• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Sweet! The opening employee let us in 15 minutes early!

Got my pre-order in. Fully paid off! Easiest amiibo pre-order ever!

I imagine this will be kind of like Dark Pit (maybe a little worse since it's a weekend) with stores lasting until noonish. My store is probably among the busiest in a large city and had 144 with some of the nearby stores at 40 so I think anyone who shows up within an hour of opening should be fine. Thereafter when foot traffic picks up around lunchtime they'll probably run out is my guess.
Tbh I didn't even bother with dark pit but if that's the case with these then I feel good going after 9 then.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll head in now. Was trying to finish up the Platinum for J-Stars Victory Vs. so I could have some credit, but I was feeling like crap yesterday.

prateeko

Three dudes here. Should be good!

EDIT: Probably best to pay in full, right?

Doesn't make a difference. I put $5 down and pre ordered a few other things. I suppose one could go back and pay it off before it arrives but once you preorder your name is on a list for the store and you're good to go.

Sponge

Banned
I think I'm here too early. My Gamestop is in a mall and they don't open until 10. They are still doing preorders and I seem to be the only one here.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
About 16 in line, they had 48. Didn't need to get up this early.

That's becoming a trend, I've noticed. Got here at 610 and it wasn't necessary, but the peace of mind.

In and out no issues. Way better than last week and I would not have expected it after the ness fisaco.

I was probably number 13 in line, got there at 10 minutes before opening, and the store had an allocation over 40. Hopefully this means Nintendo has figured out the supply situation.

Store opened at like 8 am due to people camping out , like 20 was the number of campers , wanted to ask when people camped too

Walked in at 9 am and saw two people buying a vita and a Wii u game

My bro and I got a pre order and left
That's how amiibos should be handled :p bring on the flood

scoot3r

Only 5 showed up to my GameStop. I live in Podunk though. Got mine and pre ordered the reader for the old school 3ds as well. Good times seems this run was plentiful

Phew, this was painless. Shoutout to Broadway and 33rd Gamestop, they had no line when I got there and they said they could take probably a hundred more preorders after mine. XD

I really only wanna keep Duck Hunt because I'd prefer Famicom ROB, but hey.

I got pro for fre

But what bullshit

Wow that is crap. I just finished with my preorder and never heard of those rules.

According to the receipt, the 3-pk comes out to be $34.99, same price as the Splatoon 3-pk.

Seriously, and of course I caved and bought in. I'm probably an idiot. There was an allocation of 32 and only 5 people in line at 9am. I could have waited until 10am, but I got there early to be high on the list. What if they don't get as many as they expected, ya know?

I'm seriously considering phoning corporate, as painful a process as that is.

KingBroly

Banned
Everyone showed up at my store around 8:30am. So there were like 15-20 in line when they opened with another 3-5 who were coming back later but had a card.

40 mins before they open, no one is in line yet but there is another car near me. Don't know how many they have up for pre-order because I'm too lazy to walk to the door yet lol

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Seriously, and of course I caved and bought in. I'm probably an idiot. There was an allocation of 32 and only 5 people in line at 9am. I could have waited until 10am, but I got there early to be high on the list. What if they don't get as many as they expected, ya know?

I'm seriously considering phoning corporate, as painful a process as that is.

Do it

Call corporate

Ooh i forgot about this. Sent a text to my bro to go see if he can get it for me when he wakes up, if not oh well, i just use my money on something else

Hero

Local GS had 48 per orders available, we only had 20 in line by the time the store opened. Pretty painless and got a Xenoblade 3D poster to boot. Definitely a positive experience.

Anime

Neo Member
I love the GameStop at Gateway mall!I got there at around 8:50 and there was only one other person waiting, the employees were nice and helpful and the whole process was quick and painless.I suppose since the Gamestop is still relativly new it may have played a part in this but nonetheless i am happy!

Im going to fill in the employee feedback survey you guys should too!

Not a fan of GameStop but must give credit where it's due. Walked in at 9:20, transaction done in a minute, no line (I'd missed it, a little less than 30 people). Had a lovely 15 minute chat with the knowledgable store manager who barely tried to upsell me at all (and to be honest the amiibo Mario 1-1 display is kind of awesome). An extremely pleasant experience, unlike most of this amiibo nonsense.

Zubz

Banned
I got #10, somehow! I guess I miscounted/some were just in line to keep others' company. But yeah, I got Duck Hunt! Now I'm out of the game for good! Or, at least until rares start feeling more like uncommons.

Either way, it's been a wild ride. By the way, I think I Streetpassed you in SSFIV3D during Comic Con, Dig.
You beat me; your figure game's too strong!

I still say you should all go in the morning of the launch , just in case they under ship these packs
My shookness :p

Game and watch should be everyone's main B^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom