• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkurz

Banned
Dr. Mario came today! Very excited. They're all ready to be our wedding cake toppers in October! (i'm a pediatrician)

IMG_0419.jpg

Anime

Neo Member
This exclusive nonsense is really testing my limits on the amiibo game.

Well i suppose i can wait for the inevitable restock.

Wil348

I managed to get the last Dr Mario from one of my local stores yesterday. I must say, he looks absolutely fantastic, however that's not really saying much considering all of the Mario Amiibos (Smash and SMB series') look great. Overall, I have five Amiibos now, including Luigi, Sonic, Dr Mario, Megaman, and Green Squid. I'm not an avid collector but I like picking them up from time to time.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Damn, Dark Pit went on sale online? What a bunch of fucking liars. Totally missed it.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Hopefully someone got an extra and can trade. PM me what you need.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Dark Pit went on sale online? What a bunch of fucking liars. Totally missed it.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Hopefully someone got an extra and can trade. PM me what you need.

image.php

Ever since AmiiboGAF started your avatar is perfectly applicable and never not funny. :)

Piscus

Random totally theoretical question... When you use your Pro card at gamestop, do you have to show your ID with it?

Josh5890

Got my Dark Pit. Was number 12 in line out of 22 with a supposed 15 more on the way.

As for Gamestop next Saturday, I have work so I'm in a pickle. Hopefully they aren't exclusive otherwise I may have to get someone to cover for me. Not to mention I will have to upgrade my membership card.

Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Olimar came in the mail today from Amazon.es! 3 weeks before I expected them!

dLtg8wc.jpg

I <3 importing. Diggeh knows where it's at.

jon_dojah

Banned
My loose collection is currently complete and now just waiting on Wave 6. Also still need 5b in NA packaging. Detolf filling up:

smashy_zpskgrgiocn.jpg

Samaritan

Walked into the Best Buy in Boise, ID at around 3PM today and they still had over a dozen Dark Pits just sitting out on a table. If anyone is in the area, it could very well be possible they'll still have some.

kirby_fox

Banned
With Dark Pit now over...I guess it's just a waiting game for the rest. With 13 amiibo next month, anyone thinking we may see the wave split so we see some this month instead?

Just feels like it'd make more sense to do 6 or 7 then do another 6 or 7 (plus all the others) in September. The only thing I can think of is releasing some to all retailers and then having 6 exclusives at each major retailer with their own date of release and spreading that throughout the month. I'd say there could be another retailer joining in (so 7 exclusives) but I have no idea what store that could be without joking or being saddened by how no one will get it.

Oh god...I read a story the other day that there was a rumor about Nintendo thinking of launching their own competitor to LootCrate. What if...they had an exclusive amiibo to the service?...oh god...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thanks to LINE I got Dark Pit in the middle of a museum in Costa Rica on a weak ass 3G signal.

Very pleased. ;)

Edit; GameStop 3-pack on 8/8!? I still won't be home yet. Argh! Please show up online.

Maengun1

Ooh, very interested in the Gamestop 3-pack. To be honest I was probably going to pass on ROB, but I definitely need G&W and Duck Hunt and if there's even a couple bucks shaved off the total price it's worth it. Plus, actual pre-orders being back? What is this, December 2014?

I fear Bowser Jr. will be an exclusive now though if none of those 3 are :(

skaflone721

Neo Member
I posted this over on r/Amiibo but wanted to post here for some discussion on the Gamestop event on 8/8

"This whole things sounds very troubling for several reasons.

We know G&W, DH and R.O.B are seen as not as popular to Nintendo. Which means they probably won't be making a shit ton.

Now, there's what, about 4000 GS stores in the US. Each is getting 30 preorders. That's 120,000 of EACH Amiibo.

I don't think there's been anything that has had such high numbers. Even with a restock, Rosalina and Jigglypuff sit at like 70-80k total/each.

So how are other stores going to get in on the fun? What if there are no separate versions in the US and this is Gamestop's triple exclusive?

Which leads to Gamestop. Expect tons of people to just get the PRO card since it's not a lot of money and the prices some of these people pay with shipping/importing/buying from scalpers, $15 shouldn't be much. Leaving all the people who refuse to waste money on that with scraps, possibly maybe a hand full.

Of course this won't happen everywhere, but places like NYC and vicinity are vulnerable to this due to the sheer amount of people.

It's shameful Gamestop takes every opportunity to squeeze money out of their customers when no other companies even attempt the stuff GS does. Gutted games sold as new (now Gamestop.com does this too), expensive bundlings with unneeded items, prices over MSRP on some stuff, slow and bad customer support, etc."

image.php

Ever since AmiiboGAF started your avatar is perfectly applicable and never not funny. :)

Lol.

They amiibos bring out the anger.

Velcro Fly

Looks like I'm going to get

- 3 yarn yoshi amiibo (who have higher MSRP because of material)
- all of wave 5B (Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Olimar)
- international shipping from Japan

for around $90-95.

seems like a steal depending on what the yarn yoshi amiibo MSRP ends up being in NA.

once they arrive my opening party can finally commence with those six, ness, rosalina, ganondorf, dark pit, palutena, and ZSS

Playing smash 3DS this morning on the new stages made me realize how much I really enjoy the game even just fooling around against the CPU for an hour. No regrets for the amiibo game.

VICI0US

Now to see how crazy the rumored GameStop 3-pack is going to be. I anticipate waiting in a large line. :p

wonder if there's any truth to the "pro members are allowed in an hour early" aspect of the rumor

my pro memberships still good for a couple months so here's hoping

Tomita

It's shameful Gamestop takes every opportunity to squeeze money out of their customers when no other companies even attempt the stuff GS does. Gutted games sold as new (now Gamestop.com does this too), expensive bundlings with unneeded items, prices over MSRP on some stuff, slow and bad customer support, etc."

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

You know, I try to give Gamestop a chance and still buy shit from there when possible verses going to a Best Buy or some shit, but fuck it. They're dead to me now.
Unless Lucas is an exclusive there.

Duck Hunt, ROB, & Mr. Game & Watch are listed on Amazon.de.

Duck Hunt:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B010N9S40U/

ROB:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B010N9S3Y2/

Mr. Game & Watch:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B010N9S3ZG/

Duck Hunt was flickering in-stock for me upon refreshing the page but I haven't been able to add any of them to my cart.

*EDIT* Looks like they went up a few hours ago and may have sold out already according to Reddit, d'oh... :(
Really can't wait for Duck Hunt to go up on NA Amazon and(please don't let it be store exclusive anywhere please) only after specific amiibos here and I love Duck Hunt will buy one to keep sealed and another to open and display right next to my TV.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Really can't wait for Duck Hunt to go up on NA Amazon and(please don't let it be store exclusive anywhere please) only after specific amiibos here and I love Duck Hunt will buy one to keep sealed and another to open and display right next to my TV.

image.php

"Go up on NA Amazon"

KingBroly

Banned
So...the rumor recap is...

Retro 3-pack (ROB, G&W and Duck Hunt) exclusive to Gamestop
Bowser Jr. exclusive to Toys R Us
Dr. Mario exclusive to Target (supposedly)

Mii Fighter 3-pack, ZSS, Ganondorf, Olimar available everywhere

Jury's still out on 8-bit Mario amiibo and Yarn Yoshis

Velcro Fly

Dr. Mario apparently not showing up in TRU systems meaning he's exclusive

So glad I don't deal with the NA bullshit. I am one fewer person every NA collector has to deal with I guess.

I want that 3 pack but I'll settle for the individuals from amazon jp whenever they go up.

Same for the Miis.

Refuse to believe the 8-bit Marios are going to be hard to get after Silver Mario

IF this is all true, then

- The GameStop 3-Pack should be doable for me considering I live by 4 GS and I'll happen to be out the supposed morning they'll announce it so while it is dumb, I could likely get one.
- Bowser Jr. might not be so bad. I've had good luck with TRU lately and especially with the last wave so I like to think they'd be good again.

- Fine with this, especially with Olimar being everywhere. I'd really, really like to get two of my Smash 4 main. Please, Nintendo.

- I'm going to pass on the 8-bit Mario but I will be getting the Yarn Yoshis.

SaviourMK2

Does anyone else think Zero Suit Samus will be on par with Lucinia/Robin availability during launch?

As in theres tons of Bowser Jrs, and Marios but not enough Samus or Ganonorfs?

Velcro Fly

And really the leaked info, figuring out who is exclusive where, when they are coming out, etc. is way more fun than actually buying or using them.

Ridley327

FWIW, the details about that rumor made it sound like that Gamestop wouldn't be getting individual releases of those three, which leaves the door open on them being available at other retailers.

Chucker

Was at GameStop picking up a new One controller and the dude was pushing PURPro pretty hard. Asked me if I was in to Amiibos, and I said yeah.
He said it would be in my best interest to renew for an event.
I say, the one on the 8th? He acts shocked "How did you know?!"
The Internet, I reply.
"Somebody is going to get us all fired, I swear to God"

So it sounds like the extra hour is confirmed.

Zubz

Banned
Yo! I read about DHD being in a 3-Pack. I don't want/need the 3-Pack, but I'm doing it. I'm getting up and showing up at GameStop an hour early next week. Then I'm out of the game for good! ... Or until this scarcity disaster subsides.

kirby_fox

Banned
Was at GameStop picking up a new One controller and the dude was pushing PURPro pretty hard. Asked me if I was in to Amiibos, and I said yeah.
He said it would be in my best interest to renew for an event.
I say, the one on the 8th? He acts shocked "How did you know?!"
The Internet, I reply.
"Somebody is going to get us all fired, I swear to God"

So it sounds like the extra hour is confirmed.

Sounds like if you don't have that card, no reason to go unless you're buying that card...

If you want two, you had better hope it's not NA Amazon exclusive or you'll need a really good plan in place that involves no less than sixteen people, the neon sign from the 1999 Adam Sandler comedy, "Big Daddy" and a truckload of that special mud the MLB rubs on baseballs.

Chucker

Sounds like if you don't have that card, no reason to go unless you're buying that card...
Well, I don't know about all that, but he said the hour early was confirmed.

Edit: That said, there are three GameStop stores in my area that you can throw a rock at from the other. All 3 stores would have to be slammed for me to not make it. My wife is due any day now though, so it may be moot anyway lol.

Tyeforce

The Robot (R.O.B.) amiibo hasn't gone up for sale in Japan yet, has it? I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to import that one...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, what if the Retro 3-pack of amiibo at GameStop is the only way to get the Famicom colored ROB in the US while every other place sells him in the NES style colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom