• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Diggity-dang, I missed out on Rosalina. At least I got Lucario for msrp, so it wasn't too terrible a loss. Thanks for the heads up!

You are welcome. They also restocked Dark Pit, ZSS and some others... but I missed out on those :(

I actually didn't buy any today because the only ones in stock are ones I already had. Don't have room in my budget right now to buy extras.

willizle02

Neo Member
You are welcome. They also restocked Dark Pit, ZSS and some others... but I missed out on those :(

I actually didn't buy any today because the only ones in stock are ones I already had. Don't have room in my budget right now to buy extras.

I'm lucky enough to already have all the wave 5a's, so I wasn't too bummed. But the only ones I needed were lucario and rosalina cuz stupid yesasia canceled on me...

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, I broke my own rule about not importing and picked up Pitoo and Lady Palutena... just not worth the (self imposed) stress trying to find them right now.

Velcro Fly

Time to go to the post office and finally pick up my Play-Asia Ness

Also Dark Pit and ZSS should get here either today or tomorrow.

Will have the complete smash set so far for the first time since Wave 2 sometime this week.

kirby_fox

Banned
...I think I must have had a dream last night about amiibo, because I had a weird feeling we would see huge stocks of all the hard to find characters in the US soon coming in with huge stocks of Dark Pit and Palutena.

I honestly saw just a ton of Rosalina sitting on shelves in Targets, limiting 1 per customer, and no one being disappointed. The stock kept coming. The secondary market was killed and those who sold them wept.

If only this dream was a premonition of things to come.

Toki767

...I think I must have had a dream last night about amiibo, because I had a weird feeling we would see huge stocks of all the hard to find characters in the US soon coming in with huge stocks of Dark Pit and Palutena.

I honestly saw just a ton of Rosalina sitting on shelves in Targets, limiting 1 per customer, and no one being disappointed. The stock kept coming. The secondary market was killed and those who sold them wept.

If only this dream was a premonition of things to come.

I actually did go to Target last night and looked at their amiibo section which I haven't checked out in a while and umm...well...I guess this is why there hasn't been another Diddy Kong Racing gaming.
CJM7ZjJUAAIDBW3.jpg

I find it disheartening that I haven't even seen restocks of commons in the US lately. The stores are basically always the same exact few Marios, Zeldas and Pikachus every time I check them. It's been like that for months, with only the release of wave 4 changing up a bit, if only for a little while. The situation is pretty much back to what it was now though.

I actually did go to Target last night and looked at their amiibo section which I haven't checked out in a while and umm...well...I guess this is why there hasn't been another Diddy Kong Racing gaming.
It's funny. Two things stuck out to me from that pic. One was the tipped over DK on the basedeck. Like someone WAS going to get him, said no, and couldn't be bothered to put him back up on a peg. The other was the OCD habit of wire management from working at Best Buy for four years on the Project Team building those displays. The trauma runs deep.

kirby_fox

Banned
I find it disheartening that I haven't even seen restocks of commons in the US lately. The stores are basically always the same exact few Marios, Zeldas and Pikachus every time I check them. It's been like that for months, with only the release of wave 4 changing up a bit, if only for a little while. The situation is pretty much back to what it was now though.

I've seen restocks recently. Huge restocks of a bunch of commons-- saw Sheik, Toon Link, Super Mario Mario, Yoshi and Toad along with some others. Nothing that was like Marth rare.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen one for Splatoon since that launched...nor have I seen Charizard or Pacman around here.

Months ago I was at a Meijer and they had nothing on the shelves but wave 1 commons and on an end cap there was a bunch of marked down Diddy and DK. I could only feel bad for anyone who had bought Diddy online for a marked up price because they couldn't find him anywhere.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Lol I have never seen a picture of ONLY Diddy left! I mean, it's more sad when you go to places like Walmart and they literally only have 2-3 pegs PERIOD for Amiibos. Skylanders still get like an entire aisle though.

Velcro Fly

My local walmart for months has had

1 Zelda
1 Mario
1 Pikachu

They even moved the store from one location to a new building and those same 3 amiibo made the move. It used to be a huge empty section but now it's like two pegs.

I feel like Walmart wants a certain amount of stock and that Nintendo can't give it to them so they just don't take any.

Velcro Fly

Yep the USPS has no idea where my package is

So either it's on a different mail truck to be delivered later or someone there knew what it was and stole it.

Good times trying to get a Ness amiibo guys.

Yep the USPS has no idea where my package is

So either it's on a different mail truck to be delivered later or someone there knew what it was and stole it.

Good times trying to get a Ness amiibo guys.

Sometimes parcels do come on a different truck later in the day. At least from my own experience with USPS.

Velcro Fly

Sometimes parcels do come on a different truck later in the day. At least from my own experience with USPS.

I hope. Already got my regular mail for the day.

I'm so fucking mad right now. The only reason this is happening is my doorbell is busted. I've seriously been on people to fix it for years. My regular mail carrier knows it is busted and would have knocked like she did today with my other stuff. Other mail carrier didn't know and rang the broken doorbell.

Fox Mulder

I still love Diddy.

I've been lucky with commons. DK, Diddy, and Bowser are some of my favorites. Fox and Samus were on shelves too, unlike most of a wave that releases now.

I just got Pit in the mail today and he might be my favorite. He's so detailed and well done. I think my other favorites are Samus, Wario, Bowser (mostly due to his textures), King DeDeDe, and Ike.

Velcro Fly

USPS found my Ness

He looks so good

I have six to open today. Ness, Rosalina, and Wave 5A.

Thinking about replaying Kid Icarus: Uprising now that I have those three secured.

willizle02

Neo Member

Considering how much I absolutely hate Diddy, this picture disgusts me to heck.

Velcro Fly

Seems like the FE amiibos are getting good functionality for Fates. Of course the best amiibo stuff is always the rare as fuck FE amiibo.

Welp, lack of preorderability and exclusivity for Dark Pit has seen me importing my very first pair of amiibo. I'm not gonna stand in some store line at fuck o'clock to get the next wave. The end of the Smash line is in sight (other than the DLC characters). No way I'm going to miss a figure during the end game.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, lack of preorderability and exclusivity for Dark Pit has seen me importing my very first pair of amiibo. I'm not gonna stand in some store line at fuck o'clock to get the next wave. The end of the Smash line is in sight (other than the DLC characters). No way I'm going to miss a figure during the end game.

Welcome to the winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom