• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Golly, more of this bullshit pre-order crap
I got to 'pologize to CH4OS and Cap (pa)
But is it cool to rap about how I won
If I told GAF I snatched it from Geedorah and xplicitone? (xplicitone!)
First person with a tent and a backpack
Smartphone, 3DS, and a knapsack
Always said if I rapped I'd say somethin' significant
But now I'm rappin' 'bout Nintendo, holds, and GAF again
And it's still about the collection
Big glass stand and whatever other protection
Store named PygeHD
More bullshit than Reggie
What'cha gon' buy next? Whatever new Amiibo is in
I'm tryin' to reduce the salt
And I'm so broke I wonder like "Damn, will I default?"
I mean eight Mega Mans, should I just halt?
What the hell was wrong with me Diggeh?
Sing along with my bae

Breathe in, breathe out
If ya worked up, pull Wii U out
Hope for good luck, pull ya Mii out
Scalpers go wild and pull a fee out
Breathe in, breathe out
Let them scalpers fight, pull your agree out
If a scalper act up, pull Wave 3 out
When I pull Dedede out scalpers turn "Amiibout"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Europe getting Mewtwo amiibo on Oct. 23.

CLu-mhVWEAAovF0.png:orig

They still need to explain how amiibo will work for DLC characters. Like, will you only be able to fight against them? Does buying them also unlock them in-game if you didn't download them?

They still need to explain how amiibo will work for DLC characters. Like, will you only be able to fight against them? Does buying them also unlock them in-game if you didn't download them?

It will probally work the same as characters who you havent unlocked yet. They appear as a fp, but you cant play as them.

Every updated version of the game will have the dlc fighters data (how else would you play against them online) and the purchasing of the character simply unlocks the ability to us it. I don't really see any problems with it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, okay, that makes sense. Part of me was wondering if they'd do some kind of bundle where you could buy the amiibo and also get a code or two to play the character.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Part of me was wondering if they'd do some kind of bundle where you could buy the amiibo and also get a code or two to play the character.

That would be a smart idea, creating a special bundle with the code(s) but then, this is nintendo we are talking about...

kirby_fox

Banned

Marketing 101 says that if people are buying the amiibo, they probably already downloaded the character or intend to. Creating a bundle would either confuse consumers or piss them off if they had to spend more to get the amiibo.

I'm more curious if this means we're going to see customs for Mewtwo launch alongside in an October update.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe Mewtwo will launch along with the Mii Fighters in Nov. for the US? Maybe Falco will be part of it as well. Seems strange he's the only character left to which we have no idea when he'll be releasing. Though Nov. would also make sense if Star Fox Zero is also coming out near the end of the year & has plans for amiibo support.

Velcro Fly

Got my stuff from Japan today :D

To open this afternoon:

- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Ganondorf
- ZSS
- Ness
- Rosalina
- Dr. Mario
- Olimar
- Bowser Jr.

Also got the yarn yoshis but I'm holding off opening them for a while.

JavyOO7

Got my stuff from Japan today :D

To open this afternoon:

- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Ganondorf
- ZSS
- Ness
- Rosalina
- Dr. Mario
- Olimar
- Bowser Jr.

Also got the yarn yoshis but I'm holding off opening them for a while.

Did you use Tenso? How much did the shipping cost?

Tomita

I'm a cruel bastard, but I can't help but find it funny that NOA is making the retro trio ONLY available in one box together for North America. I can't even count the number of NA NIB roster select screen displays I've seen over the last year. They never stop thinking of ways to screw that group over. I DO feel bad...but I also have to laugh.

Anyone heard if their GS will have the other September amiibos up for pre-order, or just the 3-pack? I need to call my store to check. Sorry if that's been asked a million times, I'm way behind on this thread.

Gamestop only talked about the 3-pack for the 8th.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, my store isn't brought up when I click that page to see about stores opening early. Guess since I'm nearby, I'll go in & ask.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta admit, the Pro membership mention was incredibly clever. Think of how many people spent $15 just to spend $35.

Velcro Fly

Hometown gamestop always hooks me up. A few of the employees know I got hosed on Ness the last time there was a big preorder event so I'm feeling pretty good about this.

EXCLUSIVE

call me activision but if i were in charge of amiibos at gamestop i'd make it pro members only, now every reseller will go and put $5 down and if they dont make a lot of money they will just let it be unclaimed

i need to see that "does anyone use gamestop as a bank" pic again , love it :p

Triple Dash

Neo Member
Got Olimar and Junior in the mail today. Olimar really stands out due to his helmet. lol

So do you have to have Pro Membership to get in early or not? I keep hearing conflicting reports.

Piscus

Got Olimar and Junior in the mail today. Olimar really stands out due to his helmet. lol

So do you have to have Pro Membership to get in early or not? I keep hearing conflicting reports.

NOPE.
Be free, my friend.
...unless the store manager at your store is having a power trip.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like my store is opening an hour early as well, despite not showing up on the store locator. Thankfully (as I was expecting), it sounds as though I don't need to rush there since it was "way more" than what the employee was expecting.

Oh & the Dark Pit my friend bought for me that was imported arrived, yay. Now I'm at a whopping 30 amiibo collected.

Vuapol

I pretty much quit the amiibo hunting cold turkey once all the preorder retailer exclusive fiasco crap began. Shulk and Ness were my final acquisitions. Alas, due to the preorder retailer exclusive fiasco crap, I missed out on Greninja and DeDeDe.

I finally stumbled upon a Greninja at a reasonable price today, so I guess I'm back in the game, if only for a weekend. I swore at the beginning I was gonna own a Duck Hunt amiibo, and it's a promise I intend to keep.

This three pack preorder retailer exclusive fiasco crap is new though. Amazing how they continue to find new ways to muck this up even further.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I pretty much quit the amiibo hunting cold turkey once all the preorder retailer exclusive fiasco crap began. Shulk and Ness were my final acquisitions. Alas, due to the preorder retailer exclusive fiasco crap, I missed out on Greninja and DeDeDe.

I finally stumbled upon a Greninja at a reasonable price today, so I guess I'm back in the game, if only for a weekend. I swore at the beginning I was gonna own a Duck Hunt amiibo, and it's a promise I intend to keep.

This three pack preorder retailer exclusive fiasco crap is new though. Amazing how they continue to find new ways to muck this up even further.

7Gj3aMi.png

Good to have you back. You never truly leave.

5705f4c1c68975aa4212bcc8e7743315.jpg

You can't quit

willizle02

Neo Member
Has anyone found a way to check preorder quantities per store yet, or is it all just the initial 30 or so that was discussed a couple pages earlier?

AHAHA FINALLY A LUCINA. And A Mac & Olimar.

Mac/Olimar from Play-Asia for 18.99 each

Lucina/Shulk/Dorf from Amazon (not US) for retail

so I guess I'm back in the game

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Fuck me that looks good!

ZeroX03

Banned

24th for ANZ.

HardRojo

I'm still mad at NoA for making those 3 bundle exclusive. I love having the separate boxes and I'm trying to keep my collection NA only :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My store wasn't allowed to say an exact number, but I mentioned 30 & it seemed as though it was around there. I have a feeling I should be fine considering when Wave 4 came out with Ness & co. I think there was around.....7 people? I know it wasn't more than 10, & I'd argue the Retro Trio won't be as high of demand compared to others due to popularity.

I'll still aim to get there around 10 a.m.-ish, but I don't feel the need to quick rush there ASAP/wait 30 minutes in line before they open.

It's also a smaller store, right in the corner of a strip mall, but we're also in a college town as well (though I don't think college students are back from summer break yet).

ChrisD

That triple pack looks really bad. The Splatoon 3-pack had a cohesive art that makes it look pretty darn good. Mr. ROB Hunt is mad choppy.

If they still have any at 10AM when I'm at the Mall I'll go ahead and pre-order them on it being fate or something.

Velcro Fly

I was like 3rd or 4th in line for Ness at mine and I got there about 20 minutes before the time. I'll get there at 8:30 hoping for a 9am open with no PUR requirement to go in early. I can take sitting in my car for an hour playing Smash 3DS until it's time to go in.

I love camping out, I had an amazing time the last time. Always try bring someone if you can, it makes the experience so much better. I plan on bringing a few people with me on Saturday and be there at somewhere around 6AM. Nobody ever shows up but we're insane so it's okay.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So we know which stores yet? I actually DID look at the op and don't see it.

Bowser Jr. is in the TRU system, but I'm waiting for official confirmation. Dr. Mario is anyone's guess, but most likely Target.

Also thanks for reading the OT! Someone read it! Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom