• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I read the OT daily. It's my bible

DuFFrsu.gif

Thoraxes

I'm thinking 6 AM will be good, but I may go earlier to be safe, or since my local store is only 5 mins away, I could go check at like 5 AM and see what's up.

For me the key to camping out is to just not eat or drink anything in the hours leading up, because I need to not have to pee, lol.

bluehat9

ANyone know if the 3 packs get shipped to your home or if you have to pick them up at the store when they come in? Tempted to go to a ghetto GS since no one is ever there, but it feels like they could close any day since everything in that strip mall is coming and going week to week.

Piscus

Say I order two different orders from a foreign Amazon site. Say, Amazon DE, for example. Is there any way to call them and get them to combine the shipping, if the items in both orders release on the same day? I think I've seen mention of it being done here before...

Thoraxes

ANyone know if the 3 packs get shipped to your home or if you have to pick them up at the store when they come in? Tempted to go to a ghetto GS since no one is ever there, but it feels like they could close any day since everything in that strip mall is coming and going week to week.

Since they're in-store reservations (no store/site stuff like last time), I would wager they're in-store pickups.

Jergingha

Neo Member
Pride or shame, I don't know what to feel.
tumblr_nspsqxpJka1s5pupqo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_nspsqxpJka1s5pupqo10_1280.jpg

Also a little bummed that I probably won't be able to make the Gamestop 3 pack event tomorrow. :/

jmizzal

Any word on when Pre Orders are up for Gannondorf and Zero Suit Samus?

And do we expect them to be available if we dont preorder

Piscus

Any word on when Pre Orders are up for Gannondorf and Zero Suit Samus?

And do we expect them to be available if we dont preorder

No word yet from any NA retailers. As for expectations:
Yes for Ganondorf.
Probably
No
t
for ZSS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ganondorf will probably be one of the most commons for this wave since he's known as the big baddie for the Zelda series, and it seems all the Zelda amiibo were rather common for the most part, even Sheik for a while.

You gotta admit, the Pro membership mention was incredibly clever. Think of how many people spent $15 just to spend $35.

I spent points to renew my membership because of this... I sad.

Also, I usually go garage sailing Saturday mornings... not this weekend I guess.

You have to pick it up from what I heard.

Piscus

By the way, I had placed two separate orders of amiibo on amazon.de and asked them to combine the packages and shipping charges (since they all release on the same day). They initially said they couldn't because they were preorders and the items weren't in stock, but when I requested further, they DID refund me for one of the shipping charges and said they would do it as a one-time courtesy. Apparently they would have to cancel the orders and create one order with all the items in order to ship them together, which would make me lose the items. They DID say that there is a chance for orders that release on the same day to be combined together, but didn't commit to it. Dem shipping charges...

Velcro Fly

I can fit all of my amiibo in 2-3 shoeboxes. It is a crass solution until I find something better. It keeps the dust off of them too which has been a little bit of a problem.

//ARCANUM

I'm going to a low traffic gamestop tomorrow, called them today and they open at 9am tomorrow. So I'm gonna get there at 8am. The guy wouldn't tell me how many they were getting, just that they were getting a BUNCH. (Who knows how much that is.) He said they were gonna post how many pre-orders they would have available on their front window tonight when they close. So maybe I'll swing by tonight and check.

This is the same gamestop I was able to easily score a Majora's Mask 3DS XL at by showing up at the right time (20 mins before the UPS truck arrived). So I feel like 8am should hopefully be good enough.

Ibuki

Banned
I stopped by the one I currently work next to. The guy said he will have a lot, but he can't confirm if one hour before opening is early enough! Oh well, I'll take my chances.

Ganondorf will probably be one of the most commons for this wave since he's known as the big baddie for the Zelda series, and it seems all the Zelda amiibo were rather common for the most part, even Sheik for a while.
You'd think that, but then you have stuff like Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. Supposedly exclusives so really anything goes. Expect everything to be rare just incase. Stuff like Villager, Lucario, Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer I would've never thought would be rare due to popularity but here we are.

That said, my guesses as to commons are:
Ganondorf
8 Bit Retro Mario
Mii Fighters
Isaballe, maybe one ither AC character. Toss up between K.K. And Nook.
AC Cards
Atleast one Yarn Yoshi
Ryu

Rare:
Probably everything else lol.

Dunno if I can get the 3 Pack. I want all three characters but we are possibly moving and if I do I can only put $5 down which makes it seem like I won't get it for some reason.

Also whats the word on Charizard? Figure he'd be uncommon where he gets restocks like Toad and Mega Man/Sonic but still rare in the first few weeks but I don't think I've seen him on amazon once. Went by gamestop once and got Pac-Man there but they said they don't know if they'll get anymore. This is an example to never take anything as common.

//ARCANUM

You'd think that, but then you have stuff like Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. Supposedly exclusives so really anything goes. Expect everything to be rare just incase. Stuff like Villager, Lucario, Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer I would've never thought would be rare due to popularity but here we are.

That said, my guesses as to commons are:
Ganondorf
8 Bit Retro Mario
Mii Fighters
Isaballe, maybe one ither AC character. Toss up between K.K. And Nook.
AC Cards
Atleast one Yarn Yoshi
Ryu

Rare:
Probably everything else lol.

Dunno if I can get the 3 Pack. I want all three characters but we are possibly moving and if I do I can only put $5 down which makes it seem like I won't get it for some reason.

Also whats the word on Charizard? Figure he'd be uncommon where he gets restocks like Toad and Mega Man/Sonic but still rare in the first few weeks but I don't think I've seen him on amazon once. Went by gamestop once and got Pac-Man there but they said they don't know if they'll get anymore. This is an example to never take anything as common.

Is anything released now common? I live in Austin, TX and I haven't seen ANYTHING from this past wave on any store shelf after launch day.

InkoMint

Neo Member
I don't know if this is the right thread, since I'm not really trading, but we got an extra Wii Fit Trainer NA and would gladly give at cost to anyone who wants her. Let me know and I'll send pictures! :) it's been a bit since hubby mentioned it on LineGaf, but I'm hoping to make someone's day rather than return!

Piscus

I don't know if this is the right thread, since I'm not really trading, but we got an extra Wii Fit Trainer NA and would gladly give at cost to anyone who wants her. Let me know and I'll send pictures! :) it's been a bit since hubby mentioned it on LineGaf, but I'm hoping to make someone's day rather than return!
You sure there's nothing you need that you would trade for it?

Hero

NA version? I could use her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom