• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcx4610

Success on Ness! Thank you GAF!

If you need Ness or Dedede, today is the day to check your Gamestops. Several of mine received a couple boxes each.

Korosenai

Called my local Gamestop about Ness and she acted like she had no idea what amiibo even were and didn't know if they were getting any in.....

scoot3r

Called GS had one ness and one dedede and since I'm still at work my wife is going to pick them up. Wouldn't hold them for me so I hope she gets there in time. The pressure man!

Edit: and they were gone by the time she got there. My luck

Velcro Fly

Had about 10 ness on the shelf. No dedede. Said it was on hold..

Still glad to see Nintendo is doing large restocks. Hope more are on the way.

This is how restocks for exclusives should be.

Stores getting dozens of them so anyone who wants one can get one.

Fuck this standing in line before the store opens on the day of release or you don't get one bullshit.

reading alot of success stories gives me hope that the rosalina and jigglypuff restock will be good also for those that need those 2 still.

dodgeme

Sick of waiting for these two especially after Dark Pit not going up for preorder online. I don't have time to try and track these down on release date so I said fuck it and imported the pair for around $23 each.

gM1s3ef.jpg

Chucker

Damn, went to my go-to GS and they sold out. 6 D3, 10 Ness. Called the other two in the area and they said tomorrow. Rolling the dice.

DooD1234

Good luck to those looking for DDD and Ness at Gamestop. I kind of want to grab extra to help since I already have both but these instant sell out that Nintendo keep doing is really making me tired of amiibos. Almost finish with the smash series though so just need to hang in there a little while more.

Good luck to those looking for DDD and Ness at Gamestop. I kind of want to grab extra to help since I already have both but these instant sell out that Nintendo keep doing is really making me tired of amiibos. Almost finish with the smash series though so just need to hang in there a little while more.

Nintendo cant do anything about there products instantly selling out on the day stores put them out lol

Glad to see people managing to get Ness today. I'll have to go check for some tomorrow if I can and hopefully pick one up for a friend.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So question. I might try to also get a Dedede for my friend along with a Ness for another. But he only wants Dedede if it's the reprinted version, which has a different back. Anyone got a comparison pic of the backs of first & second prints?

Neverfade

So question. I might try to also get a Dedede for my friend along with a Ness for another. But he only wants Dedede if it's the reprinted version, which has a different back. Anyone got a comparison pic of the backs of first & second prints?

I don't have a picture on hand but if you're buying from the Gamestop restock, you're definitely getting the reprint.

Murugo

I'm holding out for my DDD preorder from January. Hopefully there is enough stock to fulfill online preorders similar to Ike. I haven't called any Gamestop stores yet, but I'm betting any stock they might have will sell out while I'm at work tomorrow.

Oh wow, my Japanese Marth came today. Apparently they were supposed to get me to sign for it, but no one ever came to my door so i had to trek 9 miles in the cold and rain to get it at my post office. jk it's like less than 10 minutes from my house. But it was still in rush hour so that kind of counts I guess.

I thought my original NA launch one had an ok face, but wow, the difference from the old ones and the reprints is surprising.

3tIqUJ2.jpg
YDZzBcz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom