• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateeko

trade for a Ness??

Yeah, you could trade a Ness for a Dedede.

IMO the bigger Amiibos are some of the better looking ones, especially Dedede. I'm sure those are the one's Iwata was referring to as ones where they lose money (whereas obviously they're making more on the Jigglypuff's and Pikachus)

For people that want to see the new back of the amiibo boxes

jbv39pypzewi77gyb9v.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Had this large order of Meta Knight, Rosalina, Shulk, Ness, Robin, Lucina, and Wario on Play-Asia. Now it's finally getting shipped. I'm so happy!! T_T

Mathi

Finally got Pac-man today, I tought he would be easier to find, but it seems he's kind of rare in Germany.

When I started buying amiibos I just wanted 3 or 4 of my favorite characters. Well now I just need Pit and Bowser and then I'm finished. Oh, and Bowser Jr.! ... and maybe Mewtwo? But then I'm done!

Finally got through to my Gamestop and they said they only had a few Ness's left. I get off in about 50 minutes... what do you all think my chances are?

Ridley327

Good to see people finally get Dedede. If there's an Amiibo that all other Amiibos should aspire to be as far as the overall quality, it's him. You can tell they put a lot of love into that sculpt and paint apps.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Good to see people finally get Dedede. If there's an Amiibo that all other Amiibos should aspire to be as far as the overall quality, it's him. You can tell they put a lot of love into that sculpt and paint apps.

I think it's the trim on his coat that seals it.

TheGrue

I think all of us have gotten into this mentality. Buy first, return/trade later. I'm sure Nintendo likes it...

The only time I've bought an extra was by accident and I gave it away to a random person in this thread. Maybe I'm just lucky with getting these things.

Thanks man, I love my new house , I worked really hard to get where I am now
Well good for you. I'd like to have one like that someday.

On the topic of Ness, does anyone think I have a chance to find one at this point in the day? I wasn't able to go out earlier and I know it's a long shot but better late than never, right?

Rizific

add me to the "got a ness" group. my gs said they only got in 4 and i got number 3. cool beans. definitely wasnt expecting to be able to get him.

you should try, you never know.
Yeah. I've learned to never say never when it comes to amiibo, lol.

Missed out on Ness because of work. Got him online at least but I don't trust their shipping all that much.
GameStop's shipping has been great in my experience. The Pit I ordered from their online restock the other week came in excellent condition and it was packed really carefully.

melman101

Figures. I was in NYC two weekends ago and went. They had Splatoon triple-pack but that was it for hard to find stuff.

They sell out pretty quick. They had a bunch of rare ones yesterday at 4pm. Ness and Little Mac were sold out in 2 hours. The rest by this morning.

dickroach

so I checked the amiibo thread for the first time in a month or two, saw the restock news, got really excited, went to gamestop and saw a bunch of Luigis and Peaches.
pretty much the reason I haven't checked up on amiibos in a while :(

Meatwad

so I checked the amiibo thread for the first time in a month or two, saw the restock news, got really excited, went to gamestop and saw a bunch of Luigis and Peaches.
pretty much the reason I haven't checked up on amiibos in a while :(

Uh did you ask a clerk?

Big thank you to whoever it was here that recommended a site called beat the bomb for importing. I got my EU Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Zero Suit Samus today. They were packed extremely well, even had some of those little foam peanuts in the box. Naturally I ended up paying a little over retail for each of them, but it's so nice to know I won't have to worry about the usual madness surrounding new waves in the US. Especially with Dark Pit being a store exclusive.

Enthus

I got a Ness today, first amiibo since April. I guess I'm back in the game, but I've got a lot of catching up to do. Glad they are actually somewhat serious about restocking now.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Damn, I'm having really bad luck with Ness.

Out of almost 20 stores called and several visited, not a single one has any Ness.

Wish I knew about this restock 2 weeks ago, I would have taken the day off because I heard one store had almost 35 Ness at opening, but they were all gone by 12.

Aeon07

Neo Member
I got lucky and found Ness at the Gamestop close to work. I walked in and there were 3 on the counter behind the register.

Well no luck with Ness today. Two of the GameStops I went to seemed sure they'd get another restock soon but who knows. Was really hoping to get one for a friend.

I'm really surprised at all the Ness going around, considering this is NOA we're talking about and he's one of the more u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ sought after amiibos

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
So the craziest but luckiest thing happened.

Randomly walked into a Gamestop in a mall not intending to buy anything at all, and there's two Ness' just sitting there. Employee said they had gotten in like 12. As I type this it's literally one hour before closing and they got them in last night but the fact they survived the ENTIRE day in a MALL is insane. Cool, so I buy them. I log into YesAsia to see about canceling the two Ness' I had preordered with the but have yet to ship, and they are ALREADY CANCELLED. Didn't get a notification email or anything nor do I know how long it's been since they've cancelled the order...... so I had no idea of knowing until I checked just now, and later on had I not lucked up on finding him, I'd have logged in to check to see if they shipped yet and would have been livid.

On top of that, the employee wasn't gonna sell me them both cause they have a one per person policy but he let me slide.

EDIT: same employee sold me someone's abandoned King Dedede preorder. I'm buying this motherfucker lunch.

Jergingha

Neo Member
[QUOTE="D";171454666]So the craziest but luckiest thing happened.

Randomly walked into a Gamestop in a mall not intending to buy anything at all, and there's two Ness' just sitting there.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this!

I got a call during work.

It was for my Dedede preorder from January (it's been 7 months!), and they actually had it.

So I went in to pick it up, and while waiting for the cashier to get my reserved Amiibo, I saw 4 Ness Amiibo.

I gasped.

Like, how??????????

I had already paid scalper prices for a Japanese Amiibo back in early May, but I still wanted a sealed, brand spankin new Ness Amiibo, so I immediately bought one.

Today was a good day.

bigkurz

Banned
Any idea when the Amazon Germany Dr. Mario will ship?

And has the USA Amazon had preorders for dr Mario yet? I've been out of the loop for a while.

Kirye

Thank you guys for letting me know about the Ness restock! Went in hoping to at least find 1, and I did along with an Ike and Dedede just sitting there! Bought Ness and Ike cause I overheard the guy behind me mention the DDD and I didn't want to grab it just cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom