• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was just thinking people complain that gamestop is the worst for exclusives but looking at the numbers gamestop has way more stores than best buy, target, and toys r us by alot so if ya think about it might look like gamestop isnt getting as much but its really cause its spread across way more stores than the others. For all we no Ness and Shulk had the same stock as the other exclusives.

kirby_fox

Banned
Yup. Pit is on Target.com as well, along with a few others.

Anyway, Rumor right now is that Palutena will not be retail exclusive in the US and is described as a Silver Mario situation

Dark Pit confirmed to be impossible to find.

Are there enough fans of Dark Pit to stand in line at a Best Buy on a Friday morning? Because I'll go to Best Buy but fuck waking up early.

zroid

Banned
DAT Mewtwo...

CJcnEWhUYAANUCD.jpg

Maengun1

Pulled the trigger on an import Dark Pit finally. I was waiting to see if we ever got confirmation on whether or not Palutena is exclusive too, but got impatient.

I can't get to a Best Buy that morning, so 9 bucks more than MSRP it is! Meh.

I like Dark Pit more than Pit, haha

Yeah you guys should be happy amiibos aren't funko popular right now haha

The Conan comic con funkos are reselling for $300/450 haha 0_o and the funko booth was instantly capped x full haha

I was in a rush and didn't get a chance to check out the amiibos but will tomorrow

kirby_fox

Banned
Have we seen Falco in person yet? It'd be insane if Mewtwo came out before Falco did, considering they've been releasing them by reveal for awhile...

VICI0US

wait, gamestops are getting dedede in? I have an open pre-order from december that never got filled.. if they sold through stock here without checking pre-orders/contacting people that's pretty shitty.

willizle02

Neo Member
My friend is visiting Japan right now, and he's getting me a rosalina! :)

Off topic, but I also managed to preorder one of the special edition packages for Zero Escape for 3ds which comes with the watch. ;u;

First one at my GameStop, no sign with stock outside but the employee here said they had them yesterday so I'm not worried. I brought some friends with me this time so this should be fun.

So are Ness and Dedede rare still? Went by Gamestop to grab a new pad for my PC and they had quite a few out for sale, no reservations.

Am_I_Evil

still annoyed about my amazon.it order cancellation....especially since Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr & Olimar have all popped back in stock at different times...why can't the order just stay open and have stock allocated as it becomes available?

Crono27

got bowser jr from amazon.it today. only two im missing is mii gunner/brawler and im done with wave 5/6, Now those mario maker amiibos/animal crossing ones need to pop up >.<

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Bummed I'm in meetings all morning and can't slip out to grab Dedede... :(

Wow, that Mewtwo looks too good.

Got my sister to wait in line at Gamestop for me. She's out of school so she has to be put to work, lol. Fingers crossed but she's 6th in line when there's 8 Dededes and it's one per customer.

Lyonaz

Mediamarkt in Den Haag, the Netherlands had a whole bunch of Lucina amiibo and two Robins. Got both right away. It seems Nintendo is slowly sending out more stock.

Still need squid boy and girl though. >.<

melman101

Ok just posting to keep everyone informed.

I went to two GameStops today (Yonkers, NY) and they both had the sign on the door indicating a restock and how many of each figure.

1. Cross County - 18 Ness's and 3 King DeDeDe's
2. Central Ave - 20 Ness's and 9 DeDeDe's

Store #1 - 3 Ness's sold when I left, and 3 DeDeDe's. So no more DeDeDe there.

When I left store #2, they had 5 DeDeDe's left.

Hope this helps people.

---

Also, my collection is now complete with the missing Ness :). Super pumped.

I jogged to the GS in my town and got there just as it was opening and they had already apparently sold their stock as soon as they had gotten them. The employee called the GS at the mall in the next town and I hopped the train that was thankfully nearby. Managed a Ness but Dedede already gone. Didn't even think to look for WFT and have been looking for one.

This ness restock was really well done and each store seem to get a good amount keep it up nintendo these kinds of restocks are what we need!

Drago

DAT Mewtwo...

CJcnEWhUYAANUCD.jpg
Whaa, where was this at? What a nice surprise, he looks great. Really weird he would just show up without prior announcement though (we knew he was coming but we never saw what the amiibo itself was gonna look like)

He'll probably come out alongside Falco, I'm guessing.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Uggh, can't believe I missed Ness again while in the cart, just like last time he was up. Most of my local Gamestops sold their stock yesterday and by lunch whoever still has them will be gone.

If anyone managed an extra, I can trade. I have some rares, just let me know what you need.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got lucky with Ness for my friend, but only 2 Dededes at the store & they were gone (got there about 75 minutes after they opened. Still had about 3 Ness left).

.....I also got to listen to someone else whining about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive while paying for Ness & that they wanted to bankrupt Nintendo because of it.

Finally ordered a Ness (thank you 1up, based DIGGEH, and the LINE Amiibro Team), still missing Greninja and Robin. Any signs of them being restocked, or should I just stop waiting and eBay?

Chucker

Local GS had 20(!!) Ness, and 4 D3. Got a D3 finally.

Great times. Guess I should get Kirby since I have the other two.

Gah, I'm stuck at work until 2. Hopefully there will be some Ness's left at that time. Sounds like they are fairly plentiful at least.

Marvie_3

Banned
Glad people are finally able to get some of these. Hopefully its a sign that amiibos will be in greater supply going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom