• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

ZrDvUTvh.jpg

Any of these rare lol

prateeko

- Retro 3-pack will be available for pre-order this Saturday, will be released on Sept. 25, 2 weeks after the release of everyone else
- It appears the Retro pack is the ONLY way to get Duck Hunt, MG&W, and ROB now. Hell, it sounds like they're going to be GS exclusive as well.
- Mii Fighters are going to also be a 3 pack, but they've been delayed to Nov.
- Modern Color version of that Super Mario Maker amiibo might be retail exclusive, based on the wording of the PR email linked.
- Everyone else will be Sept. 11, but still no word on other retail exclusives yet.

God.Damn.Everything.

Seriously, NOA, why do you keep hurting us so?

bumpkin

This is based only on anecdotal evidence, but I think (and hope) that the only thing "exclusive" to GameStop about the retro 3-pack is the option to preorder. It'd suck having to line up for hours on September 25th to get one, but at least it's a) after school has started back up and b) a date I'll be able to take action.

Adamator

Really annoyed that the Retro 3 pack is the only way to get those characters. I only want 2/3 of them.

Is it confirmed weather the pack will be a GameStop exclusive or not? This doesn't say anything about that, but then again I don't know if it would.

As for the other wave 5 amiibos, guess now we wait for the pre-order dance from Amazon and the like. I already imported a few of these ones I really wanted, but there are a few more I still want, like Bowser Jr.

Oersted

Does it get worse that this isn't the only Amiibo area in the store? Lol

Anyway, I'm thinking about exporting. Any Amiibos I should look out for?

Bonus trivia: On the far left you got the Vita section, which gets smaller and smaller. Console already disappeared.

HardRojo

Well then I look forward to getting that 3 pack in the future. Not as soon as they release. Freaking hate not having them in separate US packaging.

MADGAME

I feel if the characters themselves were exclusive to GS, we would know by know, GS would be touting character exclusivity like every other retailer, and as they themselves have done previously. Perhaps a gamble on my part, but I feel it's only the 3-pack that will be exclusive, and we will also have the opportunity to purchase them individually somehow. Even if not, I believe these will go up online like every other Amiibo they've sold, including the "only available via web-in-store" Ness.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Whew! Finally updated the OT with all this Wave 6 nonsense. I left the Retro Trio as GS exclusive until confirmation, and I won't be using those tiny images of the Trio packs on the official website until we get HD versions. Also changed the Modern Mario date to TBD because Nintendo pls.

LskGzjj.jpg

Can't wait to have to update again with logos for the 6A exclusives. Just waiting on confirmation for those.

Lookie401

Oh fudge this! I just want Mr. Game & Watch amiibo. I'm not buying the 3-pack. The only amiibo I'm interesting now is the Wolly/Yarn Yoshi's, some AC and later Mewtwo. Guess I'm done with the Smash Bros. amiibo for now.

kirby_fox

Banned
Please don't let that 3 pack be exclusive since it's the ONLY way to get all 3 of them. Even says so on the flyer.

Why haven't exclusives been announced yet? You would think we would be getting the rest of the info by now if dates have been established.

Isotope

So are you telling me that the only way to get G&W and Duck Hunt (Without importing) is by buying the Retro Pack? They won't be sold separately?

ffs, i cant take this

So, two questions:

1) Has it been said if Gamestop 3 pack will have G&W's extra poses? I'm assuming not, but it would be cool.

2) Does anyone with an imported Ganondorf know what weapon it gives you in Hyrule Warriors?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Bob keeps trying to move away in my town...he's tried moving 3 times now. He's def a cool cat, but I'm not going back to card collecting.

And especially not with blind packs again...

I got insanely lucky and had him as a starting villager in my ACNL town at launch. He always ends up being in my towns throughout the games. He finally moved out randomly earlier this year. :(

So, two questions:

1) Has it been said if Gamestop 3 pack will have G&W's extra poses? I'm assuming not, but it would be cool.

2) Does anyone with an imported Ganondorf know what weapon it gives you in Hyrule Warriors?

G&W will have the extra poses regardless. Haven't tried Ganondorf in HW yet, but I believe he gives you weapons for Ganon.

Tomita

This is such fucking bullshit. And I didn't even think about the Mr Game and Watch peeps who wanted four individual versions for posing. Sorry G&W fans. ):

Guess I have to hope for a European import of ROB that's $20. Ugh. I can't justify spending more than that right now (or buying the 3-pack for $35), I already bought a bunch of books and have to purchase textbooks next month. NoA truly sucks.

Also if this 3-pack is an exclusive on top of it...Man, it's stupid enough to be a 3-pack. I feel like it is though. Wouldn't other retailers mention it by now? :/

That Animal Crossing book is really cool, showing you all the characters you have yet to get.
What fucking torture lmao.

Oh God Wrecking Crew just came on my playlist. WHY ROB WHY

Well, guess I'm heading to GameStop early on Saturday. Luckily there's many locations around me so I'll see how the lines are as I go. Was hoping we'd get the Famicom R.O.B. too but I want those 3 anyway so I'll have to get there.

Anime

Neo Member
U.S. amiibo collecting is tough no wonder so many people are importing.

Still i plan on fighting the good fight, really interested to see how the stock levels for these will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom