• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

willizle02

Neo Member
Heads up regarding Amazon news:

[–]AmazonJosh [score hidden] 4 minutes ago

Hey everyone. I know how excited you are for what we have in store, but my team just had a discussion, and out of respect for Satoru Iwata, we’re going to be delaying our announcement by one day. Iwata was a visionary that had a near-immeasurable impact on the industry as a whole, and we didn’t want to simply ignore that and push forward without acknowledging. RIP Satoru Iwata.

Honestly, I can respect that.

CaVaYeRo

Spent some time 'playing' with the newest Amiibo series the other day, took a colorful/fun 18 picture gallery out of the usual case cabinet here:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/244404/Galer%EDa+de+fotos%3A+los+nuevos+Amiibo+de+Nintendo/

Here's four samples:

hqpicturegallery_1501644.jpg

hqpicturegallery_1501654.jpg

hqpicturegallery_1501674.jpg

hqpicturegallery_1501734.jpg

Tomita

Iwata's passing is crushing me, ugh. ): Have to go to a doctor's appointment and pretend to be perky. Glad Amazon is putting their announcement on hold.

Seeing those counterfeits really shows the quality control Nintendo has to go through for their products. Link's bent sword is one thing, but the shitty paint jobs on something easy like Kirby, and how Zelda and Cap Falcon are so bent to the side... Eeesh.

Adamator

You did a really great job. I made my account already.

One thing that might be nice is if you can view other people's collections on the site. Maybe make an option to let people browse other's collections or something.

I've been working on this as a little side project the last couple of weeks, and I think it's finally time to unleash it on the world and get some feedback.

Here's the site: http://amiibo.life/

It has all released and announced amiibo listed. (Tell me if I missed any!) If you create a free account, you can track and (optionally) share your collection and wish list.

For example, here's my modest collection: http://amiibo.life/users/LouieGeetoo/collection

And my wish list: http://amiibo.life/users/LouieGeetoo/wish-list

I hope it can be useful to the folks here. It's very much a work-in-progress, with lots of planned features (like release dates and game compatibility). If you've got any feedback or ideas for improvement, please PM them along!

kirby_fox

Banned
Cincinnati just had a huge Tornado Warning, so yeah. One more day, please. Also, my Wii Fit Trainer amiibo is on a USPS truck out for delivery in this mess.

We did? Sirens didn't even go off here. I had windows open listening to the rain and everything.

I'm curious if Amazon is preparing all of the September stuff now too. Would be crazy for them to already have preorders a couple months ahead.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got some shelves for my Amiibo. Wish they were a tad bigger, but will do for a while since Ganondorf and ZSS are the only announced/available ones I want that I don't have.

Just wanted to give a shout out and a huge thank you to ClayStatue. All the way from Australia to my little Ohio town in about a week.

Oy1TyVD.jpg

So far I've been pretty good about getting everything NA but since i had to settle for an EU Ike, I've been less caring about where exactly the figures come from.

It'll be nice to not have to rush out and get worried if I can snag a figure or not now. I still might swing by BB and see if I can get Dark Pit, but it wont be a huge priority.

Tomita

These guys are a lot smaller than I thought they'd be. I figured they would be the same size as Link.

I have to open mine, though :V

Only problem is it's like there's some glue stuck behind Ness in his hair? Hmm. I don't want to scratch the paint off trying to remove it...

Now I just need Lucas. And maybe Falco. And maybe ROB. lol

And that stupid Animal Crossing 3DS bundle to go on sale so I can preorder it so I can have the 3DS amiibo reader cause I don't have a bloody WiiU >:

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
These guys are a lot smaller than I thought they'd be. I figured they would be the same size as Link.

I have to open mine, though :V

Only problem is it's like there's some glue stuck behind Ness in his hair? Hmm. I don't want to scratch the paint off trying to remove it...

Now I just need Lucas. And maybe Falco. And maybe ROB. lol

And that stupid Animal Crossing 3DS bundle to go on sale so I can preorder it so I can have the 3DS amiibo reader cause I don't have a bloody WiiU >:

moiWSfviYKNgc.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, think I might actually get a New 3DS XL now. GameStop's doing a deal where you can get $100 towards one if you trade an OG 3DS, 2DS, or Vita, & I THINK there's a 50% bonus trade-in value thing as well, but I gotta see. It was mentioned on a receipt, but I threw it away & can't find it.

Might get me to go back to Codename Steam knowing I can finally use Marth & Ike. Though not sure if I'll bother with SSB since I stopped using them on the Wii U version.

Edit: Aside from the Animal Crossing game & Fire Emblem Fates, do we know of any other 3DS games that'll support amiibo? I'm still disappointed that one One Piece game didn't come over. Wanted to have Luffy dressed up as Mario & Luigi.

Tomita

Welp, think I might actually get a New 3DS XL now. GameStop's doing a deal where you can get $100 towards one if you trade an OG 3DS, 2DS, or Vita, & I THINK there's a 50% bonus trade-in value thing as well, but I gotta see. It was mentioned on a receipt, but I threw it away & can't find it.

Might get me to go back to Codename Steam knowing I can finally use Marth & Ike. Though not sure if I'll bother with SSB since I stopped using them on the Wii U version.

Edit: Aside from the Animal Crossing game & Fire Emblem Fates, do we know of any other 3DS games that'll support amiibo? I'm still disappointed that one One Piece game didn't come over. Wanted to have Luffy dressed up as Mario & Luigi.

You know they're releasing a peripheral that will let you use amiibo with a regular 3DS, yeah? I get wanting the New 3DS, just want to let you know that you don't have to buy one to use amiibo. It'll be coming out this fall.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I've been patient on that, but it'd be nice to finally upgrade considering my 3DS was a launch day model. Plus I wouldn't mind the bigger screen, hardware upgrades, & the ability to play Xenoblade 3D.

Gameboy415

Currently supported games:
-Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy +
-Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
-Super Smash Bros for 3DS
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
-Girls Mode 3 (JP Only)
-One Piece Super Grand Battle X (JP Only)

Upcoming:
-Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
-Chibi Robo! Zip Lash
-Fire Emblem Fates Birthright & Conquest
-Skylanders SuperChargers (supports the Bowser & DK hybrid-amiibo)

It hasn't been confirmed but I'd imagine Hyrule Warriors Legends will support amiibo too.

I have lists of all of the compatible figures for each game up on amiibros, if you're interested. :)

Tomita

Oh yeah, I've been patient on that, but it'd be nice to finally upgrade considering my 3DS was a launch day model. Plus I wouldn't mind the bigger screen, hardware upgrades, & the ability to play Xenoblade 3D.

All right. :D Sounds like a good deal, so go for it then!

I wish they would say if the 3DS Hyrule game is gonna use amiibo too or not so I can go buy a Link amiibo already. 'Cause, otherwise, I'm good with my Nendoroid Link.

Did you get amiibo of characters you like and wanted or did you just aim for "rare" ones? If the former and you are happy with your purchase, yes you did very well.

I think I wanna get the smash bros set eventually and I aimed to tick off what I thought were the rarer ones to start off with. That and I really like how rounder ones look. Gonna try and finish the fire emblem set next and then dark pit and palutena to round out that trio.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Chibi-Robo. I might get that now if I do get a New 3DS XL, even if the amiibo functionality is rather limited (just a "super" version of Chibi-Robo).

I wonder if HW Legends will just include the bonus weapons that were unlocked via amiibo (not that was there much to begin with...just Link & the Spinner). Trying to decide if I should sell it to put towards the New 3DS & then just get that version since it'd be portable, but daaammmnn if I don't feel like starting over from scratch, plus I bought the season pass. REALLY hope cross-save is confirmed.

& yup, One Piece Super Grand Battle X was the game I was thinking of. Considering Namco brought over other games relating to that series, seems strange this one didn't....

Speaking completely hypothetically, how far does GameStop's in-store one-per-customer restrictions on their exclusives go? If I come one day, buy one, see four more, come back the next day and there are still a couple left, am I then free to buy another one from the same employee?

Speaking completely hypothetically, how far does GameStop's in-store one-per-customer restrictions on their exclusives go? If I come one day, buy one, see four more, come back the next day and there are still a couple left, am I then free to buy another one from the same employee?

Completely hypothetically, I purchased King DeDeDe on Wednesday the 8th and used my free power up rewards card. I hypothetically visited a different GameStop on Thursday the 9th and was able to hypothetically purchase a second King DeDeDe, also using my free power up rewards membership. I may have also hypothetically purchased two Ness amiibo in the same hypothetical manner on those same hypothetical trips.

I was on Tenso and I noticed something about consolidation of packages. I've got the 3 Yarn Yoshis and Wave 5B coming from Amazon.co.jp with a 15 day span of of each other. They say you can save money on shipping but is it really worth it?

I was on Tenso and I noticed something about consolidation of packages. I've got the 3 Yarn Yoshis and Wave 5B coming from Amazon.co.jp with a 15 day span of of each other. They say you can save money on shipping but is it really worth it?

yes to avoid driving around, camping out, or waiting till stupid ass hours of the night to pre-order its worth it

zdefonte

Neo Member
I meant are there actually savings to doing the consolidation service
Savings vary. If you have two big separate orders, then yes, it's worth the consolidation. But if you have numerous single-item orders to consolidate, the consolidation fees add up very quickly (it's 500JPY for the first two packages, then plus 300JPY for each additional package). From my experience, my consoldation savings range from 600JPY to 900JPY, which doesn't sound much, but if you're already paying more than 3000JPY, the savings is significant enough.

Morts

My Ganondorf just showed up (went with a random seller on US Amazon). Now I just need Olimar and my 7 amiibo collection will be complete.

Savings vary. If you have two big separate orders, then yes, it's worth the consolidation. But if you have numerous single-item orders to consolidate, the consolidation fees add up very quickly (it's 500JPY for the first two packages, then plus 300JPY for each additional package). From my experience, my consoldation savings range from 600JPY to 900JPY, which doesn't sound much, but if you're already paying more than 3000JPY, the savings is significant enough.

I've got 2 orders so I'm going to do the service. Thank you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thinking it over, I'm kind of surprised Nintendo hasn't made a 3DS version of Amiibo Tap yet. Just swap SNES games for GB/C.

......though maybe they're waiting for that OG 3DS NFC reader to FINALLY be released.

Am_I_Evil

just cancelled my green & pink yoshi from Amazon Japan...i already have those 2 but ordered them again with the blue for trade fodder if i couldn't get 5B...now that i've got everything confirmed i cancelled those 2 and i will use Tenso's consolidation service to ship the blue with the other 3 (Olimar, Bowser Jr. & Dr. Mario)

Morts

Thinking it over, I'm kind of surprised Nintendo hasn't made a 3DS version of Amiibo Tap yet. Just swap SNES games for GB/C.

......though maybe they're waiting for that OG 3DS NFC reader to FINALLY be released.

I'm more surprised that we haven't seen SNES or GB Remix yet, but that's a grievance for another thread, I suppose.

You did a really great job. I made my account already.

One thing that might be nice is if you can view other people's collections on the site. Maybe make an option to let people browse other's collections or something.

Thanks! Yeah, that's a good idea -- I think I'll add a page where you can browse others' recently-updated collections and wish lists (as long as they're set to public).

For the new page:

I've been working on this as a little side project the last couple of weeks, and I think it's finally time to unleash it on the world and get some feedback.

Here's the site: http://amiibo.life/

It has all released and announced amiibo listed. (Tell me if I missed any!) If you create a free account, you can track and (optionally) share your collection and wish list.

For example, here's my modest collection: http://amiibo.life/users/LouieGeetoo/collection

And my wish list: http://amiibo.life/users/LouieGeetoo/wish-list

I hope it can be useful to the folks here. It's very much a work-in-progress, with lots of planned features (like release dates and game compatibility). If you've got any feedback or ideas for improvement, please PM them along!

DooD1234

Dr. Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr available at amazon.uk for anyone who don't want to deal with the September headache. Total came out $72 which is about $24 per amiibo. Worth it to me to avoid Septembers upcoming amiibogeddon and that just covering the Smash amiibos only.

1up

Dr. Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr available at amazon.uk for anyone who don't want to deal with the September headache. Total came out $72 which is about $24 per amiibo. Worth it to me to avoid Septembers upcoming amiibogeddon and that just covering the Smash amiibos only.

Thats crazy. I got the same exact order from Amazon.it and its 55 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom