• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one guy here at mine so far, haven't got out yet to see how many on the door. This is actually kind of nice not having to wait super early for stuff lol

Lmao all these people are showing up and I start to get panicky and then they get out and go in Starbucks next door. Starbucks exclusive Falco confirmed.

//ARCANUM

Well in 70 mins early, 9th in line and this is on the door. Think I'm gonna be A-Okay.

6E93St2.jpg

5th in line and got here 90 min before. First in line is a hippie couple, smelling like do ritos and weed. 3rd is a 15 year old kid with a mario t shirt and his mom (who looks sleepy and pissed).

Thoraxes

This is at the largest and probably highest traffic GameStop in Austin, TX though. And we have tons of stores in this city. Some are literally across the street from each other. (Not a joke.)
That's nuts, but also fantastic news for you! Makes sense you'd get a lot then.

//ARCANUM

From what I gather all stores are opening 10EDT/7PDT so that no one time zone gets all the stock. Very nice.

Not true. Stores are opening one hour before their normal time. My store opens at 9am normally so they're opening at 8am. This pre-order they are not being done web-in-store so they're not all going after the same sever and therefore crashing it. These are pre-allocated pre-orders for each individual store. You pre-order at THIS store and then have to pick it up at THIS store.

isitstill

I've been here for about 30 minutes, but I'm first in line. Actually, I'm the only person in line, lol. I'm just a dude sitting on a bench outside of GameStop. My store has 32, BTW.

kirby_fox

Banned
With 4 options in a ten mile radius, I think I'll go to the smaller one first. Just going to hope there's parking with such a small lot.

And that they have decent numbers. Would be awful to go there and see them being so low volume they only have ten.

prateeko

Boom. All set. Turns out my store had 144 preorders. About 25-35 people in line by opening (8am EDT).

I was 5th in line and out in 5 min. Props to the GM at my store. Had I known there were so many preorders...I probably would've come as early to be able to get in and out immediately.

//ARCANUM

The awesome manager at my GS just handed out these so now I'm chilling in my car instead of on the pavement.

dcfxkdN.jpg

If you're in Austin, TX, come to the arboretum GameStop. You'll easily get one.

Zubz

Banned
I'm 12th in line for my last Amiibo job ever. I'm, like, the only one here without a 3DS. At least I got you nerds, I guess!

Also, one guy's here in Ness cosplay? With a Ness Amiibo in his chair's cupholder? Clearly, I need to step up my game.

prateeko

Oh, I thought maybe it was one of those DS lite mods or something.

Nope. Just a black micro with a Zelda faceplate (Rose Colored Gaming). I edited my post above but those things that modders make (the ones based on DS Lite are better since it has a better backlit screen) tend to be called Game Boy Macro or something along those lines. I have a backlit AGB-101 and a SP so I never felt the need to get one of those.

prateeko

So there should be a ton of them 3 packs is what I'm gathering from the posts so far. What do you guys think about post 9 am?

I imagine this will be kind of like Dark Pit (maybe a little worse since it's a weekend) with stores lasting until noonish. My store is probably among the busiest in a large city and had 144 with some of the nearby stores at 40 so I think anyone who shows up within an hour of opening should be fine. Thereafter when foot traffic picks up around lunchtime they'll probably run out is my guess.

Vidiot

Waiting in my car outside of gamestop a half hour before opening. So far two people there. I'll get out when more start coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom