• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my Amazon UK Lucina yesterday
they did charge me for it, blargh
in a half-smashed box. Luckily I'm not collecting them in the package or I would've been pissed.

So I've been out of the loop for a while...did Dark Pit ever go up for preorder at Best Buy, and what's going on with Palutena?

Toki767

in a half-smashed box. Luckily I'm not collecting them in the package or I would've been pissed.

So I've been out of the loop for a while...did Dark Pit ever go up for preorder at Best Buy, and what's going on with Palutena?

Dark Pit is not going to be available for pre-order. In store only on July 31. Still no official word on Palutena, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

rOKBcpf.png

The Pit I ordered from that GameStop online restock last week arrived today! I can't take any good pictures of it right now (nor do I know how to post them on GAF if I did) but he looks really good. Face is fine and not derpy and the small details are well done. I am very, very happy.

pa22word

Uh hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who said they'd help me out getting a toad, but a friend of mine pulled through and snagged me one!

Sorry I didnt get back to you guys earlier--works been nuts--but I just wanted to say that you guys rock, and your offers for help were very humbling.

DooD1234

Woo, got wave 5a from amazon.de ZSS looks great, Palutena face looks...weird but detailed everywhere else. Still can't figure out Ganondorf skin color and Dark Pit sure looks edgy. Long story short I'm happy. Still don't have Olimar, Doc, and Junior yet though because I can never to find all 3 of them online. Guess I have to be on the right time when they start to go live September in the US.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Has the Chibi Robo amiibo bundle gone up anywhere in North America? I don't want to miss it >.<

I've been checking it every day. Same with Yoshi (now that we know we are getting a bundle) and Animal Crossing. Nada, cause I dunno. Just had a big discussion today on how it makes zero sense with what Nintendo is doing in NA :/

Thoraxes

Damn. UPS delivers at the worst possible time of day for me. Oh well. Thanks!
My German orders are coming UPS. I used the cheap option which was iparcel to UPS.

If you use the global express it's sone times a different service.

It's pretty much the same for all the euro amazon orders.

It's good living in Chicago because with the free shipping I'm going to get my amiibos in only 3 days with the cheap option, haha. It's even faster than if I ordered something domestically.

1up

Got super lucky going to Gamestop asking about restocks and someone just returned Charizard.

The Gamestop lady said to come back tomorrow at 11am. :D

Chucker

Part of me says to check some GS tomorrow for DeDeDe, the other part says don't bother. I seem to have good luck with restocked though (WFT, Shulk and MK).

zdefonte

Neo Member
Spoke to a store manager at Gamestop, and verified in their system, their store is getting 20 Ness. Was told to check back tomorrow for their shipment.

Got super lucky going to Gamestop asking about restocks and someone just returned Charizard.

The Gamestop lady said to come back tomorrow at 11am. :D

I returned a Charizard to GameStop on June 28. Still haven't decided if I regret it. I have my two though, so I hope it made a collector happy.

batfax

Just about to refund my NinNinGame order before the 180 days on Paypal passes and they give me a shipping notice. Even though I've already gotten my figures from elsewhere. What absolute nonsense that whole ordeal was. .-.

so uh depending on if they actually shipped me both I guess I may be bringing in my first ever doubles. Gotta figure out what to do with them. Maybe just make my money back here.

willizle02

Neo Member
I returned a Charizard to GameStop on June 28. Still haven't decided if I regret it. I have my two though, so I hope it made a collector happy.

Charizard isn't too hard a find, so i'd say you lucked out.

On a side note, i've slept about 12 combined hours this week (combination of work/trying to make sure I pre-order Famicon Rob). :)

There are a ton of Japanese Jigglypuffs on Amazon for $22-$23 with Prime shipping. It's the only amiibo released in North America that I don't have yet. Should I pull the trigger?

I open all my amiibo so region doesn't matter.

NeonZ

I received yesterday Japanese Lucina and Robin Amiibos. They seem better made than the characters from the first and second batches. Lucina's face especially is surprisingly well done, and smaller details, like Robin's belts and book were rather detailed (just compare Marth's belt from his Amiibo with his in game model and then do the same with Robin), although his face isn't as good as Lucina's. I'm really looking forward to Roy's Amiibo's too now (although I hope IS will patch it into Fates).

Charizard isn't too hard a find, so i'd say you lucked out.

On a side note, i've slept about 12 combined hours this week (combination of work/trying to make sure I pre-order Famicon Rob). :)

Tonight will be my first night off after 9 straight work days. I meant to spoiler the date I returned Charizard to the store, not bold it. I doubt 1up found the same one I returned so my post was anecdotal.

I do intend to check out GS this morning in case they do get an unannounced shipment of Ness, WFT or anything else.

Like you, I'm waiting with baited breath to see how much Famicom ROB will cost me.

LiK

I received yesterday Japanese Lucina and Robin Amiibos. They seem better made than the characters from the first and second batches. Lucina's face especially is surprisingly well done, and smaller details, like Robin's belts and book were rather detailed (just compare Marth's belt from his Amiibo with his in game model and then do the same with Robin), although his face isn't as good as Lucina's. I'm really looking forward to Roy's Amiibo's too now (although I hope IS will patch it into Fates).

Yea. Which is why I want Marth reprint for a fair price. Better face from what I read.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I dont know, you can do that for any of them. -via reddit

Gold Mario for example.
http://www.nintendo.com/popup/retailers/xz31aKJqZBGy5QGbxmKZxVl93U4bJII1
That's because they're using the retail checker or something. If you go to Gold Mario's actual page, you can see "US: Exclusively at Walmart at launch."

Edit: My guess is since Best Buy wasn't part of the exclusives last time around, they're the only place with an exclusive this time, especially considering it's only 2 new amiibo. I'm still holding out this'll be the "restock" wave.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Marth and Ike can be imported for relatively cheap. $22-24 usually. The others you can import too but the prices are $25-$30. Check prices on ebay and Amazon.

Any places you recommend for imports? Something that'll be relatively cheap for shipping purposes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked my GS in central MI. Seems they're getting 6 Ness & "less Dededes" so betting about 2 or 3. Employee said he'd hold one for me if there isn't a ton of people waiting at opening. Got one at launch, but I like to do my best on getting any for my friends.

I got to GameStop this morning before the doors opened. Nice young lady lets me in, checks her computer, tells me they don't see anything scheduled. She hands me a business card with the store phone number and sends me on my way. I notice the UPS truck outside as I get in my car. Why not wait a couple minutes. She emerged from the front door gesturing for me to return to the store. Amiibo! Three boxes of Ness (12) and one box of King DeDeDe (4). I was very grateful when she offered one of each. Two minutes later and we're still talking when a male employee walks in. "We got amiibo," she says. He flips. "Did you already sell any? That was part of a conference call yesterday, we're supposed to hold them for Thursday!" I smile, thank her again and disappear.

bmvvPPF.jpg

//ARCANUM

If anyone is able to snag an extra Ness and DeDeDe and wants to sell them to me at face value + shipping, I will be your BFF forever (forever)
forever
. :D

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Two minutes later and we're still talking when a male employee walks in. "We got amiibo," she says. He flips. "Did you already sell any? That was part of a conference call yesterday, we're supposed to hold them for Thursday!" I smile, thank her again and disappear.

I wonder why? It's not like there's anything special going on for Thursday. Stores will sometimes hold items if their flyers say said item will be in on said day, but I don't think these even had an advertising.

Thank you Gamestop!

o10AaR9.jpg

Holy shit that's close to me. The one in Audubon told me that no restock was happening (like the memo said to say to customers) but then he told me Ness and someone else are arriving either tomorrow or Friday. I swear if they sold them today, the employee is dead.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that's close to me. The one in Audubon told me that no restock was happening (like the memo said to say to customers) but then he told me Ness and someone else are arriving either tomorrow or Friday. I swear if they sold them today, the employee is dead.

The12thRipper

I'd like to just find a Ness with a better paint job and mint condition packaging. I have one already, and it's okay, but there are some minor imperfections that bug me. If anyone is getting any extra Ness's from these restocks, would someone who isn't as anal as me care to trade? I also have an extra Jigglypuff and Robin I'd be willing to trade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom