• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 11 Smash amiibo plus the 2 Mario Maker amiibos releasing then would make it a record 13 amiibos all released on a single day.

NoA loves to release amiibos all at once instead of spacing things out... Wave 4 was delayed from April to May as well for seemingly no reason other than so they could release alongside Splatoon. I'm surprised they didn't just delay Palutena and Dark Pit to September too, guess they wanted something out in the summer...

No falco, though. :(

Ridley327

Thanks! Would prefer to get it elsewhere, but might as well make a temp order just in case :x It's only $60 though? That makes the Yarn Yoshi only $10 more being bundled.

They usually do a tiny discount with the bundles, but perhaps that's pointing to the loose Yarn Yoshis being the same price as other Amiibos in the US.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They usually do a tiny discount with the bundles, but perhaps that's pointing to the loose Yarn Yoshis being the same price as other Amiibos in the US.

I'm thinking it could just because it's part of a packaged deal. I can still see the separate colours being a few dollars more. Still, even a better price if you were wanting the game too!

TheGrue

Do we know if the game is the only way to get a green yoshi? I don't want a disc at all, but will buy the game on disc if it's the only way. I will assume I'm stuck buying the disc for Animal Crossing.

Ridley327

Do we know if the game is the only way to get a green yoshi? I don't want a disc at all, but will buy the game on disc if it's the only way. I will assume I'm stuck buying the disc for Animal Crossing.

The green Yarn Yoshi was available on its own in other regions, and while I wouldn't put anything past NOA to change it up, the worst I can imagine happening is they pull a Mario Party 10 and have the green Yarn Yoshi exclusive to the bundle for a couple of weeks.

NEO0MJ

Yes! I finally found a Ness locally. That took longer than expected. Other than him I now have Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. Hoping to pick up Palutena and DK in the future to complete my mains collection, and to finish it with Mewtwo.

I wish Nintendo made classic Wario a Smash Amiibo. If they do make him he'll probably be in the Mario line but I don't want my collection to be non-uniform.

Also, I'm struggling with the decision to open them or not. I doubt I'll ever sell them but I'm so hesitant about opening them. What's funny in my case is that they're all from different regions so there's no even uniformity and they'll look better outside the cases.

DooD1234

Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo bundle up for preorder at TRU.
Still available (animal crossing bundle still there too) but I think I will hold out for Best Buy because of 20% discount. Hopefully Nintendo don't announce the green Yoshi is only available to this bundle or this game might instant sold out of preorders lol.

Just to be curious but is the Splatoon triple pack even easily accessible to get? I never see them in store and I feel bad for anyone who can't get the green squid amiibo.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Been a long time since I checked this thread. Congrats to all those who nabbed some rares from Target. It's like Xmas in July for all amiibros.

Animekatt

Still available (animal crossing bundle still there too) but I think I will hold out for Best Buy because of 20% discount. Hopefully Nintendo don't announce the green Yoshi is only available to this bundle or this game might instant sold out of preorders lol.

Just to be curious but is the Splatoon triple pack even easily accessible to get? I never see them in store and I feel bad for anyone who can't get the green squid amiibo.

Yeah I'm also waiting for Best Buy, or even Amazon.

Persona7

Banned
Zero Suit Samus has not been available for pre-order in north america yet, right?

I got the last Ness at gamestop today. They also stocked some more splatoon amiibos.

Ridley327

Zero Suit Samus has not been available for pre-order in north america yet, right?

I got the last Ness at gamestop today. They also stocked some more splatoon amiibos.

Neither wave 5 (lol) or wave 6 have gone live at all, nor have they opened up any pre-orders for the 8-bit Marios or the Yarn Yoshis (beyond the bundle on TRU.com). You can't even pre-order the Chibi Robo: Zip Lash Amiibo bundle yet.

Persona7

Banned
Neither wave 5 (lol) or wave 6 have gone live at all, nor have they opened up any pre-orders for the 8-bit Marios or the Yarn Yoshis (beyond the bundle on TRU.com). You can't even pre-order the Chibi Robo: Zip Lash Amiibo bundle yet.

Thanks for the information. I haven't been following these threads for a while.

AmiiboGAF, I can't believe it. While I was out today I figured I hit a GameStop and see if they had a Ness. The guy said no but he checked the computer and saw that another one had 5 left. I went there and saw nothing. The girl there said to go check the GameStop in a nearby mall because they often get their locations mixed up. I went there and saw TWO Ness amiibos just sitting at the bottom of a rack. Got them both, one for me, one for a friend. I don't know they lasted this long.

I've been on vacation and without internet for a week. Come back today to see the "Dark" Donkey Kong and Bowser Skylandermiibos. They are really, really trying to make it so no one will have every single amiibo. Not that those will be hard to find, but basically paying $65 - $100 for one amiibo. Are people going to want to buy the bundle without DK or Bowser?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see everyone is finding success! I've been very busy at Comic-Con. I even got to meet Charles Martinet and get his autograph!

Interesting to see the bundles not selling out yet.

I have a strong feeling the Woolly World bundle will be like the Mario Party 10 bundle in that it will be the only way to get a Green Yarn Yoshi for a couple weeks before it becomes available a la carte. Unless the Best Buy Woolly World preorder I have comes with the amiibo too. I'm not canceling that because I'm not missing out on those My Best Buy promotional 30th Anniversary Super Mario pin buttons. It would be really screwed up to have to decide between those and the Green Yarn Yoshi.

Piscus

I have a strong feeling the Woolly World bundle will be like the Mario Party 10 bundle in that it will be the only way to get a Green Yarn Yoshi for a couple weeks before it becomes available a la carte. Unless the Best Buy Woolly World preorder I have comes with the amiibo too. I'm not canceling that because I'm not missing out on those My Best Buy promotional 30th Anniversary Super Mario pin buttons. It would be really screwed up to have to decide between those and the Green Yarn Yoshi.
Quick off-topic question about those pins... Did you get anything mentioning the pins after preordering two games from that list? I used the links from the main promotion to add two qualifying games to my cart, but I got nothing mentioning or connecting those preorders to the free pin set once I placed the order...

Scoop-Li

According to the Best Buy website, the expiration date for pre-ordering two qualifying games to receive the pin set has been pushed from July 11th to September 11th. At least that gives more breathing room to pre-order amiibo/game bundles if or when they appear. I also did not see anything in my cart in regards to the pin set upon checking out with two qualifying games.

Da Fish

Neo Member
To any Columbus Ohio Gaffers I saw a couple of Ness amiibo at my local gamestop and I was there at closing so they're still in the wild if you haven't caught one.

I've been working on this as a little side project the last couple of weeks, and I think it's finally time to unleash it on the world and get some feedback.

Here's the site: http://amiibo.life/

It has all released and announced amiibo listed. (Tell me if I missed any!) If you create a free account, you can track and (optionally) share your collection and wish list.

For example, here's my modest collection: http://amiibo.life/users/LouieGeetoo/collection

And my wish list: http://amiibo.life/users/LouieGeetoo/wish-list

I hope it can be useful to the folks here. It's very much a work-in-progress, with lots of planned features (like release dates and game compatibility). If you've got any feedback or ideas for improvement, please PM them along!

Majestad

Banned
Do we expect Falco to be one of the rarest Amiibo? He's releasing almost last, and I think by itself. I hope getting one isn't impossible and he's always been my favorite character in Smash.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Do we expect Falco to be one of the rarest Amiibo? He's releasing almost last, and I think by itself. I hope getting one isn't impossible and he's always been my favorite character in Smash.

I'm thinking Famirob since he's Japan only. Falco will most likely be launched with a Fox reprint for Star Fox Zero, but who knows. Maybe they'll shove him into a wave with the DLC amiibo to spite us all.

Wulfric

Anyone else get a tracking number from Target on the Rosalina restock? I bought her and Jigglypuff and found a Fedex number in my inbox today. :)

Hopefully everyone who placed an order has it fulfilled within the next couple days.

I miss you, AmiiboGaf.
I have to say that I'm less stressed now a days that I have given up the hunt.
I just have 13 amiibo left to sell and I'm out of the game for good.
Didn't realize I was still subscribed to inStockNow or whatever it's called and got notifications for Pit, Jiggly and Rosalina so it looks like restocks actually are happening?
I'm glad

Love you all.
PS: mah diggeh ;)

Happily I have my imported Palutena and Dark Pit, hope I don't have to import again. I know I can get anything available at Gamestop but stuff exclusive at another stores might force me to do another import. Just one more major wave to go and a few stragglers! By the way, I saw a pair of Ness figures hanging on the wall at my GS. Apparently they'd been there for at least a couple days.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I miss you, AmiiboGaf.
I have to say that I'm less stressed now a days that I have given up the hunt.
I just have 13 amiibo left to sell and I'm out of the game for good.
Didn't realize I was still subscribed to inStockNow or whatever it's called and got notifications for Pit, Jiggly and Rosalina so it looks like restocks actually are happening?
I'm glad

Love you all.
PS: mah diggeh ;)

iShouldUndoThisTerribleMistakeAndRebuyMyAmiibo

shadrach84

Neo Member
Anyone else get a tracking number from Target on the Rosalina restock? I bought her and Jigglypuff and found a Fedex number in my inbox today. :)

Hopefully everyone who placed an order has it fulfilled within the next couple days.

Yup. Ordered a jiggly and rosalina and received the tracking number today!

willizle02

Neo Member

I got my tracking number same night for rosalina

Jergingha

Neo Member
Surprised that the Yoshi's Woolly World bundle wasn't sold out at Toys R Us, so I ordered one.

I think, towards the end of all this, I am going to just slowly buy all the Amiibo I neglected before. I have a feeling once the Smash waves are done, they will start to become a bit more common (at least, I hope).

zroid

Banned
I keep forgetting that Palutena comes out this month. Goddamn.

NoA seems determined to make this as difficult as possible

melman101

I want to get out of the game. But I can't. LOL.

I'm so close. Please smash set finish already.

In other news I finally opened my Ness and DeDeDe. Two of my favorites.

Ness was a problem to get for me since I was in the hospital but thanks the the restocks I'm good :)

I may open my Shulk today as well.

I'm not missing any U.S. versions yet.

Blues1990

All I need now is Lucas, & I think I'll be set. There aren't any other amiibo that have catched my fancy (so far), so I can at least mellow out for the time being.

I'm still waiting for Rosalina, Daisy, Toadette, Waluigi, Wario, & Donkey Kong to be added to the Super Mario Bros. line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom