• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Tenso.com, register for free and then you have to send them some documents to verify your address; I scanned my drivers license. Once you do that, they give you an address in Japan -- their sorting facility -- and that's what you ship your Amazon JP orders to. They email you when they get packages of yours and you log in and ship them (and pay for the shipping). It's wicked easy.

They also let you consolidate multiple packages into one if you want to wait for other orders before shipping. It'll save you some money.

I guess I would have to have it all shipped to my old address. Do they provide tracking when shipping from tenso to you?

nubcake

Neo Member
Lol Nintendo, lol Best Buy. All the stores within an hour of where I live are out already. Only one anywhere near me with stock is Sarasota because Best Buy can't forecast and still doesn't realize that no one ever goes to that store.

RPG

we have 2 best buys, both got 55.

I got there maybe 40 minutes early and found they were doing tickets. I was #31. quite a few more people showed up before opening, I'd say they easily sold out stock with just the people waiting for them to open.
I still don't understand with the urban sprawl the Springs has, we only have 2 stores.

Drove by my Best Buy after work. I don't know why. It almost felt like I was going to identify some remains of a friend who died. And you've got the small bit of hope, it's not them, but deep down you know it is.

Ok, maybe a tad overdramatic.

Turns out they only got 18 in. Are people feeling hopeful for a 2nd shipment or do I turn to eBay/import options?

Best Buy in Hialeah Gardens, FL... got there at 9:10AM. 27 people or so in front of me. 30 minutes later, staff lets a few people at a time get Dark Pitt A family of four got four Dark Pits...

I got mine not long after. Friends told me that Dadeland Mall BB is sold out, as well as the one in Bird Road and the BB in 88th St and 120th Ave. The BB in Doral near Dolphin Mall sold out when I got there.

Probably sold out across the country by the end of tonight.
Should this not be allowed? I thought it was one per person?

Lol Nintendo, lol Best Buy. All the stores within an hour of where I live are out already. Only one anywhere near me with stock is Sarasota because Best Buy can't forecast and still doesn't realize that no one ever goes to that store.

Wait were you the one asking in the Florida Amiibo group about Tallahassee and Oceola?

ryuen

Best Buy Emeryville was kind of a breeze. Saw a long line at the register, and the person that was like 5 spots ahead of me got the last one. Strolled to the gaming side feeling defeated, and there were like 10+ just hanging out.

Mzo

My Best Buy had 45, I was 47th in line =[

Text my gf the sad news, turns out she had gotten me a Dark Pit without saying anything.

Keeper.

bigkrev

I can't believe Dark Pit is going to be the amiibo that is going to cause me to start importing.

I don't want to spend more money...

Maybe I'm just done.

Once I discovered my time/sanity was worth more than the 6 dollar price difference, my life has improved tenfold!

HardRojo

A friend of mine went to pick up one for me since it was pre-ordered already here in Peru and I got a nasty cold. She'd better not sell it off for some profit :p
18zhWcl.jpg

Nope I'm in the Tampa area.

oh ok. Nice to see more FL-GAF members.Theres a Florida Amiibo group on facebook btw (and this goes to all FL GAF) that is really great. People try to give heads ups whenever they can. There's also trading and selling there too. I dont think this counts as advertising because it's just a facebook group for amiibo collectors...

Gunsmithx

Ended up getting mine. We had about 60+ people in line and only 41 got it or so. I don't even like Dark Pit but it does look cool, so I might just keep it.

The Best Buy was in Doral, Florida.

LOL I was at that one, like number 35 or so, thankfully only waited like 40 minutes though, hot as hell out there.

kirby_fox

Banned
Man, the horror stories. If I lived anywhere else and had the troubles you all had, I wouldn't even bother with amiibo. Especially when there's stores that had people camp out at 5 AM this morning around here apparently.

My luck has to be running out, right?

I got Captain Falcon by walking into a Target an hour after my cousin saw the last one sitting on the shelf. I got a Pit because Meijer happened to have 3 and held one for me late in the day. I got Rosalina by walking into Target at almost 9 AM and grabbing the last one on the shelf. I left my place when the store opened for Greninja and Dark Pit, and I was able to get Palutena while on break at work with only a minute of my break left.

I'm not completely lucky. I didn't get Ness, I had to wait for round 2 of online preorders for wave 4 for all of them. I had to import Villager and Marth. But somehow I've had really great luck for a lot of these.

Toki767

Pretty sure both locations in San Francisco and the next city over in Colma are sold out of Dark Pit now and they all had 50+ each.

GameStop is going to be so weird next week. Especially in cities where there are tons of GameStops around. It's not even confirmed that each store will have 30 either so that kind of sucks.

Well, Dark Pit was extraordinarily pain-free. Got there less than 20 minutes before opening and was 27th in line. They ended up having 47, with plenty left after the line wrapped up. They didn't staple numbers to the boxes or any weird-ass stuff like that either. Ended up going to another nearby store around 10:30 and they had probably 15-20 on the shelf, so I picked one up for a friend. Needless to say I'm glad that I didn't go as early as I had wanted lol.

Also, amiiboGAF is surprisingly slow for a release day. Amiibo hype is dad?

AdanVC

Come to the dark side of amiibo hunting.......Importing!

I did that with a Ness amiibo... I spend almost 50 bucks on a Japanese Ness alone and because of that, I pretty much quit the amiibo game and I'm not bothering on collect more anymore. I'm just gonna get the 8-bit Mario amiibo and maaaaaaaaaaybee a couple more of the Smash line. But never ever gonna pay that amount for an amiibo again.

The_Kid

If Gamestop really is letting in pro members early to preorder on 8/8, that is pretty shady. How many people will buy the membership just to have a shot at preordering?

Toki767

If Gamestop really is letting in pro members early to preorder on 8/8, that is pretty shady. How many people will buy the membership just to have a shot at preordering?

It's shady, but not nearly as shady as some Toys R Us stores requiring people to sign up for credit cards just to buy Greninja.

Man, that is shady. Well luckily I have more than $15 in Power Points so if anything I can buy a membership if it comes to that.

Wanderer5

Well hopefully Gamestop won't have it as bad as the Wave 4 meltdown heh heh. Wonder when the Wave 6 stuff is going to be up for preorders.

Chucker

If ZSS gets close to $20 shipped I'll just skip the drama and import, other than Duck Hunt I think I'm good until Lucas and Ryu

Frogstep

I'm amazed at how pain free Dark Pit was. First 30 people got a numbered paper that pretty much guaranteed you one as long as you showed up before 1pm when they'd start selling to anyone. After that I just went back to my car and napped till the store opened. :p

LiK

If ZSS gets close to $20 shipped I'll just skip the drama and import, other than Duck Hunt I think I'm good until Lucas and Ryu

$20 amiibo imports been popping up on US Amazon with Prime shipping. I think a lot of resellers are happy with a few bucks of profit now.

JavyOO7

I'm glad I didn't get up and go stand in line. If I can't get one here I have my $21 import shipping out next week.

It was painless at the Hialeah Gardens store where I lived though. Sure it was hot and soggy out but I only had to wait for about an hour. Not too bad for $14 bucks.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It was painless at the Hialeah Gardens store where I lived though. Sure it was hot and soggy out but I only had to wait for about an hour. Not too bad for $14 bucks.
Best Buy opens when I start work, so I would've had to take some time off. Plus give up valuable sleep time, haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, they kind of hyped up he'd be in-store only, & while I'm glad he'll be online, kind of annoying they waited until later in the day to be all "OH BTW HE'LL BE ONLINE"

How have the launches of the last two (Paultena/Dark Pit) gone as far as stock? I've been taking a break until the huge Sept. wave launches since I wasn't interested in those two. Have supply issues improved?

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I did that with a Ness amiibo... I spend almost 50 bucks on a Japanese Ness alone and because of that, I pretty much quit the amiibo game and I'm not bothering on collect more anymore. I'm just gonna get the 8-bit Mario amiibo and maaaaaaaaaaybee a couple more of the Smash line. But never ever gonna pay that amount for an amiibo again.

Importing sucks in a why that you have to pay more, but it rocks because you don't lose any sleep over the hunt. Which is almost impossible to find rare amiibo in the wild. That is why I import!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom