• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Alright so I got the hard evidence I needed from work and can say it is confirmed that gamestop will be doing preorders for the retro pack this Saturday like everyone was saying. Also the store will be open an hour early ( 9:00 AM ) and you don't need to be a power up rewards member to preorder.

Cool beans!

KingBroly

Banned
My Amiibo pre-orders are already scattered even MORESO than Wave 4...

Wave 4
TRU: Greninja, Charizard
GS: Ness, Lucina, Robin, Wario, Splatoon 3-pack, PacMan
Target: Jigglypuff, SIlver Mario
Walmart: Gold Mario

Wave 5 (and a bit beyond):
Amazon: Palutena
Best Buy: Dark Pit, Animal Crossing WiiU bundle
TRU: Yarn Yoshi bundle
Costco: Animal Crossing 3DS bundle
GS: Retro 3-pack
?? - Chibi Robo bundle (since he still not up yet!)

TRU is going to have Bowser Jr., Target will probably get Dr. Mario
Walmart is apparently getting the Blue Yoshi

So the retro 3-pack is confirmed then. Hopefully they're released individually or sadness (and chaos, but mostly sadness) will come again :(

Enforcer

I'm gonna try for the GS retro 3 pack preorder, but I don't have high hopes of being able to get one. After my crushing defeat at trying to get Dark Pitt at the only Best Buy in under an hour drive from me (the guy in front of me in line got the last one) and then missing out their surprise online sale of them, I just don't have the energy for this anymore. I recently moved to a small town in CA (I used to live in LI, NY), so my options for stores are pretty limited. I have 1 of each store in town, and then I have to drive about an hour away to find another, so I've decided that I'm going to just import everything I can't find easily locally. That said, any suggestions on places to import from? I checked the European Amazons, but they seem to be out of a lot of the ones I want. Is Amazon Japan better? What's the deal with those forwarding services? I'm trying not to pay more than double MSRP + shipping. If any Import Amiibros have any suggestions of what's been working for you, I'd appreciate it.

kirby_fox

Banned
Alright so I got the hard evidence I needed from work and can say it is confirmed that gamestop will be doing preorders for the retro pack this Saturday like everyone was saying. Also the store will be open an hour early ( 9:00 AM ) and you don't need to be a power up rewards member to preorder.

So...I guess I'll be getting up early Saturday then since I might actually have a shot.

Really wish we would get some official word on this. Though if there's 30 available at EVERY GameStop, there's a GameStop down the road that is small enough I don't expect too many people.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
TRU is going to have Bowser Jr., Target will probably get Dr. Mario
Walmart is apparently getting the Blue Yoshi

Oh right I forgot about Blue Yoshi. The list I made was only what I currently have pre-ordered, so guess I'll have to add Walmart to the list too >_>

I'm gonna try for the GS retro 3 pack preorder, but I don't have high hopes of being able to get one. After my crushing defeat at trying to get Dark Pitt at the only Best Buy in under an hour drive from me (the guy in front of me in line got the last one) and then missing out their surprise online sale of them, I just don't have the energy for this anymore. I recently moved to a small town in CA (I used to live in LI, NY), so my options for stores are pretty limited. I have 1 of each store in town, and then I have to drive about an hour away to find another, so I've decided that I'm going to just import everything I can't find easily locally. That said, any suggestions on places to import from? I checked the European Amazons, but they seem to be out of a lot of the ones I want. Is Amazon Japan better? What's the deal with those forwarding services? I'm trying not to pay more than double MSRP + shipping. If any Import Amiibros have any suggestions of what's been working for you, I'd appreciate it.

do you have any amiibos for trade? or games? i have an extra dark pit NA

but yeah, if my prediction of a holiday flood is true you'll see x get a lot more chances for amiibos you missed out on but yeah importing is the easiest way after they release, NoE and NoJ are on top of their shit

willizle02

Neo Member

I only recommend using a japanese forwarding system if you order multiples at once, otherwise it comes out rather pricey sending individual items.

KingBroly

Banned
September 11th for the Classic 8-bit Mario, Olimar, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Olimar and Zero Suit Samus

September 25th for ROB, Duck Hunt and Mr. G&W

It appears, at first glance, that everything on September 11th will have no retail exclusives.

Other 8-bit Mario MIA

Mii Fighters in November

1up

amiibo-september-656x656.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't even read that text under "Retro 3-Pack" (Edit: Oh, says they're only being sold via 3-pack, alright). Though I do like how they'll be out 2 weeks after everyone else in order to make it easier to focus on those.

Oh, & MII FIGHTERS DELAYED UNTIL NOVEMBER....& to also be a 3-pack.

& "more information about launch plans for the 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Color amiibo in US will be shared in the future" OH GOD IT'S GONNA BE RETAIL EXCLUSIVE.

well this really sucks as i wont be able to go to gamestop on saturday to get my pre-order which means i gotta be really hopeful that they might get a few extra on release day.

I need Bowser Jr. He's the last one I really, really, REALLY want (besides Lucas).

Crossing my fingers I'll be able to pick him up somehow. Really hoping he's not exclusive because I haven't had any luck with any of the exclusives (except Ness).

KingBroly

Banned
Since I imported Dr. Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr., I only need Ganon, the 8-bit Mario and the 3-pack in September. I plan on getting an extra ZSS though.

prateeko

I've been occupied with other things for the last few days. What's the deal with GS, the triple pack, and the next wave(s) of Amiibo?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've been occupied with other things for the last few days. What's the deal with GS, the triple pack, and the next wave(s) of Amiibo?
- Retro 3-pack will be available for pre-order this Saturday, will be released on Sept. 25, 2 weeks after the release of everyone else
- It appears the Retro pack is the ONLY way to get Duck Hunt, MG&W, and ROB now. Hell, it sounds like they're going to be GS exclusive as well.
- Mii Fighters are going to also be a 3 pack, but they've been delayed to Nov.
- Modern Color version of that Super Mario Maker amiibo might be retail exclusive, based on the wording of the PR email linked.
- Everyone else will be Sept. 11, but still no word on other retail exclusives yet.

KingBroly

Banned
- Retro 3-pack will be available for pre-order this Saturday, will be released on Sept. 25, 2 weeks after the release of everyone else
- It appears the Retro pack is the ONLY way to get Duck Hunt, MG&W, and ROB now. Hell, it sounds like they're going to be GS exclusive as well.
- Mii Fighters are going to also be a 3 pack, but they've been delayed to Nov.
- Modern Color version of that Super Mario Maker amiibo might be retail exclusive, based on the wording of the PR email linked.
- Everyone else will be Sept. 11, but still no word on other retail exclusives yet.

It doesn't sound like the Modern one is releasing yet, like in other countries.

G0523

I really wish Nintendo would say what's a retail exclusive and what isn't. Announcing the "retro 3-pack" was good but not saying that it's a GameStop exclusive? Come on, people need to know this! I really thought they'd be available separately too. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It doesn't sound like the Modern one is releasing yet, like in other countries.
Possibly. Maybe it'll be part of a Wii U bundle or something.

At the very least, excluding the 3-pack, there's only 6 to worry about this wave, so that'll be nice. I'll probably just focus on Ganondorf (complete the Zelda amiibo), SSZ (have both Metroid amiibo), & Bowser Jr. (all Mario amiibo...that isn't Dr. Mario), plus maybe that 30th Anniversary Mario as well.

If the retro 3-pack ends up being a Gamestop exclusive, I'm just going to import. With any luck I'll catch them on one of the EU Amazons or as a last resort Play-Asia. I'm not putting up with the lines and the hassle, especially after how poorly the Ness preorders were done and all the stories of preorders being sold out from under people.

Draxal

If the retro 3-pack ends up being a Gamestop exclusive, I'm just going to import. With any luck I'll catch them on one of the EU Amazons or as a last resort Play-Asia. I'm not putting up with the lines and the hassle, especially after how poorly the Ness preorders were done and all the stories of preorders being sold out from under people.

JFYI, Japanese Rob will have a different color scheme than the Western robs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me wishes the Famicom ROB was exclusive to that 3-pack, then the NES color was available either everyone else or only at GS.

At the very least, it works out for me because I wanted those three because I figured they'd be the hardest to get due to lack of popularity, so all three at one at the one out of 2 retailers in my town makes it easier for me. Not to mention coming out 2 weeks later helps me rebuild my funds.

so it is only 15 bucks a year for the gamestop pro rewards? not bad, but I rarely shop at gamestop, so not sure if it is worth it just for the amiibo preorder thing

kirby_fox

Banned
Uh...if that's official PR then it looks like no exclusives.

That would mean even though GS is taking preorders we can also expect other stores to stock ALL of them.

I don't think they've announced dates but not announce what was exclusive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom