honestly. I feel like he's definitely going to be hard to come by in NA. I can't imagine a world where a non special edition Mario is rare at all. Even Silver Mario is super common nowadays.

Shauni

The retailer exclusive sucks, I agree, but it's just the reality of American toy industry. Take a quick peep at eBay, search Funko Pop exclusives, and prepared to be utterly amazed at the amount of exclusives, and for the most obscure ass places, too (there are several Spider-Man ones exclusive to, no shit, Walgreens).

BUT Falco is apparently "Holiday 2015"! Is that new or do I just fail at life?

It's not official, yet, but it's looking like Star Fox Zero will probably be their November title (which is a horrible, horrible placement for it), so I assume Falco will probably release aside it, maybe a bundle, too.

I swear if they come out with Pokemon or more Zelda Amiibo I will go out of my mind. Oh the rush.

I'm sure Zelda will get a small wave when Zelda U comes out. I expect at least amiibos for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Dr. Mario = Gamestop
Bowser JR = ToysRUs

Are you saying the Bowser Jr. should be taken with a grain of salt, or that all of these should, or are the other ones official. I feel like I've missed a lot of the recent news.

Are you saying the Bowser Jr. should be taken with a grain of salt, or that all of these should, or are the other ones official. I feel like I've missed a lot of the recent news.

All of them, with the exception of Dark Pit which is already confirmed to be a Best Buy exclusive, are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Shauni

Wait, so was it confirmed that ROB, Game and Watch, The Mii Fighters, and Duck Hunt were in Wave 6? I thought they shown as their own separate wave in Directs? That's an insanely crowded Wave.

All of them, with the exception of Dark Pit which is already confirmed to be a Best Buy exclusive, are to be taken with a grain of salt.

I see, thanks

Piscus

Wait, so was it confirmed that ROB, Game and Watch, The Mii Fighters, and Duck Hunt were in Wave 6? I thought they shown as their own separate wave in Directs? That's an insanely crowded Wave.
smash-bros-amiibo.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

q4z3SpU.png

A snip of a quote of a snip.

We must go deeper.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Guessing those Mii Fighters are going to be hard as hell to get unless they offer them as a 3-pack.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You'd think Mii Fighters would be common because it's literally the default designs, but customizers are going to be buying those darn things in bulk. I won't be surprised when someone sets up an Etsy shop to make your Mii!

Diggehmiibo will happen one way or another.

Shauni

Yeah, I saw when Diggeh posted that, and that's what prompted me to ask. I guess I should have quoted that or something, because that was the first I heard that all of those figures were going to be part of the same wave.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I was thinking the way they grouped them together kind of implies that they'll be given in some 3-pack.

Well, if they aren't, I would expect some seriously low stock numbers. I have the feeling that Nintendo is probably going to go in expecting that most people will only buy one of the Mii amibos (if any) so they'll supremely underestimate the number of completionists that would want the whole set.

Peagles

My preorders for the Mii Fighters are all separate as per usual, but that doesn't mean a 3 pack can't be announced later I guess.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I saw when Diggeh posted that, and that's what prompted me to ask. I guess I should have quoted that or something, because that was the first I heard that all of those figures were going to be part of the same wave.

No problem! I can hardly believe it myself. Waaaay too many figures!

My preorders for the Mii Fighters are all separate as per usual, but that doesn't mean a 3 pack can't be announced later I guess.

Peagles pls bring us all they new amiibo

kirby_fox

Banned
At this point I just want to be done with all this collecting.

In good news though, I've seen restocks of Toad at a few places I've been to and I've not seen Toad in forever. I'm guessing we'll slowly see restocks this month in a lot of places for a lot of characters.

Anyone hear about the Gamestop restocks for Ness and Dedede? I really want Dedede and really dont want to pay current Amazon prices.

Yeah. GS recently shipped the D3 I preordered way back. No idea if they have enough for new orders. Probably not. Thanks, NOA. :/

I don't know if I can do this anymore with the exclusives in NA. Really sucks as I am pot committed pretty much, having all Smash line in U.S. packaging so far. This is just anxiety. Is it too late to start importing?

Thoraxes

IF that is true, then ugh.

Dark Pit - Something tells me his situation at BB might not be too bad. I like to think there will be a decent amount of him and most people will get one that day.
Palutena - Ugh. I've had ZERO luck with Target's exclusives this far and is she is one too then I'll probably have the same result. Super bummer if true.
Dr. Mario - I don't care for him honestly but given GameStop's history with exclusives and amiibos in general, I'd rather not even have one than go through that.
Boweser Jr. - Toss up. If he ends up like Greninja then I should be good.
Blue Wool Yoshi - I only wanted the green one for myself but I would like to get the blue one for my brother's birthday since he loves Yoshi but has no idea about these since he doesn't pay attention to amiibos. I would be pretty disappointed here.

Damn, maybe I should finally break and just import.

If that's real, I pretty much dodged a bullet because I have all of those on the way from Amazon Germany, minus Bowser Jr.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Dr. Mario = Gamestop
Bowser JR = ToysRUs

Better not be... I still don't get the "shelving space" theory since stores never have any stock anyways. Just ugh, stop ittttt!!!

Jawmuncher

Every wave just gets worse and worse. Lol at GameStop being stuck with Dr Mario as a exclusive though if true. Who thought that was a good idea?
Though I suppose that will make things easier for some.

pa22word

Hey Amiibo-Gaf, just wondering if it was kosher to ask in this thread for people potentially wanting to sell an Amiibo to another gaffer. Checked the OP and didn't see anything about sales between members, but I still thought I'd ask before posting just to make sure I wasn't ruffling any feathers by posting a request here. Not looking for anything super rare or anything, but I live in the middle of nowhere so online shopping is my only recourse for finding any of them without going on a road trip, and I'd much rather grease the pockets of a fellow gaffer than some scalper on ebay/3rd party scalper on amazon any day of the week ;)

I'd be more worried about Olimar being exclusive somewhere honestly. I feel like he's definitely going to be hard to come by in NA. I can't imagine a world where a non special edition Mario is rare at all. Even Silver Mario is super common nowadays.
I really, really hope not. I am NOT missing out on my main.

Hey Amiibo-Gaf, just wondering if it was kosher to ask in this thread for people potentially wanting to sell an Amiibo to another gaffer. Checked the OP and didn't see anything about sales between members, but I still thought I'd ask before posting just to make sure I wasn't ruffling any feathers by posting a request here. Not looking for anything super rare or anything, but I live in the middle of nowhere so online shopping is my only recourse for finding any of them without going on a road trip, and I'd much rather grease the pockets of a fellow gaffer than some scalper on ebay/3rd party scalper on amazon any day of the week ;)
If you're wanting to buy amiibos here, it's perfectly fine to make a post saying which ones you're willing to pay for and if anyone could PM you about them. Or just wait around for anyone to post an offer.

pa22word

If you're wanting to buy amiibos here, it's perfectly fine to make a post saying which ones you're willing to pay for and if anyone could PM you about them. Or just wait around for anyone to post an offer.

Okay, sweet. I pm'd someone in the trading thread about what I want, but it wouldn't hurt to post it here too I guess!

---

I'm just looking to buy a Toad amiibo for Captain Toad purposes. Hit me up with a PM if you're wanting to sell one!

kirby_fox

Banned
Okay, sweet. I pm'd someone in the trading thread about what I want, but it wouldn't hurt to post it here too I guess!

---

I'm just looking to buy a Toad amiibo for Captain Toad purposes. Hit me up with a PM if you're wanting to sell one!

Check your local Best Buy (and if you have Meijer near you). I've seen Toad restocked recently in both places.

pa22word

Check your local Best Buy (and if you have Meijer near you). I've seen Toad restocked recently in both places.

Nearest best buy is quite a ways away from where I am atm (~45 miles), and due to medical issues I'm going through at the moment I can't drive out there even if I wanted to.

Online is really the only way I can go, and while I can just use the best buy site I thought I'd shop around a bit and ask on here to see what my best options are. Also, it's good to get used to traveling in these circles if Nintendo starts shoehorning usage of these things into everything, because I'm a total sucker for stuff like the pixel hunt challenge in Captain Toad >.>

---

I actually just saw one earlier today at Best Buy. Was kind of surprised. Then I heard they're popping up every where.

Do you have one close? I saw you said you live in the middle of nowhere.

If not, I can check tomorrow for it.

Edit : just read your above post. Sorry to hear about your situation. Like I said, I can try to pick it up tomorrow and ship it to you. Or maybe Bestbuy. Com?

bumpkin

Nearest best buy is quite a ways away from where I am atm (~45 miles), and due to medical issues I'm going through at the moment I can't drive out there even if I wanted to.

Online is really the only way I can go, and while I can just use the best buy site I thought I'd shop around a bit and ask on here to see what my best options are. Also, it's good to get used to traveling in these circles if Nintendo starts shoehorning usage of these things into everything, because I'm a total sucker for stuff like the pixel hunt challenge in Captain Toad >.>
I have an extra NIB Toad that I'd let go for what I paid ($13) plus shipping. I'm in the states.

willizle02

Neo Member

Diggity-dang, I missed out on Rosalina. At least I got Lucario for msrp, so it wasn't too terrible a loss. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom