• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

U.S. amiibo collecting is tough no wonder so many people are importing.

Still i plan on fighting the good fight, really interested to see how the stock levels for these will go.

i know one person who's been 100% NA only. still going strong altho i fear for this Retro 3-pack BS

I think it has been assumed that Bowser JR is TRU exclusive and Dr. Mario is a Target exclusive.

Man I'm getting worn out with this store hoppin and managing preorders from multiple stores. Not meeting the free shipping threshold sucks since we have to manage so many stores every wave. Having to hop from to store in college traffic in my town fucking sucks, NoA has no shame with these exclusives.

Thoraxes

I only need the retro 3-pack and Mario classic.

Fuck, Saturday will be interesting. I feel anxious thinking about it.

Hopefully I luck out.

i know one person who's been 100% NA only. still going strong altho i fear for this Retro 3-pack BS
I've been NA only. Unfortunately that means there's a few I don't have because I missed out on them. I am thinking more and more about importing lately though.

G0523

I thought I would NA it all the way but importing is just so much EASIER and you get them earlier. I did it with Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario.

The only problem I was having was that it just kept on getting more expensive each time. The first four were fine since it was combined shipping but Dr. Mario was like $30! And looking at Amazon UK for Bowser Jr. and Olimar it'd be another $30 each. I'd rather just wait for those. Importing can get out of hand money-wise but it can be worth it if you don't want to deal with the hassle of NOA.

Gameboy415

Mine are! :)
Well, my un-opened set is all US-versions.
I've resorted to importing extras of some of the stupidly rare or store-exclusive ones (like Lucina, Robin, & Palutena) for my open set though.

I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get the rest of the US Smash Bros figures, but the Animal Crossing cards are going to destroy me, I just know it...

willizle02

Neo Member
Am I the only one who actually enjoys these overnight camp outs for amiibos? They're so much fun, and you get to meet a lot of cool new people and play smash and talk about nerdy things without being ridiculed. Idk, I just think it's cool to have a sort of amiibo meet up with people in your local area who share an interest, waiting in line having a good time.

kirby_fox

Banned
Am I the only one who actually enjoys these overnight camp outs for amiibos? They're so much fun, and you get to meet a lot of cool new people and play smash and talk about nerdy things without being ridiculed. Idk, I just think it's cool to have a sort of amiibo meet up with people in your local area who share an interest, waiting in line having a good time.

I don't have the time to do that. And in all honesty, around here I don't think I'd enjoy myself. The Smashfest at BB was a lot of teens with nothing to do after school and a lot of shy people who didn't know how to shower. The few amiibo people I've ran into and tried to be nice to have mostly been asshats.

I'm pretty sure the only ones that I've wanted to interact with are one kid I kept running into and you guys on here...I'm beginning to think I need to move.

I just got a call from a manager of my local gamestop about the Saturday event. Very nice of him, he wanted to let me know about the 3 pack preorder deal. he told me store opens at 9am, regardless if you are a PRO member or not.

He told me people start lining up around 6-7 AM, and he won't know the amount available until Friday PM.

Ugh I'm pretty nervous about Saturday now. What is everyone's plan of attack? What time are you all getting in line?
Considering there are about 3-4 GameStops near me, I'm planning to go out around 7-8 and see which one has the shorter line. If it's true that they'll have 30+ pre-orders to do, I'm gonna try and be more positive about this one and not so nervous. Wish I didn't have to plan my morning around Amiibo pre-ordering but hey, it's part of the game. At least I'll be able to get some breakfast after.

willizle02

Neo Member
Considering there are about 3-4 GameStops near me, I'm planning to go out around 7-8 and see which one has the shorter line. If it's true that they'll have 30+ pre-orders to do, I'm gonna try and be more positive about this one and not so nervous. Wish I didn't have to plan my morning around Amiibo pre-ordering but hey, it's part of the game. At least I'll be able to get some breakfast after.

Breakfast is the best reward for such events. McDonald's pancake platter all the way! B)

willizle02

Neo Member
I don't have the time to do that. And in all honesty, around here I don't think I'd enjoy myself. The Smashfest at BB was a lot of teens with nothing to do after school and a lot of shy people who didn't know how to shower. The few amiibo people I've ran into and tried to be nice to have mostly been asshats.

I'm pretty sure the only ones that I've wanted to interact with are one kid I kept running into and you guys on here...I'm beginning to think I need to move.

I always end up running into the same people, so we just laugh and shoot the shit playing smash all morning. Probably the biggest reason I still try for amiibos in NA is because of these cool people.

JTripper

I'm late to this conversation, and planning on somehow getting the retro Mario and Ganondorf.

How the fuck should I go about pre-ordering these? Camping out is out of the question btw.

HardRojo

So it's only US that will have those 3 bundled together rather than separate packages? Fuck this! I thought all regions were doing that.

Enforcer

do you have any amiibos for trade? or games? i have an extra dark pit NA

but yeah, if my prediction of a holiday flood is true you'll see x get a lot more chances for amiibos you missed out on but yeah importing is the easiest way after they release, NoE and NoJ are on top of their shit

I don't have any to trade, unfortunately. I hope you're right with your holiday prediction, but I think the hunt is starting to wear me out. I don't know why NoA are so awful at amiibos. Like you said the other divisions don't seem to have this problem.

I only recommend using a japanese forwarding system if you order multiples at once, otherwise it comes out rather pricey sending individual items.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I found an Australian site that almost seems too good to be true//; beatthebomb.com. I'm considering ordering from there as they seem to have solid pricing and not insane shipping, but I've never heard of them and don't know anything about them. I don't wanna get taken for a ride due to my thirsty amiibo ways, LOL.

Piscus

I don't have any to trade, unfortunately. I hope you're right with your holiday prediction, but I think the hunt is starting to wear me out. I don't know why NoA are so awful at amiibos. Like you said the other divisions don't seem to have this problem.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I found an Australian site that almost seems too good to be true//; beatthebomb.com. I'm considering ordering from there as they seem to have solid pricing and not insane shipping, but I've never heard of them and don't know anything about them. I don't wanna get taken for a ride due to my thirsty amiibo ways, LOL.

I've ordered from them, and I live in NA. They are actually really dope. Shipping didn't take too long, and those things were wrapped up pretty well. I'd recommend them.
They are my secret backup option. Don't tell everyone about them. Remove the site from your post at once!

Whew! Finally updated the OT with all this Wave 6 nonsense. I left the Retro Trio as GS exclusive until confirmation, and I won't be using those tiny images of the Trio packs on the official website until we get HD versions. Also changed the Modern Mario date to TBD because Nintendo pls.

LskGzjj.jpg

Can't wait to have to update again with logos for the 6A exclusives. Just waiting on confirmation for those.
Thank you DIGGEH.

Canon

Banned
Amazon Warehouse had Little Mac for $10 (used) so I grabbed it. Kind of evens out the shitty prices I've paid for others.

Enforcer

I've ordered from them, and I live in NA. They are actually really dope. Shipping didn't take too long, and those things were wrapped up pretty well. I'd recommend them.
They are my secret backup option. Don't tell everyone about them. Remove the site from your post at once!

Its too late! You quoted me for all to see! Doom is upon us! Also thanks for the info!

MADGAME

Whew! Finally updated the OT with all this Wave 6 nonsense. I left the Retro Trio as GS exclusive until confirmation, and I won't be using those tiny images of the Trio packs on the official website until we get HD versions. Also changed the Modern Mario date to TBD because Nintendo pls.

LskGzjj.jpg

Can't wait to have to update again with logos for the 6A exclusives. Just waiting on confirmation for those.

Diggehmiibo confirmed common

Maengun1

I'm a cruel bastard, but I can't help but find it funny that NOA is making the retro trio ONLY available in one box together for North America. I can't even count the number of NA NIB roster select screen displays I've seen over the last year. They never stop thinking of ways to screw that group over. I DO feel bad...but I also have to laugh.

Anyone heard if their GS will have the other September amiibos up for pre-order, or just the 3-pack? I need to call my store to check. Sorry if that's been asked a million times, I'm way behind on this thread.

Well I guess I know when to expect ZSS to arrive. I cross my fingers that she isn't a retail exclusive, at least one that isn't relatively far away from my house.

And don't think I will grab the Retro 3-pack at launch; so far I haven't bought more than one amiibo figure in one check out.

Maengun1

Also I hope Amazon is on the ball again and lets everyone know a couple days in advance when they'll be selling the new batch. Palutena went pretty well, hopefully they learned from that and will apply it even to non Amazon exclusives.

Anime

Neo Member
I'm late to this conversation, and planning on somehow getting the retro Mario and Ganondorf.

How the fuck should I go about pre-ordering these? Camping out is out of the question btw.

I would keep an eye on thoses amazon placeholder links if i were you only a matter of time until they go live.

However if Amazon will handle orders anywhere near the level of how palutena was handled you should be good.

Or if you live in new york you can sit back and wait until preorders there get announced.

Anime

Neo Member
Well I guess I know when to expect ZSS to arrive. I cross my fingers that she isn't a retail exclusive, at least one that isn't relatively far away from my house.

And don't think I will grab the Retro 3-pack at launch; so far I haven't bought more than one amiibo figure in one check out.

Dont worry shes listed on amazon and not listed as an exclusive however dr mario and bowser jr. appear to be missing from amazon so those 2 along with the 3 pack are the only suspected exclusives for now.

Modern Colored 8 bit mario could also join them but theres no info regarding him at the moment

mantis23

I'm one of those 100% NA NIB guys. Its been an interesting mixture of waiting outside stores, preorders, and a little dumb luck. So far I have not paid more than retail for any of them. Of course the biggest help was having all of the first wave preordered before smash came out.

I will be outside gamestop this Saturday around 5am. I need to keep the streak alive.

Vidiot

Fuck camping out. I'll go at opening and if they sold out I'll import. I don't give a shit what box the figure comes in as long as I get it.

So im trying to think of ideas for amiibo support for nintendo's upcoming holiday games and i couldnt think of a damn thing for fox and falco for star fox zero but i did come up with an idea for mario tennis. So since mii was a playable character in the 3ds version i expect him to be playable in wii u game so i was thinking we could use the amiibo to unlock mii costumes like they have in mario kart 8 so that we can have characters we normally wouldnt have as characters in the game.

Velcro Fly

More worried about the amiibo cards for AC than I am the retro 3 pack

I don't trust Nintendo at all to not barely ship those things here and I don't want them in Japanese so importing those isn't much of an option.

bumpkin

So the only way to get ROB and duck hunt is at gamestop?
There has been zero confirmation that the 3-pack will only be carried by GS. Just that they're the only place taking preorders.

And even if they are the only game in town, you can guarantee that the Nintendo World Store will have them. Time to make a friend in NYC.

So will the 3-pack have the alternate poses for G&W or are they going to sell G&W separately at some point?

G&W is my main, this is srs bsns

goldenpp72

Has the chibi robo amiibo ever gone up for pre-order in the US? I seem to have a decent grasp on the smash stuff but not that, or the yarn yoshi ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom