• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenpp72

How have the launches of the last two (Paultena/Dark Pit) gone as far as stock? I've been taking a break until the huge Sept. wave launches since I wasn't interested in those two. Have supply issues improved?

Not so much, the handling has been much better however. Not scalper friendly in comparison to before.

From /r/amiibo

According to our confidential sources:
  • GameStop's 8/8 event will be amiibo related.
  • There is a rumor that Pro members will be allowed in to stores an hour early. I am unable to confirm this at this time.
If this is true then I'll be out early near a GS awaiting pre-orders to go up.

Anyway, I missed out on Dark Pit. By the time my ride came, I got to BB too late. Ah well, will wait for restock.

I would have thought that "very soon" would have happened by now.
It really was really soon, two seconds after the tweet for one second

EDIT: Argh, I freaked out, the little shipping icon changed from red to green, thought it was going to go up, then it went back red next time I refreshed.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
MOqAti7.jpg

Ridley327

Cool. I worked the ticket line for Dark Pit this morning, so it's nice to come home to being able to avoid the crowd and order one online.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Omg got him off my phone!! After getting frustrated this morning with being so busy I managed to get a text and was able to snag one :)

starmud

Nice :) I was number 21 at best buy and they had 18... Kinda shocked so many people showed up. I live in a pretty rural area and largest yet I've seen was a group of 10 lol

LycanXIII

FUUUUUUUUCK.

Added him to cart. Went through all the pages. Entered card info. Continue to confirmation. Hit "Confirm Order" and get told that he's sold out.

Edit: YES! Half an hour later and I can get him added!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So I recieved an email from best buy about a sale they were having, and at the bottom of the sales webpage "dark pit" showed up in the most viewed items section. I clicked out of curiosity and sure enough he was available so I bought it. I had no idea he had even been released, and it wasn't until I clicked on this thread that I realized today was his release date(?).

I'm thanking my lucky stars right now.

Velcro Fly

I love the scalper resistant ways every store is handling this now

I always wish for more stock. Glad for my fellow amiibros/amiisisters that got their Palutena/Dark Pit

I'm amazed at how pain free Dark Pit was. First 30 people got a numbered paper that pretty much guaranteed you one as long as you showed up before 1pm when they'd start selling to anyone. After that I just went back to my car and napped till the store opened. :p

See, this would've been great if it was a few hours early. My store handed out their tickets at 9:45 am. What, like I'm gonna go take a nap for 14 minutes and risk not waking up until after 1pm when the reserves are released to genpop and sell out?

Thoraxes

Why are people talking about GameStop this Saturday? Did I miss something? Or is it next Sat 8/8?

Edit: Ah yes so next weekend. The 8/8 event has not been confirmed to employees yet for content or anything else except that there is an event. Only thing I can confirm also is this :" There is a rumor that Pro members will be allowed in to stores an hour early. I am unable to confirm this at this time." <- is true.
As a PUR member, this pleases me. I even resubbed this year for free with my points too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom