• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

2015-07-2513.51.3925pjv.jpg

Velcro Fly

I would buy a second Wario if it meant he was wearing his old outfit instead. I think the Super Mario one that was shown months ago did have him in his purple overalls

Australia has gotten really good with stock lately. Gotten all of Wave 1 back, lots of the supposed "rares" from other waves are in and the recent waves of Greninja/Jiggs onwards have been plentiful, I was able to walk in a store a few days after release and pick my favourite paint job out of the one's on the shelves.

DSC_07482_zpsau8dbzhr.jpg

DSC_07502_zpsslna9qzc.jpg

DSC_07522_zpsya4o8lkk.jpg

DSC_07532_zpsqusrx0za.jpg

im legit mad at you. screw you, i wish i had those

G0523

I would buy a second Wario if it meant he was wearing his old outfit instead. I think the Super Mario one that was shown months ago did have him in his purple overalls

What's going on with that line? Are they going to release any more characters? I would love to have a Waluigi amiibo.

Wulfric

Aww, I just got my work schedule and I can't be at Best Buy until 1:30. How are the "Fuffilled by Amazon" sellers for Japanese amiibo? JP Dark Pit is ~$20, so I might go that route for Pit if Best Buy doesn't have any. I wanted to use my rewards coupon this week. ._.

Bowser Jr. looks really good though. I'll have to rearrange the shelf and put him by Papa Bowser when he comes out.

Rootbeer

Banned
waiting on my dr mario, olimar and bowser jr. to arrive is torture...

i ordered from amazon.es and the delivery is taking almost one full month. insane.

sigh. guess i'll have them sometime around aug 10th.

If you are an American be aware of what you are getting yourself into

Not only is the wait bad, but I hate long delivery times because the longer they are in transit, the more time there is for something to go wrong (severe damage, or them getting lost/stolen)

I'm just having trouble understanding why they canceled. "Limit one per customer." Okay, I'm a customer, he's a customer. Like, really? But as I said, they were different accounts, addresses and credit cards.

*EDIT* Geez:

Just found out the second one I was going to give to an online friend (thankfully I didn't tell him, so he won't be bummed lol) was similarly cancelled. I bought one on my Amazon account and sent it to my girlfriend's house (where I regularly send packages) and the other on my mother's account, which was sent to my house. Different payment methods, different names, different accounts, everything. I recently added my account to my mom's Amazon Prime family sharing, but I had and regularly used my account for years before they were linked. Kind of ridiculous.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out the second one I was going to give to an online friend (thankfully I didn't tell him, so he won't be bummed lol) was similarly cancelled. I bought one on my Amazon account and sent it to my girlfriend's house (where I regularly send packages) and the other on my mother's account, which was sent to my house. Different payment methods, different names, different accounts, everything. I recently added my account to my mom's Amazon Prime family sharing, but I had and regularly used my account for years before they were linked. Kind of ridiculous.

This looks like it's line the same to my IP scalpung idea I posted up above. Not saying it's fair but I get it.

Aww, I just got my work schedule and I can't be at Best Buy until 1:30. How are the "Fuffilled by Amazon" sellers for Japanese amiibo? JP Dark Pit is ~$20, so I might go that route for Pit if Best Buy doesn't have any.
If you know you can't make it to in time for opening, then get a Dark Pit before the price rises. You're only spending an extra $5 to get it guaranteed and early.

NEO0MJ

Australia has gotten really good with stock lately. Gotten all of Wave 1 back, lots of the supposed "rares" from other waves are in and the recent waves of Greninja/Jiggs onwards have been plentiful, I was able to walk in a store a few days after release and pick my favourite paint job out of the one's on the shelves.

DSC_07532_zpsqusrx0za.jpg

Why couldn't this be Iggy ( ._.)

Josh5890

My Goddess arrived. It was waiting for me after my golf round. There was an opening in the top right corner where the plastic and cardboard meet but that won't be a problem for me since I plan on opening all of my amiibos eventually

Velcro Fly

If I wasn't waiting to open my 5A until I get 5B and the Yarn Yoshis I would have started KI:U again by now :(

Palutena amiibo face reminds me of amy schumer for some reason

Maengun1

I think the Palu faces look pretty good myself, but people weren't kidding about that man-hand yeesh.

So envious of the Bowser Jr. pics! He's definitely on my "will do anything to get" list. Like, back when I was planning on just getting 4 or 5 amiibo instead of every one I could find (LOL) he was on that list.

What's going on with that line? Are they going to release any more characters? I would love to have a Waluigi amiibo.

if i had to guess the reason we havent seen the rest of the mario party cast as amiibo is cause sales for the mario line didnt meet nintendo's expectations compared to the smash line. You can walk into almost every store and buy the entire line seems like there just shelf warmers at this point.

Sushigod7

Got my Palutena today they packed in to small of a box crunched the bubble. Sent them pictures though and they refunded already. Amazon CS is always rockin it.

Chucker

Unlike my other Sunday delivery of Robin, Palutena made it unscathed.

Didn't matter since I promptly threw her out of the box and on the shelf, but nice to see Amazon maybe listened.

Maybe?

Jetku

Litterally one bubble cushion in my box... Come on...

Slightly bent box, but doesn't matter to me as she's already free

Just got the amiibo a little while ago, it was packaged perfectly, with the bubble wrap and everything..but I do notice that the amiibo itself, the box that it comes in, its a tiny bit dented on the top of it, the left side and the right side..got the amiibo for 8.71 shipped(Since I had an amazon credit of 5 dollars) is this minor dent worth reporting or should I just leave it alone?

Nighteater

Neo Member
Mine came with a DVD and no padding. No damage on package though, more upset about palutena's leaning but whatever seems to be a common thing due to her pose.

My box came bent sideways with no protection lol. I received a 50% refund from customer service though. She's probably the best amiibo though by far. Ready to complete my Uprising set Friday.

Kitoro

Damn, I take a couple weeks off from this thread to find out Palutena already came and went as an Amazon exclusive. @_@

I guess my best bet for her now is the FBA JP import version for $24 and change?

Damn, I take a couple weeks off from this thread to find out Palutena already came and went as an Amazon exclusive. @_@

I guess my best bet for her now is the FBA JP import version for $24 and change?

Honestly, that's a pretty good price. For those without Prime that paid shipping and Tax, that's not too far off, especially if you're just going to open here anyway.

Olimar, Bowser Jr and Dr Mario arrived today.

Olimar is my new favourite amiibo, he's absolutely top quality, the three little Pikmin are gorgeous, his transparent helmet is great, and his little whistle and backpack are so cute <3

Bowser Jr is pretty cool too, but nothing standout.

Dr Mario I guess is the same but out of the whole Smash roster he's the one I couldn't give two shits about so yeah (though Mii Fighter is in the same boat I guess, and I still haven't put in a preorder for the three of them because three is a lot of money compared to the single Dr Mario >_>).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom