• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
There has been no pre-order info for the next wave in NA yet? Not surprising, so this probably means it will be a line up and cross your fingers type deal?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
There has been no pre-order info for the next wave in NA yet? Not surprising, so this probably means it will be a line up and cross your fingers type deal?

There's rumors that Gamestop will be doing preorders, but nothing concrete.

So are the mii fighters just available in the 3 pack or separately as well?

They haven't said 3-pack exclusive with no single packs yet, but I bet that's the case.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
When will the GAF exclusive Diggeh go up on pre-order??

YSkNTAx.gif

From a Walmart employee on Reddit:

I'm sure quite a bit of this has been posted here in the past, but I haven't been following this sub as much as I used to, sorry if I post something that's common knowledge.
The only 5B figures Walmart stores will be getting are Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and Ganondorf, available Sep. 11.
We'll be getting the 3DS NFC reader on Sep. 15.
AC:HHD is only listed as a bundle to be released on Sep. 25.
Wooly World amiibo available Oct 16, with and without a bundle. If I read the list right, the green Yoshi will only be in the bundle.
This is all from the Video Game New Release list that was made available today for associates.

Also goes on to mention that they will have the blue Yoshi amiibo, which makes it look like a Walmart exclusive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3gntlt/walmart_news_for_upcoming_amiibo_and_related_items/

KingBroly

Banned
From a Walmart employee on Reddit:

I'm sure quite a bit of this has been posted here in the past, but I haven't been following this sub as much as I used to, sorry if I post something that's common knowledge.
The only 5B figures Walmart stores will be getting are Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and Ganondorf, available Sep. 11.
We'll be getting the 3DS NFC reader on Sep. 15.
AC:HHD is only listed as a bundle to be released on Sep. 25.
Wooly World amiibo available Oct 16, with and without a bundle. If I read the list right, the green Yoshi will only be in the bundle.
This is all from the Video Game New Release list that was made available today for associates.

Also goes on to mention that they will have the blue Yoshi amiibo, which makes it look like a Walmart exclusive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3gntlt/walmart_news_for_upcoming_amiibo_and_related_items/

He says bundle and no bundle for Woolly World and no 8-bit Marios for their stores.

The fuck , I was counting on a Mario maker amiibo bundle cause it'd be a good price since I want the amiibo and game

Bet NoA got shook over the unsold x returned MP10 bundles

Less than a month til the game releases too, if that bundle is a NWS exclusive lol

Official Mii Fighter 3-Pack art on the amiibo lineup page

UEToqiiUgtd9MetRbmraBqR2tOf-1HEj.png

"The Mii Gunner amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Mii Fighter 3-pack set."
"The Mii Swordfighter amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Mii Fighter 3-pack set."
Both of the above are listed for November 2015 release. No such statement exists on the Mii Brawler amiibo figure page (yet). Mii Brawler has not yet been updated from the original September release date.

"The R.O.B. amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Retro 3-pack set."
No such statement exists on the Duck Hunt or Mr. Game & Watch amiibo figure pages (yet). R.O.B. is set for September 25. Duck Hunt and G&W still say September.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Official Mii Fighter 3-Pack art on the amiibo lineup page

"The Mii Gunner amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Mii Fighter 3-pack set."
"The Mii Swordfighter amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Mii Fighter 3-pack set."
Both of the above are listed for November 2015 release. No such statement exists on the Mii Brawler amiibo figure page (yet). Mii Brawler has not yet been updated from the original September release date.

"The R.O.B. amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Retro 3-pack set."
No such statement exists on the Duck Hunt or Mr. Game & Watch amiibo figure pages (yet). R.O.B. is set for September 25. Duck Hunt and G&W still say September.

such consistency

the updated dates are probably correct for all of them; someone was just lazy about updating Mii Brawler, Duck Hunt and Game & Watch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A shame their abilities probably won't carry over. It's cool they took the Kirby's Adventure sprite, but imagine if you could also fly & swallow/shoot enemies as Kirby as well.

Also I can't wait to scan the Retro 3-Pack.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I preordered that a few days ago which I plan on opening but I need 3 imports to keep boxed to match my otherwise all NA boxed collection.

Btw is individual retro characters still a possibility in the the NA region?

Nope. 3-Pack exclusive all the way. What better thing to do near the end of the non-DLC Smash amiibo line than to make 3-packs that mess up the roster?

Thanks NoA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No surprise, but Chibi-Robo amiibo will work on Super Mario Maker along with the Animal Crossing amiibo & cards, via the game's amiibo page.

I wonder if you were to scan a yarn Yoshi that wasn't green if it'd give you a different colored Yoshi.

Shauni

It is crazy to think how easily it was to walk in on Saturday and pre-order the Retro 3-Pack, and that it's still up days later. I hope that's a good sign for the next waves, though all I need need is Ganondorf and I was never worried about him. I would like the 8-bit Marios, though.

HardRojo

Stores in Peru keep taking pre-orders and keep announcing the Modern version of the 8-bit Mario amiibo for the 11th of September. I wonder if we'll actually get it here on that date.

Shauni

I'm wondering if Gamestop is just going to do what they did last wave and just say screw pre-orders in NA, and just first come, first serve on release date. I was hoping with the Retro pack it meant they'd be up for more pre-ordering and all, but since I see the Retro pack is later than 5B by the OP, I'm doubtful.

The thing that sucks about the cards is I will literally never have anyone to trade with IRL, and I feel like online trading would be a total pain in the ass, and probably cost more than it's worth unless you manage to trade several at once or something.

InkoMint

Neo Member
I'm thinking I'm going to get quite a few packs of those cards. Just reminds me of middleschool and Pokémon cards.

And then it reminded me I never traded, just showed them off.

And now as an adult I have no friends to show them off to.

Such is life...

So it seems like from the trailer that you can add an Amiibo, then when you share the level, anyone can play as that character when they get the mushroom, even if they don't have the Amiibo? Very cool if so. Must try and create G&W style level amd a Zelda like dungeon.

HardRojo

I'm gonna end up with 2 Dedede Amiibo lol. Bought a Rosalina and Dedede earlier today and they should be here tomorrow. An hour later I was talking to this friend I used to date some months ago and she mentioned she had bought one for me yesterday since she knew I didn't have that one and wanted it badly. I didn't tell her I already had bought one lol. Such is the Amiibo life.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I got my Chara Parfait magazine in the mail from Amazon JP today! That thing is super awesome and really fun to read. Lots of 4-komas and Nintendo goodies. It even comes with a little handbag in a separate box. I thought it was just an advertisement on the cover, not a freebie!

But that's not what you're here for. You want to see the exclusive Isabelle amiibo card exclusive to a specific magazine exclusive to Japan.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

I got my Chara Parfait magazine in the mail from Amazon JP today! That thing is super awesome and really fun to read. Lots of 4-komas and Nintendo goodies. It even comes with a little handbag in a separate box. I thought it was just an advertisement on the cover, not a freebie!

But that's not what you're here for. You want to see the exclusive Isabelle amiibo card exclusive to a specific magazine exclusive to Japan.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

Dingleh pls

Update slOw-P with the official Mii Fighters box art

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Dingleh pls

Update slOw-P with the official Mii Fighters box art

kDoZESX.png

I'm not putting that pathetic pile of puny pixels in the OT. Waiting on HD pictures. I can revert it back to the three single figures if it bothers you guys.

EDIT: Just for fun:
1GIMhOO.png

Yeah, you guys deserve better than Nintendo's blurry little pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom