• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Mii fighters on Amazon Germany are now shipping to the US. Only a matter of time for Duck Hunt/ROB/Game & Watch.
Unless they sell out first.

Well, they don't release till September 25th according to their listing.

I guess we're all going to be back together for releases come then.

TheGrue

In my bid to only pay retail for Amiibos, I'm playing it cool and not buckling under the pressure and trying to import Dark Pit and Palutena. Will my Amiibo luck hold? I'll find out July 31, I guess.

Balb

Went to pick up my much belated Dedede pre-order from GameStop today and saw a couple of Ness amiibo so I picked one of those up too. Good day.

Socivol

Just got a shipping confirmation for my two Rosalina's I wish I could have gotten a Pit from Wal-Mart but it was gone by the time I woke up :(

DooD1234

Just check Target site and I'm amazed and shocked Rosalina and Jigglypuff still not sold out. Now I'm curious how Dark Pit and Palutena release is going to look like lol.

Neverfade

I have Rosalina in my shopping cart at target.com just not sure..is this amiibo really necessary(I have ever other one except for Robin and DeDeDe)

You're three shy from a complete set, you can't give up now! Just do it!

V63sgnL.gif

I don't believe my luck somedays! I happened to be scanning another site and saw someone mention ordering Rosalina from Target today, and managed to get both her and Jigglypuff online a little while ago before they were gone for market price with free shipping to boot.

I'm so happy! Congratulations to everyone who got the figures they wanted from Target today, and hopefully this is an indication of the amiibo situation in NA improving, even slowly, in the future.

HardRojo

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. I've been less anxious about Amiibo and learning to control the temptation :p
Earlier today a local chain announced pre-orders for Palutena and Dark Pit. I'm only getting Dark Pit for now. It's a shame there's nothing about restocks though :( The only restocked Amiibo we're getting somewhat constantly is Marth, which I already have. (Edit: I'm from Peru btw)

Wulfric

I'm on a roll today; first Ness on a spontaneous trip to Gamestop, and now both Rosalina and Jiggs! I had honestly given up on nabbing these guys. Do we know if Target ordered a second run of their exclusives or if these are just leftovers?

je_ssi e

Was really holding out for a SMB Rosalina, but just said screw it and ordered her off of Target along with SMB Luigi (who I was hoping would get a silver version) for the free shipping.

Excite!

KingBroly

Banned
I'm beginning to think my local Gamestop are hording some of the rarer amiibo. They don't get ANY restocks in. It's so frustrating. At least it's coming at a time when stuff isn't getting rare anymore.

I have every amiibo, but part of me still wants to go out and look for them. The only restock I really want is the 2nd Villager because of the significant difference on the eyes, which make it look infinitely better than the original.

Velcro Fly

These restocks and how widespread they are give me hope for the future that if you miss a preorder or miss day 1 you still have a chance at many of them.

G0523

I finally got Ness in the mail today from YesAsia! Now my amiibo collection is complete until the next wave. I don't think I've ever shown off my collection before so here it goes:

Hopefully I'll take some better shots in the future. Lol.

Here's a good one though! OG SMASH REPRESENT!:

I think Rosalina is glitching target.com out. I keep trying to add to cart, only to be told "the maxmium quantity has been added to your cart". I go to check out, only to see nothing there.

Ah, well, at least I got my little Mac from Amazon Japan.

I think Rosalina is glitching target.com out. I keep trying to add to cart, only to be told "the maxmium quantity has been added to your cart". I go to check out, only to see nothing there.

Ah, well, at least I got my little Mac from Amazon Japan.

Had that happen with Marth when I first tried to order. Anyway, managed to order from Target.com and a Gaffer the following for retail prices:

WFT
Marth x2
Rosalina
Pit
Lucina
Robin

zulux21

it's lame that marth came back as soon as I left for work and didn't order jiggy or WFT.

oh well, I still have a robin and lucina to trade for ike and marth once I have a working printer again.

Renewed

Realized that my Wave 5a arrived at the post office days ago. The long wait for Roy and Falco begins.

Can't quite put a tentacle on what it reminds me of...

I would say it's not relevant to post this here, but we have Amiibolanders now, so it's fair game. :p

The chances of Splatoon being in Skylanders? I'll say it's lower with this but heck, you never know.

Dezner

Whoa! Looks like I missed out on some crazy news the past day or two! :eek:

I never did get to GameStop yesterday so I'll try another spontaneous trip tomorrow, maybe I'll get lucky. :3

Thoraxes

Realized that my Wave 5a arrived at the post office days ago. The long wait for Roy and Falco begins.

Oh so those four are 5a? Mine should be here Monday (maybe tomorrow if UPS is going to tender it off to USPS because it arrived in Chicago yesterday).

Is Euro's 5b just Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Olimar then?

Walmart delayed Pit at best, will cancel him otherwise. Purchased at almost 7:00 am Eastern, about 4 hours after it went up.

Walmart email said:
Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order have been delayed.

=======================================================================
DELAYED ITEMS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 2XXXXXX-XXXX5

ITEM QTY PRICE TOTAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Pit Super Smash Bros Series Amiibo (Nintendo 1 12.96 12.96
Wii U or 3DS)

=======================================================================

We are working with our suppliers to ship these items as soon as possible, but are unable to provide a revised delivery date at this time. If for some reason we can't ship these items at all, we'll cancel the items from your order and notify you. If you wish to cancel them now, please call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546 and an associate will try to cancel the items. (Items that are too far into the shipping process may not be cancelable, but you can return them for a full refund.) Otherwise, there is no action needed on your part.

But Target got Wii Fit Trainer out the door quick! 10:30 am Eastern purchase.

Target email said:
We wanted to let you know that item(s) from order (Order # 9XXXXXXXXXX1) placed on 07/10/2015 have shipped. If your order contains more than one item, it may ship in multiple packages—check the details below. You are not charged for items until they ship.
Thanks for shopping at Target.
Team Target

The following item(s) were shipped to this address:

XXXXXXXXXX

shipped on 07/10/2015
quantity
shipping method estimated arrival
price

Nintendo Wii Fit Trainer amiibo Figure

1 Standard 07/15/2015 - 07/20/2015
$12.99
Unit Price:$12.99

I was thinking about the restocks at NWS and how Little Mac has been available. I haven't seen the back of the cardboard but I wonder if they are from the original manufacturing run or if they were reprinted. The CPSIA document says he hasn't been made since October 2014 but then again DeDeDe is only listed from November. I'm led to believe they made more Little Mac like DeDeDe, Captain Falcon (where is he?) and many others. But Villager got an as-of-yet unseen reissue too, and wasn't the semi-recent NWS stock the old version with XL eyes?

Favocado

I was thinking about the restocks at NWS and how Little Mac has been available. I haven't seen the back of the cardboard but I wonder if they are from the original manufacturing run or if they were reprinted. The CPSIA document says he hasn't been made since October 2014 but then again DeDeDe is only listed from November. I'm led to believe they made more Little Mac like DeDeDe, Captain Falcon (where is he?) and many others. But Villager got an as-of-yet unseen reissue too, and wasn't the semi-recent NWS stock the old version with XL eyes?

There was a very small "restock" of Villager and Little Mac that appeared to be the original prints. That one was probably some stock they found somewhere since Villager and LM were in stock for literally 20 minutes, which is weird for the NWS. The 2nd most recent restock (not this last one, but the one before), where Little Mac lasted for about 3 hours and Villager till next day, were reprints. Though, they used a 1st print villager for that particular twitter announcement photo so that's what threw people off.

There was a very small "restock" of Villager and Little Mac that appeared to be the original prints. That one was probably some stock they found somewhere since Villager and LM were in stock for literally 20 minutes, which is weird for the NWS. The 2nd most recent restock (not this last one, but the one before), where Little Mac lasted for about 3 hours and Villager till next day, were reprints. Though, they used a 1st print villager for that particular twitter announcement photo so that's what threw people off.

Thanks for the clarification :) I hope I can pick up an NA/6+ Villager sometime soon, original or reprint. He's the last hole in my to-date SSB collection.

Drago

We don't, but I'd wager that it's all dropping the same day as Super Mario Maker on 9/11.
All 11 Smash amiibo plus the 2 Mario Maker amiibos releasing then would make it a record 13 amiibos all released on a single day.

NoA loves to release amiibos all at once instead of spacing things out... Wave 4 was delayed from April to May as well for seemingly no reason other than so they could release alongside Splatoon. I'm surprised they didn't just delay Palutena and Dark Pit to September too, guess they wanted something out in the summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom