• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Walmart -- Mario variations...it might get both Dr. Mario and the other missing 8-bit Mario.

Target is "female oriented", TRU is Pokemon, BB is the "rival", Amazon had the "Amazonian" one (tall, strong woman), GS has had the niche characters.

Out of all of those...I would bet Best Buy would get Bowser Jr. rather than TRU. He's the closest you'll get to another character in the "rival" category.
Yeah, I was thinking BB would closest fit the "requirements" for Bowser Jr.

I so hope Walmart doesn't get any more exclusives. They almost never have any amiibo, or it's all such old stuff.

Anime

Neo Member
NoA actually getting their shit together or people stop caring about amiibo in NA.

I think its a mix of people in NA opting to import instead of buying locally thus freeing up stock here and slightly better exclusives stock, this was how it was Early Wave 2 era.

I really wonder how the non exclusives will be handled.

kirby_fox

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking BB would closest fit the "requirements" for Bowser Jr.

I so hope Walmart doesn't get any more exclusives. They almost never have any amiibo, or it's all such old stuff.

My hope is that if they do, they'll have a TON of stock. They'll still limit 1 per customer, but you can walk in all day long and they will have enough stock.

The dream of being able to walk in and grab one off the store shelf like I lived in the UK...

kunonabi

Got to gs around 6:30 and was first in line. Around 10 more people trickled in starting around 7. Store had 58 for preorder and everything went smoothly. My Japanese palutena should be coming in the mail today so not a bad day for amiibos.

Vidiot

So that was easy to secure. Only need Falco and the DLC characters now. Still undecided if I'm getting the Mii. Really wish I could have got a custom me mii. Would have been awesome.

prateeko

Well this one was easy peasy. Walked into GS 10 minutes after they opened, no one there. Guy told me 1 person was waiting at open, I was 2nd. Put down my $5 and left. Between this and Palutena, what's going on??? ;)

My guess is NoA has wised up and the ports operating normally have made things a LOT easier.

KingBroly

Banned
I sorta figured this upcoming wave would be somewhat easy to get considering what Reggie said at E3. Palutena and Dark Pit were also kinda easy to get, so that's a bonus.

Walked into Gamestop at 9:30 to no crowd. Employee there said they went through about 1/4 their allotment. He offered me to preorder multiples if I wished but I only opted for one.

Wulfric

Amiibo 3-Pack preorder get! I was 20 out of 44 at 11 A.M in the morning.

I think there are a number of people out of there who are not preordering due the characters only being available so far in a bundle. But if you're in the market for a R.O.B figure, wouldn't you also likely be interested in, say, Duck Hunt? Nintendo didn't bundle these figures together on a whim, they're incredibly niche compared to Captain Falcon and even Shulk.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or maybe the demand isn't high for characters that haven't really been in newer games outside of Smash. I mean, when was the last time the Duck Hunt dog was actually in a game excluding SSB?

Or R.O.B outside of Brawl & Mario Kart DS?

Ness at the very least is younger than any of those 3 & has a larger, dedicated fanbase, plus has been in Smash since the beginning.

Well, I strolled into Gamestop at around noon and still got a preorder. Apparently they had 60 preorders available and only filled about 20 so far.

starmud

All these easy pre order stories. Where are the fellow so cal people?

Number 15, got here at 8:20am. When doors opened they counted down and already sold out of their allotted 53. Counted at least 68 people in line.

Friends who live closer to busier stores are talking 60+ people in line :| everyone is hitting my quiet stores first. Sad face.

Chucker

I dont thinks its too far fetched , i mean Nintendo still hasn't given a rationale as to why NA is the only location stuck with exclusives, Apparently a Rep stated that there was a theme among which character would be exclusive to each retailer.

So far Toys R Us only had Pokmon , Target had Female Friendly characters , Best Buy has a dark theme with dark pit and meta , Gamestop has obscure and classic nintendo characters,Walmart and Amazon only had the Variant and Palutena for some reason.

That and Dr Mario and Bowser Jr were missing in several store databases , most evident was their lack of placeholder on amazon.

I don't think it's that deep. Aside from Target, all of the exclusives have had the same color packaging.

Meta Knight and DP were Purple.
Ness, and Shulk were Red.
Lucario and Greninja were Blue
Target got w/e.

Number 15, got here at 8:20am. When doors opened they counted down and already sold out of their allotted 53. Counted at least 68 people in line.

Friends who live closer to busier stores are talking 60+ people in line :| everyone is hitting my quiet stores first. Sad face.

This is just my opinion but California people go in when it comes to exclusive x deals x etc
I remember the hp touchpad had the fire sale and it was like $100, I went the night before and they had 20 at an office max
The next morning I went (when the clearance started) they were sold out of all 20 within the first 30 minutes of opening

This was in San Diego

So cal here, was 6th in line at a store near Manhattan Beach. Got there at 630am. By the time the doors opened there were about 30 people. The store had 55 preorders available. So overall I lost some sleep , but better safe than sorry.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think it's that deep. Aside from Target, all of the exclusives have had the same color packaging.

Meta Knight and DP were Purple.
Ness, and Shulk were Red.
Lucario and Greninja were Blue
Target got w/e.
& then ROB, Duck Hunt, & MG&W are.....not red.

I'd say it's more of a coincidence.

Velcro Fly

I'm absolutely terrified of the AC cards now. Just let me buy a box please!

Also the Chibi Robo bundle I hope it is not super limited. I passed on Chibi Robo import last week and I'm hoping to not regret that.

AdanVC

So this 3 bundle pack as been pretty easy to get so far? That's actually good news. Maybe this 3 characters are not that popular so that's why not too many people are that interested on them? Or people simply stopped caring about amiibo already...

willizle02

Neo Member
My store had 40, and they opened at 9. I literally woke up 10 minutes ago (so around 9:30ish), walked up to gamestop right now with no line at all, and got a retro pack. Idk why I was worried. B)

(I live in SoCal btw)

I am concerned for next wave. Apart from Dr mario that is a mario, the others are not very popular among the general public and I am afraid nintendo will make less amiibos.

God damn it. We just have to pray

I got to my Gamestop at about 8:30, was 9th in line and they had 43 amiibo preorders. By the time I left there was only about 5 more people who showed up.

Baliis

Got to my store at like 8:15, like 10 other people in line in a pretty small town. The weirdest part was that there was another guy there playing IA/VT on his vita, I didn't even know anyone else in this town owned a vita.

Got to my store at like 8:15, like 10 other people in line in a pretty small town. The weirdest part was that there was another guy there playing IA/VT on his vita, I didn't even know anyone else in this town owned a vita.

Haha I was playing IA/VT on my Vita here in Grand Rapids too

willizle02

Neo Member
The employee at gamestop was also telling me about how he was talking to a NoA representative yesterday, and the rep tells him "I bet you guys think we have all the amiibos" and the employee was just like "uh... yeah?" so the rep continued on about how they have a big display of all the amiibos, but since they have to ship em all out before they can get any, they're missing a few of them like Rosalina, Lucario, and I think he said also Ike, but I can't remember. But long story short, not even NoA is safe from the clutches of NoA...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
ItALXOh.jpg

My store had 79 and I was first in line. That went way too smoothly. There were only about 25 people by opening. I have a bad feeling there will be random delays on some orders like Ike and Dedede. How could they possibly have so many?!

Poor diggeh no one reads his post.
Wait, other people see the OT? I always thought it was a delusion of my own mental creation.

You found Diggeh and his scalpermobile, nice.

YOU CANNOT STOP THE SCALPERMOBILE *peels out*

LostAnkh

My boss gave me a heads up that his wife's store had 25 more left over, which was nice.

I still don't plan on getting the three pack any time soon though.

Enforcer

I got my preorder in with no trouble, thankfully. I had a long day yesterday and didn't wake up until about 10:30, so I ended up getting to my nearest GS a few minutes after 11. Despite that, I was able to walk in and right up to the register and place my order. Probably the easiest exclusive I've dealt with. I was expecting shenanigans after what happened with Dark Pit in my town, so I was pleasantly surprised. It's still not gonna stop me from importing most of the rest of the next wave, however!

I'm central Cali and while I got shafted with Dark Pit (guy in front of me got the last one), this one went super smooth. I'm not sure what to make of it, LOL.

Anime

Neo Member
The employee at gamestop was also telling me about how he was talking to a NoA representative yesterday, and the rep tells him "I bet you guys think we have all the amiibos" and the employee was just like "uh... yeah?" so the rep continued on about how they have a big display of all the amiibos, but since they have to ship em all out before they can get any, they're missing a few of them like Rosalina, Lucario, and I think he said also Ike, but I can't remember. But long story short, not even NoA is safe from the clutches of NoA...

No surprises here , many people believe that its Nintendo of Japan who's calling the shots overseas, although NoE have a bit more liberty than NoA they are still seen as 'yesman'.

I wonder how the conversations between the Japanese employees and NoJ reps go. Thats the only way i see anyone getting answers about this whole situation.

HardRojo

I really hope they'll offer them separately somewhere down the line. This is NoA we're talking about though, so they might even come up with a DLC amiibo pack. I shouldn't give them any ideas.

Boogiepop

So wait, have there been preorders for the Chibi-Robo bundle yet? And is it seperate from the game preorders up right now? Gamestop employee called my number after I preordered this morning and left a message saying "hey, if you're a collecter you should totally preorder this game, it comes with an exclusive amiibo". Guessing just usual Gamestop employee not knowing what they're talking about syndrome? (Related question for Mario Maker, I suppose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom