• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Ugh i have a derpface dark pit and I don't want it. I feel bad for saying that, but derp face bothers me so much.

edit: i should clarify, I'm an oob collector and I don't want to open the derp face dark pit since I won't be happy with it

Guys, what if the Retro 3-pack of amiibo at GameStop is the only way to get the Famicom colored ROB in the US while every other place sells him in the NES style colors?
As someone who mainly wants the Famicom version of ROB (the alt I use in Smash), that means I would do everything in my power to be there the very moment I can to get one in.

KingBroly

Banned
Does anyone else think Zero Suit Samus will be on par with Lucinia/Robin availability during launch?

As in theres tons of Bowser Jrs, and Marios but not enough Samus or Ganonorfs?

In other countries, ZSS is only slightly less common that Ganondorf. She sells out in Japan pretty fast though.

The Robot (R.O.B.) amiibo hasn't gone up for sale in Japan yet, has it? I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to import that one...

As someone who mainly wants the Famicom version of ROB (the alt I use in Smash), that means I would do everything in my power to be there the very moment I can to get one in.

I can't remember the name of the website but someone already had the import up for preorder a couple weeks back. After shipping it was like $35 for one or $28 each for two so I skipped it.

So I just heard about the GameStop 3 pack. Great!

One problem! I'm going to be out of town next Saturday. If these were in store orders, this wouldn't be a problem, but apparently they are not, and since GameStop doesn't allow you to pick up a preorder at any store, I'm kind of screwed.

Any amiibros able to help me out? I will pay cost + shipping!

oh so gamestop is getting a 3 pack of rob duck hunt and game and watch? that would be a god-like 3 pack if it was the japanese rob cause i don't like the default color we got over here in the west. still tho, I'm down. is it just for pre orders or is it that they're going to be selling them? I'm assuming its the former.

I can't remember the name of the website but someone already had the import up for preorder a couple weeks back. After shipping it was like $35 for one or $28 each for two so I skipped it.
I saw that but I had to pass because I couldn't afford that at the time. By the time this next wave hits the US, I'll be able to buy them all so I'm kind of hoping we see that version of ROB here. I'd had really bad luck with trying to import so if I must do it, I might just pay someone to help me out.

Gameboy415

Ugh, looks like my Power Up Rewards Pro membership just lapsed on 7/26. :(
Gotta make sure I remember to swing by Gamestop to renew it sometime before Saturday...

Piscus

So, I know it's kinda skeevy, but... If I preordered the three-pack from Gamestop with a Pro membership on Saturday, but my Pro membership was subsequently cancelled days later, would my preorder be cancelled too? I mean, they would have actual money at that point...

Illucio

Banned
So, I know it's kinda skeevy, but... If I preordered the three-pack from Gamestop with a Pro membership on Saturday, but my Pro membership was subsequently cancelled days later, would my preorder be cancelled too? I mean, they would have actual money at that point...

Wait a find out.

I'll probably get the 3 Pack with pro membership and then wait until it's confirmed that if the order is canceled if you cancel or not. We still don't know if the 3 will be in a pack together and will be pro membership exclusive or not.

Drago

Probably not gonna bother with the Gamestop 3 pack since I have all three preordered on Amazon DE and I haven't had a Pro membership in years and I'm not renewing just for this, any money I'd save by not importing is lost on renewing membership. Plus I'll be working. It's really gonna suck if this is the only way to get any of the three in NA.

I've got a day off Saturday so I'll be camping out at like 7 am to get a pre order in
:D
Gotta waste this $800 trade in credit , 50% bonus this week has been huge

Now I'm just trading my extras x amiibos I don't want , I'm waiting for the holiday flood too ;)

Josh7289

There's a special Isabelle amiibo card exclusive to the Chara Parfait magazine? Import where?
g5sBf7h.jpg

Oh boy, this is not a road I'm happy to go down.

But... would you mind letting me know where you found out about this?

NoA is really overdoing it with this exclusive shit...half of wave 6 is going to be exclusive?! I don't know if I'll be able to camp outside stores when school starts. I'll probably just import Bowser Jr. Since TRU has an amiibo tax+gas so I'm not saving shit anyway.

Shoyz

Oh boy, this is not a road I'm happy to go down.

But... would you mind letting me know where you found out about this?

Saw it on the spanish infoamiibo twitter.
I ordered both it and the 'game special' 2015 09 issues of Chara Parfait, which include the Shizue SP and a large HDD card binder respectively. Although they're already double their 890yen msrp.

I don't have any knowledge in it, do monthly magazine issues get reprinted? Wasn't taking the chance of it never coming over. All Amazon Japan listings are as 'second-hand' but unless it's like 100yen seemingly all of them have the card. If in doubt try sending a message, they might know English. Might be the only chance to grab it.

Just occurred to me that the "retro" characters probably won't be sold individually at all because they don't have box art on Nintendos Amiibo page. Same for the Miis. Falco (a figure coming in a later wave) does have one though. I think this 3 pack will be the only way to get these characters, at least at first anyway.

SeanR1221

I'm not into collecting anymore, but it bums me out when I walk by the electronics department of any store and see the same pile of commons.

Craigslist, everyone wants 30-40 per Amiibo.

At that point, why not pay 16 an Amiibo and import them. I know shipping is high but it's not bad when you order multiples. I guess most people just import?

Piscus

Just occurred to me that the "retro" characters probably won't be sold individually at all because they don't have box art on Nintendos Amiibo page. Same for the Miis. Falco (a figure coming in a later wave) does have one though. I think this 3 pack will be the only way to get these characters, at least at first anyway.

That will not end well.

Tomita

If the 3-pack is the only way to get them...what fucking garbage. I only want ROB, and refuse to spend over $20 for imports. :/

If this rumor really ends up being true, I think I'll write to Nintendo, because that really is bullshit. There's a huge difference between the green squid being exclusive to a three pack of other squids of the same franchise and this. Hell, I love Mr Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt's cool too, but I have budget/space issues.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
If the 3-pack is the only way to get them...what fucking garbage. I only want ROB, and refuse to spend over $20 for imports. :/

If this rumor really ends up being true, I think I'll write to Nintendo, because that really is bullshit. There's a huge difference between the green squid being exclusive to a three pack of other squids of the same franchise and this. Hell, I love Mr Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt's cool too, but I have budget/space issues.

If I read the rumor correctly, it states that the 3 pack is a gamestop exclusive, not the individual amiibos. Which would mean that the individual amiibos will be available elsewhere. So you should be good. We will have the official news tomorrow though, so that will make a lot of things more clear.

Conan-san

There's words that could be used to describe the people who participated in SGC's Amiibo Cockfight and did so with the amiibo they did but those words would get me put though a table,

kirby_fox

Banned
So...the only amiibo not out yet (worldwide) are Duck Hunt, G&W, ROB and Falco then the DLC characters.

With Falco being the only one with a box, I'd be curious if that's more because he's going to work with Star Fox Zero (and is being held to release with Star Fox Zero) while the other 3 just haven't been updated with box art.

I'd also wonder if this could be one of Europe's first "exclusives" since it's been working so well in America.

Maengun1

I just happened to stop into Best Buy for the first time in a couple weeks, and there were 8(!) Dark Pits just chilling on the shelf. I'm very happy that he's readily available, but it's kind of annoying that I imported him for $22 LOL. It's the old amiibo gambling game. Never know with these things (I've never, ever seen a Meta Knight in person other than the one I imported). I have had him for almost a month early I guess.

I just happened to stop into Best Buy for the first time in a couple weeks, and there were 8(!) Dark Pits just chilling on the shelf. I'm very happy that he's readily available, but it's kind of annoying that I imported him for $22 LOL. It's the old amiibo gambling game. Never know with these things (I've never, ever seen a Meta Knight in person other than the one I imported). I have had him for almost a month early I guess.

Which Best Buy did you go to? Im in SoCal, I didnt get a chance to go to Best Buy on Friday and I missed out on Dark Pit was it was available online(Had no idea it would even be online) so basically missed out on it twice, I doubt there are any available here in LA but heck its worth a try to call since your saying your store has them

So...the only amiibo not out yet (worldwide) are Duck Hunt, G&W, ROB and Falco then the DLC characters.

With Falco being the only one with a box, I'd be curious if that's more because he's going to work with Star Fox Zero (and is being held to release with Star Fox Zero) while the other 3 just haven't been updated with box art.

If we go with the rumor for Gamestop to have that 3 pack, then perhaps they're waiting for gamestop to officially come out and say they have it. The miis could be in the same boat, but they're waiting to show those off in a 3 pack too.

Maengun1

Which Best Buy did you go to? Im in SoCal, I didnt get a chance to go to Best Buy on Friday and I missed out on Dark Pit was it was available online(Had no idea it would even be online) so basically missed out on it twice, I doubt there are any available here in LA but heck its worth a try to call since your saying your store has them

Michigan. Worth checking around though probably.

MrBS

For those in Australia today I walked into Big W and saw a couple Shulk amiibos on the shelf. I happily picked one up. I might play Xenoblade on 3DS now :p

Now to queue up some games in Smash to get Shulk to 50 ;)

For those in Australia today I walked into Big W and saw a couple Shulk amiibos on the shelf. I happily picked one up. I might play Xenoblade on 3DS now :p

Now to queue up some games in Smash to get Shulk to 50 ;)

Training the Shulk amiibo was an interesting experience, and really highlights how the amiibo "learn" in that game. They read the button inputs and focus on your favorite attacks, but that's where it ends. So when I was training my Shulk I myself used Shulk and fought how I normally do. This resulted in the amiibo registering to use neutral B to select an Art, but it would fail to understand which Arts I preferred or would use in a given situation. It would frequently cycle through them at rapid pace and go through the whole wheel about 3 times before picking one.

While I feel that I am a confident Shulk player, my Shulk amiibo manages to win only once in a while against my other amiibo because it can't capitalize on my playstyle like the other's can. Pac-Man's fruit, Diddy's banana, and Rosalina's Luma all suffer from the same issue. They can tell I prefer those moves, but can't work out the proper way to use them. For that reason, when it came time to train my Villager, I didn't even bother using Down B in front of it, since I thought that would just harm it in the long run lol.

Sallokin

Today I bought a copy of that CharaParfait magazine that has the limited Shizue card.

I was so ashamed taking it to the counter that I bought "real" magazines like Famitsu so that the clerk wouldn't think I was weird. I don't think I fooled her.

Totally worth it.

Shoyz

Today I got my Amiibo Card 'Sleeves' from amiami. As expected, they're hard cases rather than sleeves (in fact, they don't even appear to be hard sleeves, as they look to be 'Mini Snap' cases which involve two separate halves sealing the card shut).

I don't believe this type of protector is very effective as I've heard they're prone to popping open when dropped, nor do I know if a sleeve would fit inside. You can find non-branded ones for half the price of the amiibo ones. I'd definitely sooner suggest a Penny Sleeve + Top Loader + Team Bag combo.

That said, I bought them just as an amiibo collectible, and wasn't sure how/if they were branded at all or just standard cases. The rainbow band and text are all just a cardboard backing, the cases themselves do however have the black 'amiibo' (and japanese translation) logo printed on the bottom of each.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Today I bought a copy of that CharaParfait magazine that has the limited Shizue card.

I was so ashamed taking it to the counter that I bought "real" magazines like Famitsu so that the clerk wouldn't think I was weird. I don't think I fooled her.

Totally worth it.

Don't be ashamed! It's a cool variant. I'd get it if it was even possible, but a variant to a card amiibo exclusive to a Japanese magazine in Japan is a bit too obscure for me.

I've sold 25 Amiibo.
10 more to go o_O

Sad times are sad

zaU0Fj1.gif

Shoyz

Don't be ashamed! It's a cool variant. I'd get it if it was even possible, but a variant to a card amiibo exclusive to a Japanese magazine in Japan is a bit too obscure for me.

If you've used Tenso before, it's actually just a matter of ordering it from Amazon Japan for ~1500yen. Or you could even get it shipped straight to you from a seller with global shipping since it's a book rather than restricted video game merch like amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom