• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Retro 3-Pack is still up online? Dayum.

image.php

HE GOT TWO! HE GOT TWO!

That's just dumb as hell , really surprised the 3 packs aren't getting reprinted , splatoon sold like a million copies right ?

So no squids aka dlc for most people in the USA 0_o

You're sort of in luck benzy!

UEToqiiUgtd9MetRbmraBqR2tOf-1HEj.png

"The Mii Gunner amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Mii Fighter 3-pack set." etc

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/RDoOm1FAYhWFYhzTrCAgPvWJqYhkqPsM

Sadly, customized Miis aren't happening.

Oh I saw that up above and didn't even realise it's a 3 pack :p

But they're sold separately here in Australia at $18 a pop, which is a bit much for me when I don't care about them for anything beyond completing the Smash set :x

Maybe they'll have too many of them and go on sale for $12 like what happened to the Mario and Splatoon ones recently.

Oh I saw that up above and didn't even realise it's a 3 pack :p

But they're sold separately here in Australia at $18 a pop, which is a bit much for me when I don't care about them for anything beyond completing the Smash set :x

Maybe they'll have too many of them and go on sale for $12 like what happened to the Mario and Splatoon ones recently.

Too true. Sometimes I forget there's a whole world outside these United States :p

Sales are a definite possibility though.

HardRojo

So Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. will be the exclusives of this wave? Good, because of those 2 I was only planning to pick up Bowser Jr. for now. Pretty sure Dr. Mario will be easily obtainable.

Toki767

Do we actually know if Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr are going to be retailer exclusive?

Yes. Bowser Jr. is only showing up at TRU computers (hence he isn't up at Wal-mart even though the rest of the wave is)

Dr. Mario we don't know for sure where yet, but all signs do point to Target since they're expected to have another exclusive.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
UK Amiibo fans, these bundles and Amiibo card pricing may interest you

EDIT: i just found out there is an Amiibo Europe thread.... it's Amiibo crazy here.

Yeah, EU/UK and Canada split into their own amiibo OTs because everything is so different in those regions. A shame really, there's a bunch of cool people that don't post in here anymore. I even included a link to each community in the OT.

Also their OTs are super old and outdated. In fact, Canada still links to OT3 as our main OT. Yikes. Don't make me come over there and fix everything, guys. :p

Yeah, EU/UK and Canada split into their own amiibo OTs because everything is so different in those regions. A shame really, there's a bunch of cool people that don't post in here anymore. I even included a link to each community in the OT.

Also their OTs are super old and outdated. In fact, Canada still links to OT3 as our main OT. Yikes. Don't make me come over there and fix everything, guys. :p

Remeber that this is the 7th* OT for amiibo, whilst the UK/EU is still on its original one. I wouldn't mind it being updated, but really, the problems with us are not stock issues but price issues. that would leave us talking about 2 different things, and atleast 1 sides conversation being drowned out.

(* Dam 4th OT Selling out too quickly!)

I've been patiently waiting for the Splatoon 3 pack to pop up again, but at this point I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

It's such a buzz kill for myself and a few friends. I really don't like this Amiibo-locked content. I would take DLC over this.

A couple of questions...

- Do either of the 8-bit Mario Amiibos unlock anything specific in Super Mario Maker? I know they're being bundled.​

- Any news on Famicom ROB availability?​

Toki767

A couple of questions...

- Do either of the 8-bit Mario Amiibos unlock anything specific in Super Mario Maker? I know they're being bundled.​

- Any news on Famicom ROB availability?​

8-bit Mario unlocks a Super Mushroom for use with Mario Maker levels.

Famicom ROB will probably go up for pre-order whenever the rest of the wave does on Amazon Japan.

Thoraxes

At least I can sleep sound knowing that the Mario one will probably be produced in such high numbers that it'll be easy to get, given the circumstances for it's release.

atomsk

Party Pooper
At this point I'm just hoping I can get Chibi-Robo and Classic Mario... then I'm good until Lucas

Until they announce a Waluigi anyway.

RK128

You would think a Waluigi amiibo would be out by now...Maybe this fall?

I could easily picture Waluigi, SM Wario, SM Rosenala, Daisy and remaining roster of Mario Tennis Wii U to co-enside with a new wave of Super Mario Amiibo for the game (with Mario Part 10 getting a patch to support the Amiibo).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So does Dr. Mario = Target break the theory of "Target = female characters/characters targeting females"?

& for that matter, assuming Bowser Jr. is indeed TRU exclusive, that'd also break their theory of Pokemon exclusives.

kirby_fox

Banned
So does Dr. Mario = Target break the theory of "Target = female characters/characters targeting females"?

& for that matter, assuming Bowser Jr. is indeed TRU exclusive, that'd also break their theory of Pokemon exclusives.

It's obvious what happened here.

Amazon really wanted an Amazonian woman, so they traded all of their Dr. Mario amiibo for Palutena amiibo to Target. And then TRU wanted Mewtwo to be exclusive, so Nintendo traded Bowser Jr to TRU so Mewtwo didn't have to be exclusive.

Just some amiibo trading. That's all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Target has a pharmacy so to me it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom