• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime

Neo Member
I'm still surprised they haven't done Pokemon cards with amiibo support. You'd think they'd make for the perfect combination.

They probably will with ethier the next pokemon game or in Gen 7.

Ethier that or they will add amiibo support to the TCG like what they did in gen 3 era with special e reader cards.

Anime

Neo Member
So these are confirmed common right? (3 pack)

I dont think pre orders should be an indication to tell us that, post release stock also matters in determining whether or not its rare/common etc.

For instance you wouldnt call shulk a common would you?due to having a fantastic pre order window almost 3 weeks from what i remember.His post luanch stock however pretty much nonexistent

For this triple pack if they handle it like what they did with the splatoon triple pack i wouldnt get excited, i still cant find one of those.

OmegaFax

Do those Animal Crossing Amiibo cards function like regular Amiibo in other games? Like, will scanning one into Hyrule Warriors or Amiibo Tap give you any bonuses like the figurines do?

Whoever posted that Christmas ornament Kickstarter/idea.... I hate you, because now I have further justification on buying this crap.

Oh god, why can't I stop.

blamite

What, you guys don't have the Mewtwo amiibo already?

86k3tbB.png

Thanks, I was able to snag it. Hopefully my order isn't cancelled though. I had a little mishap through the checkout process so I deleted my first order, tried to reorder and it wouldn't allow me, even though the initial order said closed, so I used a different email instead and this one still says it's open but I can't edit it at all or even cancel it.

Pray for me amiibros, I really want these guys...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what're the chances we could see a Star Fox Zero bundle featuring a Falco amiibo? & for that matter, think the amiibo support will be similar to Ace Combat on 3DS, where it's a bunch of different skins for the planes?

Velcro Fly

If there is a bundle I hope it isn't bundle exclusive. I have no interest in Star Fox at all but want the Falco amiibo for the Smash set.

kirby_fox

Banned
So what're the chances we could see a Star Fox Zero bundle featuring a Falco amiibo? & for that matter, think the amiibo support will be similar to Ace Combat on 3DS, where it's a bunch of different skins for the planes?

We'll see a bundle-- they'll announce Wolf is coming back and we're getting Slippy as a new DLC character. You can get all 3 amiibo exclusively at Best Buy in one pack!

Wondering when we'll hear about the final exclusives for this set. Considering we had info for the 3 and a fast preordering for them, I wonder if that means we'll see the same for whoever gets the other exclusive amiibo.

Wait... the Game & Watch guy doesn't come with the interchangeable parts on it's own? How is that supposed to work? I tried checking the first post and didn't see the details on that part.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... the Game & Watch guy doesn't come with the interchangeable parts on it's own? How is that supposed to work? I tried checking the first post and didn't see the details on that part.

It's not shown on the 3-pack box, but all Game & Watch amiibo come with the separate interchangeable pieces on the backing and the bottom of the package. It's clearer on the import boxes. Here's an unboxing video to give you an idea.

BC2MWVe.png

I could add some separate text to clarify since they don't say it on the NA box. No idea why it's not on there.

It's not shown on the 3-pack box, but all Game & Watch amiibo come with the separate interchangeable pieces on the backing and the bottom of the package. It's clearer on the import boxes. Here's an unboxing video to give you an idea.

I could add some separate text to clarify since they don't say it on the NA box. No idea why it's not on there.
*wink* I think that's good OP information for those of us that check the first post. :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I reorganized Waves 5 and 6 so that they finally make sense. I also did some minor updates like adding Falco's box art, adding in the NA Retro/Mii Trio Pack art, and explaining stuff like the Game & Watch pieces better.

I5ZwpJq.png

JoeM86

Every time I see this picture I always wonder when they're going to start making an actual amiibo line for Pokémon.

As does my inevitably dwindling bank account :( I think the inevitable Pokkén home console launch would be perfect for figures

I'm thinking cards would be the way to go for it in general though, akin to the Carddass cards since they can't be implemented in the standard TCG since it'd alter the structure of the cards and make it easy to tell which card is from which set when shuffling etc. Have a bit of free software to use them on, job done.

Never in the main games, though.

Zalman

As does my inevitably dwindling bank account :( I think the inevitable Pokkén home console launch would be perfect for figures

I'm thinking cards would be the way to go for it in general though, akin to the Carddass cards since they can't be implemented in the standard TCG since it'd alter the structure of the cards and make it easy to tell which card is from which set when shuffling etc. Have a bit of free software to use them on, job done.

Never in the main games, though.
I could see them make figures of the most popular ones, similar to what Animal Crossing is doing. The main games could have some side mini-game for them since they love doing weird stuff like Pokéathlon and Pokémon Amie, but yeah, they'll never be a fundamental part of them.

JoeM86

I could see them make figures of the most popular ones, similar to what Animal Crossing is doing. The main games could have some side mini-game for them since they love doing weird stuff like Pokéathlon and Pokémon Amie, but yeah, they'll never be a fundamental part of them.

What they could do with cards is something like how they used e-Reader for standard cards.

There were construction patterns that scanned in and could be used to build a 2D Platformer so scan say a Beedrill and you put a Beedrill (and others) in the level, while others gave minigames themselves. If they did that, it'd be pretty cool.

Any update on when the September 11 wave will be available for preorder? My phone uninstalled LINE.

if its anything like the last wave amazon probably wont put them up till release day and others maybe like a couple weeks before once they no how much stock they will have so they dont over sell.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
What they could do with cards is something like how they used e-Reader for standard cards.

There were construction patterns that scanned in and could be used to build a 2D Platformer so scan say a Beedrill and you put a Beedrill (and others) in the level, while others gave minigames themselves. If they did that, it'd be pretty cool.

I didn't know they did that. Sounds super fun. In my perfect world they release pokken fighter over here and all the reps in that game get amiibo to start with.

Adamator

I heard rumor that Bowser Jr might be a store exclusive due to the fact that Amazon doesn't have a place holder up. Any update on him in that regard?

1up

I heard rumor that Bowser Jr might be a store exclusive due to the fact that Amazon doesn't have a place holder up. Any update on him in that regard?

Speculation is saying Bowser Jr and Dr Mario may be exclusives. We'll have to wait and see right now.

Anime

Neo Member
Alright, I reorganized Waves 5 and 6 so that they finally make sense. I also did some minor updates like adding Falco's box art, adding in the NA Retro/Mii Trio Pack art, and explaining stuff like the Game & Watch pieces better.

I5ZwpJq.png

Thanks diggeh you are a champion among champions.Really eager to see when Famicom R.O.B. will get a preorder!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Jr. is showing up in TRU's system and Dr. is showing up in Target's system, but until we get confirmation I won't add them in yet. I did leave a gap in that section for store exclusive tags though.

Thanks diggeh you are a champion among champions.Really eager to see when Famicom R.O.B. will get a preorder!

I do it for you guys! Especially you, Anime! You've brought me so much joy with One Piece and JoJo and Trigun and FMA and everything!

But seriously Anime, where's season 2 of No Game No Life and some more Nichijou c'mon son

D-Stubbs

Is there anywhere I can still import an Olimar? Been thinking about doing that, he's the one I want most out of the next wave and I bet he'll be the hardest to get. And if I'm still able to obtain an NA one then so be it. One of the few I wouldn't mind having a second to keep in the box.

Trying to get rid of these. Am open to trading them for things. Have a list of things I am looking for in the B/S/T thread.

Shulk (x2) - $25
Toad - $15
Marth - $25
Fox - $20
Greninja - $25
Pacman - $15
Rosalina - $25
Peach - $10 (opened, scuffed butt)
Pit - $20 (opened)
Lucario - $25
Samus - $20
King DeDeDe - $25
Ness - $25

US only. Shipping not included.

Anime

Neo Member
Jr. is showing up in TRU's system and Dr. is showing up in Target's system, but until we get confirmation I won't add them in yet. I did leave a gap in that section for store exclusive tags though.

I do it for you guys! Especially you, Anime! You've brought me so much joy with One Piece and JoJo and Trigun and FMA and everything!

But seriously Anime, where's season 2 of No Game No Life and some more Nichijou c'mon son

Haha i'll deliver it pronto if you put a pantsu on your head!

13de614f67f3e9fe6170f320b74eefb6255733ec_hq.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haha i'll deliver it pronto if you put a pantsu on your head!

I, uh...well...I think I can wait for the light novels to progress a little bit longer like with DanMachi.

xYvrGJW.gif

Updated the non-Smash stuff in the OT with all the new box arts and made it all look better. I'm waiting on an official confirmation of the Yarn Yoshi being delayed until November before updating that section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom