• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You'd need a forwarding service.

Also fuck I told myself I did not want those and now that they are all three sitting there at MSRP I'm finding it hard to resist.

TxfKJjJ.gif

Rocky

Banned
You'd need a forwarding service.

Also fuck I told myself I did not want those and now that they are all three sitting there at MSRP I'm finding it hard to resist.

Only for Amazon JP though. Other places like Playasia and Yesasia ship to US without a forwarding service. amiami too.

Welp, several irresponsible purchasing decisions later and this is where I'm at.

I feel bad, but these are the only ones I really want. Once I pick up Olimar and Doc I should be done. Oh and Ryu I guess, but who knows how long that'll take.

Lucario is floating btw, maybe he is a mewtwo clone after all.

Where did you get that Elsa poster? The art is beautiful!

Thanks and I got it from Alice X. Zhang at AX. I believe she sells the print on her webstore, as well as at various cons she's attending. Print will be going to my goddaughter.

That Lucas thing is adorable

And thanks as well. Lucas charm was from tumblr artist blue (hoursago.tumblr.com) and she has done charms for everyone in Smash 4 (though I haven't seen Ryu yet). Her current webstore is closed until August but you can get them there or at cons she's attending as well.

Any word on where Palutena is exclusive at in North America? I'm starting to wonder if she'll be some super rare "only available at this event" sort of thing. Why the fuck isn't Nintendo saying anything?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Target tends to get females, Toys R Us has gotten Pokemon, Best Buy has gotten...I don't know, the anti-hero(?), & GS gets....I guess "smaller but more vocal" fanbase characters?

Got a call from my local GS about picking up my preordered DeDeDe. They had 2 Ness on the shelves so I nabbed an extra for myself as well.

I'm very lucky, I suppose. Good luck to the rest of you out there.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Might be old, but I thought it was kinda interesting ... Silicon Era posted an article about Fire Emblem Amiibos working in Fire Emblem Fates: Fire Emblem Fates amiibo Break The Fourth Wall, Talk About Super Smash Bros.

Silicon Era said:
Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin from the Super Smash Bros. series of amiibo are all compatible with Fire Emblem Fates. The characters can be scanned in the My Castle area of the game. After scanning them, they will appear in your plaza and challenge you to a battle. Speaking to them will produce some humorous fourth-wall dialogue about their time in Super Smash Bros.

After defeating the amiibo fighters in a battle, they will ask to join your party. The main character will mention that s/he’s “is in the middle of an adventure,” to which they will each respond differently. Robin reflects on his own adventure, having fought many powerful enemies and making good friends.

Ike notes that by following you, he’ll become more powerful. Lucina notes that she came to this world to borrow your power, a nod to her role in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Marth notes that he understands you better now, and would like to join you without interrupting your journey.

Draxal

Seems like the FE amiibos are getting good functionality for Fates. Of course the best amiibo stuff is always the rare as fuck FE amiibo.

Yeah, they unlock the characters plus bonus frills in the game.

After you beat them, you unlock them for use in the game and they come with their special classes/weapons and have new animations (robin/lucina's animations get newer ones than ones in awakening). Ike in particular looks amazing in this game, his animations are so bad ass.

So hey does anyone have a price to give me on how much forwarding all three yarn yoshis from Japan cost? Using Big in Japan for Amazon JP as suggested above.

StAidan

I got my ZSS and Palutena from Amazon.it. ZSS looks pretty great. Palutena looks... well, a bit off.

Yeah, I received the same ones a couple days ago and was disappointed with Palutena's face. Not to mention mine has a Samus-style lean. :(

ZSS is terrific though, and that's what matters since she's the one I've wanted from the beginning.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
l8eQBIe.png

Best OT updated with they new Dark Amiibolanders and Dark Edition Starter Pack bundles. Pretty sure I'm the only one who would actually put effort into adding those to the OT. :p

I hit up Nintendo World Store a couple times since I was in NYC for a week, left disappointed to be honest. The displays and stuff they had there were cool, but they didn't have as much merch as I thought they would. Was hoping to pick up some good posters or pictures but didn't really see anything. Plus their Amiibo game was weak, just the typical commons. I picked up a Toad cuz I wanted to get something at least and I got a couple of those Zelda mangas too. Just wish there was more...

Tomita

I hope. Already got my regular mail for the day.

I'm so fucking mad right now. The only reason this is happening is my doorbell is busted. I've seriously been on people to fix it for years. My regular mail carrier knows it is busted and would have knocked like she did today with my other stuff. Other mail carrier didn't know and rang the broken doorbell.

Can you not put a sign saying the doorbell doesn't work? ): I'm awfully sorry, but very thankful you got your Ness anyway. Congrats!

And yeah I wish I knew about the Fates amiibo shit sooner. :/ Now I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to procure an Ike. Ffffff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom