• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If you've used Tenso before, it's actually just a matter of ordering it from Amazon Japan for ~1500yen. Or you could even get it shipped straight to you from a seller with global shipping since it's a book rather than restricted video game merch like amiibo.

Wait, the magazine is on Amazon JP right now? I didn't see it go up!

Hmm...Tempting. Importing a magazine for an amiibo card, eh...

Shoyz

I've sold 25 Amiibo.
10 more to go o_O

Sad times are sad

I'm in the process of trading 9 amiibos to different people for games x streaming stuff
The dream is dead in collecting all of them, dumb ass Nintendo of America ruined it

I'll just keep my falcon, toon link, mega man, meta knight and random others

Hmmm I need a Lucario and shulk ASAP, to the amiibo trade thread

Gameboy415

I went ahead and renewed my Power Up Rewards card at Gamestop today (for $1.24 out of pocket thanks to an extra copy of Wii Sports I traded in!) and chatted with the Manager for a bit.
He confirmed they are definitely opening an hour early for Pro members for an amiibo event on Saturday (so, 9AM instead of 10), but he hadn't gotten full details on exactly what will be available yet.

Today I got my Amiibo Card 'Sleeves' from amiami. As expected, they're hard cases rather than sleeves (in fact, they don't even appear to be hard sleeves, as they look to be 'Mini Snap' cases which involve two separate halves sealing the card shut).

I don't believe this type of protector is very effective as I've heard they're prone to popping open when dropped, nor do I know if a sleeve would fit inside. You can find non-branded ones for half the price of the amiibo ones. I'd definitely sooner suggest a Penny Sleeve + Top Loader + Team Bag combo.

That said, I bought them just as an amiibo collectible, and wasn't sure how/if they were branded at all or just standard cases. The rainbow band and text are all just a cardboard backing, the cases themselves do however have the black 'amiibo' (and japanese translation) logo printed on the bottom of each.

Interesting! Any chance you could share a pic?

Shoyz

Interesting! Any chance you could share a pic?

Sure

GWi7r7N.png

Gameboy415

Looks cool, thanks for posting the pic! :)

I'm really curious to see what other amiibo accessories Nintendo will release/license out now that they're doing cards.
Hopefully there will be a fancy binder for each series, at the very least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still would like to know the actual price of the 3-pack. Guessing it'll be $35, same price as Splatoon 3-pack?

I just noticed, it's one single box. Notice there's only one Amiibo logo on the bottom instead of 3 for each character.

Toki767

Some additional info: It looks like each store should be able to take 32 pre-orders with really busy stores getting more. Its only the 3-pack available and we are opening an hour early for PUR members.

According to the flyer, you guys are opening an hour early for everyone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some additional info: It looks like each store should be able to take 32 pre-orders with really busy stores getting more. Its only the 3-pack available and we are opening an hour early for PUR members.

Yeah same price
Oh wow, 32? My town's a bit smaller (there probably wasn't even 10 people when GS opened on Wave 4's launch, with about 12 for Jigglypuff at Target), so won't have to rush there first thing in the morning, despite the fact I can go there early being a PUR member.

& kind of hoped for $30 instead of $35, but oh well, still a fair price. Just will have to earn credit via Bing & all those reward sites.

Ridley327

Oh wow, 32? My town's a bit smaller (there probably wasn't even 10 people when GS opened on Wave 4's launch, with about 12 for Jigglypuff at Target), so won't have to rush there first thing in the morning, despite the fact I can go there early being a PUR member.

& kind of hoped for $30 instead of $35, but oh well, still a fair price. Just will have to earn credit via Bing & all those reward sites.

$35 is the same price as the Splatoon 3-pack, so it's in line with expectations.

Toki767

I'll be out of town as well :( And considering you cannot transfer preorders between stores...

Can any amiibros help us out?!?

It's 1 per customer so I don't know that anyone will be able to help out until day of release in the event there are extras somewhere.

It's 1 per customer so I don't know that anyone will be able to help out until day of release in the event there are extras somewhere.

Well I mean if someone could bring a friend that isn't intending on getting one. :p

My buddy is going to try and help me out, he has two GSes within a mile of his house, he'll preorder one for himself then go to another and give my name.

//ARCANUM

Is this three pack a GameStop exclusive? That would seriously SUCK if all 3 of this wave are only available in this 1 three pack and only at GameStop.

Toki767

Is this three pack a GameStop exclusive? That would seriously SUCK if all 3 of this wave are only available in this 1 three pack and only at GameStop.

That seems to be the news that the guy on reddit was saying. GameStop employee that passed him the flyer was under the impression that these 3 are exclusive to this bundle at GameStop with no individual packages.

So interesting news...that flier is apparently fake. According to the GS I called, they won't be available for preorder, they will be actually SELLING THEM on Saturday.

//ARCANUM

So interesting news...that flier is apparently fake. According to the GS I called, they won't be available for preorder, they will be actually SELLING THEM on Saturday.

hahahaha i really hope this is a trolling, otherwise whoever you talked to is dumber than dumb.

edit - also:

image.php

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I highly doubt they'd be selling them that day. In fact, I might swing by mine tomorrow & ask, as the employees there are a bit more open with me.

Hell, they've even set aside amiibo for me when I call & ask. It's how I managed to get Marth during his 2-per-store reprint.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to that flier (assuming it's true), it looked like one box. On the bottom, there was just one "Amiibo" logo (similar to the Splatoon 3-pack box) instead of 3, one for each character. They probably just smushed all 3 box arts into one.

According to that flier (assuming it's true), it looked like one box. On the bottom, there was just one "Amiibo" logo (similar to the Splatoon 3-pack box) instead of 3, one for each character. They probably just smushed all 3 box arts into one.
Ah, I missed that somehow. I wonder if that's the Famicom ROB as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would be amazed if Famicom-colored ROB was a GS exclusive to that 3-pack. It'd be kind of nice & a bonus to getting the 3-pack since I wanted those three mainly in this wave, though.

That seems to be the news that the guy on reddit was saying. GameStop employee that passed him the flyer was under the impression that these 3 are exclusive to this bundle at GameStop with no individual packages.
We are not selling them individually, I can confirm that.

the flyer might just be something a SM doctored up for their store. We are taking pre-orders and they are out 9/11

Adamator

Are the 3 figures in the retro 3 pack actually exclusive to GameStop or is just this specific set of the 3 exclusive?

In other words, will these amiibo be sold individually elsewhere?

Meeps

I love this back and forth drama about whether or not I need to waste an extra $15 on these things for Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom