• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now to sit back and enjoy the shipping horror stories that are sure to fill up this thread in the coming week. I don't trust Amazon at all with this, even having paid top dollar for shipping.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, she's still up? UGH, A CHEAP COMMON, PRE-ORDER CANCELLED.

Amazon did amazing well compared to Wave 4 characters

Seeing a bunch of names I've never seen post in the thread exclaiming "GOT ONE!":

W0aFnCg.png
Haven't post in ages. Amiibo will eat my soul for eternity.

LiK

Now to sit back and enjoy the shipping horror stories that are sure to fill up this thread in the coming week. I don't trust Amazon at all with this, even having paid top dollar for shipping.

i've been lucky with them. i guess it depends on the warehouse

willizle02

Neo Member

In some cases, it can just be your local post office that isn't giving a shit and ruining boxes.
That's one thing I absolutely love about living in San Diego, all my packages arrive perfectly. Other than that, I can never find any amiibo in stores.
Common or otherwise.

I came home from work and saw an e-mail from Amazon in my inbox that Palutena was going to be up at 5 PM EST. I figured since it was 5:20 already they'd be out of stock but I went and checked anyway...lo and behold she was still in stock!

Even though I didn't particularly want her that badly, somehow I ended up buying her anyway just for the novelty of the fact that I didn't have to rush and hunt and peck for her figure...huh. Good job Amazon.

Hopefully Bowser Jr.'s preorders will be as easy?

zulux21

Hopefully Bowser Jr.'s preorders will be as easy?

unless nintendo gives amazon as much stock with them as they did this one it's doubtful it will be as easy, but given amazon figured out that it's better to just have people f5ing at a given time instead of an entire window you will at least have a good shot at getting bowser jr on amazon.

Got Palutena. I really don't know why, I don't like her facial features. I thought it would come out a tad better. Oh well. Thank goodness Amazon knows how to sell an exclusive.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got Palutena. I really don't know why, I don't like her facial features. I thought it would come out a tad better. Oh well. Thank goodness Amazon knows how to sell an exclusive.

image.php

Because you're a collector!

Traffic was pretty rough at first, but I have managed to successfully order my Palutena amiibo. Gotta wait until next Friday for my item to arrive, as well as an email confirm on when it will start shipping.

ZSS is next!!

chidrock

Is this a good sign for Dark Pit at Best Buy? I tried ordering a Japanese one with Palutena for free shipping, but it fell off and I was too nervous to go back for another one lol.

I already had a JP Palutena, but ordered one anyway in hopes that the paint job will be better. If it's not, I'll have one to trade. If it is, I'll have a loose one to trade.

I'm wondering if this is a one-time shot. She's still available, 30 minutes later, but if she's gone later this evening, is she gone for good!?

Toki767

Is this a good sign for Dark Pit at Best Buy? I tried ordering a Japanese one with Palutena for free shipping, but it fell off and I was too nervous to go back for another one lol.

Doubt it. Best Buys are pegged to be getting 20-30 each.

I already had a JP Palutena, but ordered one anyway in hopes that the paint job will be better. If it's not, I'll have one to trade. If it is, I'll have a loose one to trade.

I'm wondering if this is a one-time shot. She's still available, 30 minutes later, but if she's gone later this evening, is she gone for good!?

She'll probably be gone unless Amazon can get Nintendo to make more.

Rocky

Banned
unless nintendo gives amazon as much stock with them as they did this one it's doubtful it will be as easy, but given amazon figured out that it's better to just have people f5ing at a given time instead of an entire window you will at least have a good shot at getting bowser jr on amazon.

Is Bowser Jr. Amazon exclusive as well?

Sponge

Banned
Nabbed Palutena! I thought I'd have so much trouble getting her because I worked today, but that was easier than expected!

Thoraxes

Official "Exclusive Retailer" tier list:

God-tier: Amazon
Top-Tier: Target
Mid-Tier: Toys R Us
Bottom-Tier: Gamestop
BWAHAHAHAHAHA Tier: Best Buy

Honestly the only stores I had problems with are Gamestop because of their servers fucking up and poor availability, and Best Buy because WTF are they doing.

Every other store visit has been pleasant for me. Especially TRU because they had massive amounts of stock for the ones I went to.

Nighteater

Neo Member

I would move Best Buy up higher (before dark pit) only because at least they're consistent with the times that items go live on their site. Target on the other hand...

40 minutes so far. I wonder if Amazon greatly overestimated the rate she'd sell, or if they intentionally gave the much smaller 15 minute window while internally expecting it to take longer, just to be safe in case demand outstripped expectations.

prateeko

I look forward to see how this list changes as people actually RECEIVE their items and see the variability in packing Amazon has across its warehouses. Those things are built for speed, not safety which is why I don't get my CEs from there anymore. Hell, my order already cannot be canceled and is set to arrive by Sunday. I'm sure who ever is packing that is focused on speed since there's literally thousands of new orders coming in which has to represent some surge compared to a normal Friday.

Got home late to see Palutena still up. Only wish I could order one but... I just can't afford it right now. It sucks but I think I have to let her go for now and get one some day later on. Thrilled for you guys and gals who got one though, and welcome to the new batch (lurkers or otherwise) of amiibo hunters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom