• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
Congrats on everyone who scored a Ness and Dedede! :D On another note is Zero Suit Samus a rarity in Japan? The price difference between her and the rest of that wave on Amazon is a tad bit worrying to me.

Chucker

Wait, this is an elaborate troll by Nintendo to show there isn't a desire for Mother/EB in the U.S. by flooding Ness.

That's the only reason I can think of.

Crom

Got lucky with Ness for my friend, but only 2 Dededes at the store & they were gone (got there about 75 minutes after they opened. Still had about 3 Ness left).

.....I also got to listen to someone else whining about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive while paying for Ness & that they wanted to bankrupt Nintendo because of it.

Haha. Set that chump straight. It wouldn't have been made without Nintendo funding it.

Also if he wanted Nintendo to go bankrupt he should probably stop buying all they new amiibo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha. Set that chump straight. It wouldn't have been made without Nintendo funding it.

Also if he wanted Nintendo to bankrupt he should probably stop buying all they new amiibo
Nah, I was the one buying Ness, he was asking about DmC Definitive Edition on PS4/X1 and asked if it was similar to Bayonetta, then questioned if B2 was still exclusive. He said that "Nintendo didn't deserve it" & that "all they have going for them is Mario & Smash, I wanna play God of War!". I figured it was best to stay quiet & just rolled my eyes at the employee (we both knew each other & both knew the game's situation & such).

But to get back on topic, I saw what people mean by reprinted labels, as the back had the New 3DS mentioned/shown whereas the first prints didn't have them.

The GS I went to in NYC got 44 Ness. Glad they're actually stocking them this time!
Which store did you go to? Thinking about going to the GS someone posted above.

Where i went this morning:
AvWYbE1l.jpg

Commack, NY (Long Island)
Were there a lot of people?

Meeps

Which store did you go to? Thinking about going to the GS someone posted above.

At 33rd and Broadway. That was at 9am though, and it's a super busy area. There's also a location inside the mall across the street, but I didn't check it out. There were unfortunately a bunch of people who were hitting every location as they opened. :/

melman101

Does anyone know if this of Ness reprint is identical to the first run?

The DeDeDe is different because it has the new 3DS on the back. But just wondering about Ness.

Hugstable

Banned
Just got home now, I can't believe I was exactly the last person in line to be able to get a Ness, and the person who would've taken my spot got there less than a minute after me

Luckiest day ever. They Amiibo that originally made me so apathetic towards Amiibo is now finally in my hands! Now to wait my time til Yarn Yoshi and a hopeful Lucina restock

As I sit here, waiting for my GS to open, I'll share the picture I took of game and watch and Dr Mario amiibos.

IMG_20150703_105935_zpsq9xdbnrr.jpg

Also, how many crazy completionest are going to get both backer cards now?

prateeko

IMG_4178_zpso69rzupq.jpg

My gf and I took half the Dedede stock :/

My local GS looked pretty much like that (although down to 1 Dedede).

I didn't realize about the new backs. I guess that's an easy way to differentiate the re-prints. Glad to see this many Ness flooding the wild though, especially knowing how rabid EB fans can be

rjinaz

Ness and King D3 still up at Gamestop cool. Just scored them. Must have gotten a few.

Don't forget to use SAVER for free shipping if you get two.

Tomita

Don't see them ):

EDIT: After trying a search over and over I did get it on Firefox! KEEP TRYING GUYS I JUST ORDERED MINE

Murugo

Huge sigh of relief for getting Dedede online. I called Gamestop when they opened this morning and was told they had only 1 left. I probably would have headed over during my lunch break to be disappointed.

I eBayed Greninja and Robin... am ashamed. Also picked up a Rosalina since it was the only European packaging I had. Sigh. So weak.

I am so happy that Dedede and Ness have been available online today. I think Ness is still up, too.

Two of my favorite amiibos hands down.

Yeah, Dedede just keeps routing me back to the main Amiibo page. On a side note, my local Gamestop will just NOT pick up the phone today.

Tomita

Lol I am waiting for my Ness to somehow get cancelled :V

I was too lazy to drive over to Gamestop today on a whim (because there's a bit of distance, so even if I called ahead it could get sold) so WHOOO.

starmud

My GameStop had 8 of each... I was number 9 in line. One kid skipped king dedede. The happiness :D

I thought we would have a small riot when one of the guys who had his mom with him had her purchase a set as well... I guess he told people she was just there lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yes! Managed to get a Dedede from the GameStop website.
I already have Ness so no worries there.
Now I have all the Kirby figures!

Been out of the loop a bit (E3 kind of broke my spirit) but I think I can get back in. Especially if restocks like this are more common.

Fox Mulder

I am so happy that Dedede and Ness have been available online today. I think Ness is still up, too.

Two of my favorite amiibos hands down.

Ness is ness, and fans deserve to get a piece if official march. Dedede is one if the best looking ones. Two of my favorites.

It's nice seeing people happily getting them after so much gloom and bullshit around amiibos in the US.

The original only shows the Amiibo being used on Wii U, but the new one shows both the Wii U and 3DS. No difference otherwise.
Makes sense considering the 3DS Amiibo portal was on pre-order somewhere recently.
Seems a "too little, too late" thing for me but yeah...

Can't believe it....I just got Ness AND Dedede!! I had pretty much given up on ever getting both. So happy right now.

Does GS package these well for shipping? I'm still annoyed at how poorly Best Buy packaged the Amiibo I ordered from them.

While I'm happy for folks that got the Amiibo they wanted, I can't help but feel like I'm gonna be stuck with my "trade bait" I was counting on for the next wave. Ness, Dedede, Lucario and Robin were gonna bail me out of a jam for wave 5. Not too sure now....

Toki767

While I'm happy for folks that got the Amiibo they wanted, I can't help but feel like I'm gonna be stuck with my "trade bait" I was counting on for the next wave. Ness, Dedede, Lucario and Robin were gonna bail me out of a jam for wave 5. Not too sure now....

Feels like 90% of the people buying these are strictly for "trade bait".

Fox Mulder

Well I'm not going to feel bad for a secondary market dying off with better retail supply. The stock issues and scalping was also made worse by people hoarding for trades, if were honest.

Screw trade bait. It's about damn time the stock situation improved. Hopefully it continues to.

Can't believe it....I just got Ness AND Dedede!! I had pretty much given up on ever getting both. So happy right now.

Does GS package these well for shipping? I'm still annoyed at how poorly Best Buy packaged the Amiibo I ordered from them.

They can be hit or miss with them. I ordered a second Ness today to replace a less than perfect packaged Ness they shipped to me at the end of May. At the same time, I've gotten some that came pretty much perfect too, so...

TheGrue

If Nintendo were stocking these well, you wouldn't even need trade bait. Hopefully there's plenty of Wave 5 stock and you won't have to care at all.

prateeko

If Nintendo were stocking these well, you wouldn't even need trade bait. Hopefully there's plenty of Wave 5 stock and you won't have to care at all.

I think all of us have gotten into this mentality. Buy first, return/trade later. I'm sure Nintendo likes it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom