• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
noooo.gif

Just buy him today on Amazon for $20 shipped?

KingBroly

Banned
I imported every Wave 5 Smash amiibo except Ganondorf. Given the recent stock surge, I regret doing so because I'd have saved some money.

Also, Samus is apparently unicorn status now, and probably won't get a reprint.

I've had zero luck with Target for amiibos (never once saw Rosalina or Jigglypuff) and I don't really care for Dr. Mario so I'm not gonna worry too much about that since it's not a priority for me. TRU has been great for me so that's that.

Olimar is my top priority this wave. He's the first amiibo I really want 2 of.

D-Stubbs

Was at TRU today and they had three Wii Fit Trainers in stock! Clerk said they had just got them in this morning. I already have one so I didn't bother getting it but was still cool to see.

bowser jr came in today im ready for september now :)

k2AXG9Gl.jpg

All i need is 8 bit mario but im not gonna camp for it just gonna hit up some stores in michigan that sell them at midnight and see if i can get it then if i dont oh well :)

Lets just say Meijer is your best friend i got all of wave 4 there minus exclusives at midnight in the howell store with zero competition there great for amiibo have been that way for me since wave 1 when i found the holy trinity there a 2 weeks after launch lol.

Michigan here, too. Meijer has been pretty great for me, as well. Marth, Villager, Sheik, etc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got lucky with Meijer on being the first person to get choice of amiibo right from the shipment box (Ike, Dedede, & a Mega Man), plus I was able to nab a Captain Falcon there once.

They also randomly will discount one popular amiibo, like right now, Bowser SSB is $10.

I got lucky with Meijer on being the first person to get choice of amiibo right from the shipment box (Ike, Dedede, & a Mega Man), plus I was able to nab a Captain Falcon there once.

They also randomly will discount one popular amiibo, like right now, Bowser SSB is $10.

meijer is actually where i found my Pit, diddy, luigi, and zelda and i missed little mac and captain falcon i missed by min the guy in electronics told me they sold out of those right before i got there :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird how ZSS is getting more shipped compared to Ganondorf & Olimar. Maybe it'll be another Sheik situation where we think he's rare, but turns out to be around the uncommon area.

looking at the dr mario stock numbers makes me think gamestop really did get a ton of the 3 pack to sell guess we at the point where exclusives dont need to be worried about.

So there's no date yet? Just quantity?

they release september 11th and the 3 pack from gamestop is sep 25th

georly

So where is bowser jr? toys r us? Don't make me go to two different stores hunting for them that morning. ;_;

At least TRU are in the same plaza as target. Wonder which one I should hit up first. I basically need to acquire a total of 4 ganondorf amiibo somehow for friends and family.

KingBroly

Banned
So where is bowser jr? toys r us? Don't make me go to two different stores hunting for them that morning. ;_;

At least TRU are in the same plaza as target. Wonder which one I should hit up first. I basically need to acquire a total of 4 ganondorf amiibo somehow for friends and family.

1 - Yes, probably TRU. Since there are less TRU's out there, it means more stock per stock.

2 - Target opens 2 hours before TRU, but TRU will also probably put their stock up for pre-order online at 3am EST whenever they do, like last time.

Given the stock of Jigglypuff, as well as the restock, it probably won't be a problem.

Triple Dash

Neo Member
Wouldn't be surprised if the increased numbers has to do with the delay time between releases in the PAL/JP regions.

Good things come to those who wait?

georly

Wouldn't be surprised if the increased numbers has to do with the delay time between releases in the PAL/JP regions.

Good things come to those who wait?

Yeah i'm so glad they're staggering releases and releasing so much more. Not 100% fixed, but 10000 times better than before.

KingBroly

Banned
Palutena/Dark Pit wasn't bad.

The Retro 3-pack seems like ridiculous amounts of overstock. These seem better than Palutena/Dark Pit.

And Gamestop has SKU #'s up now for Classic 8-bit Mario, ZSS, Ganon and Olimar.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Some people have yet to see the light of importing.
Come on Diggeh, you know some people like to have region specific collections. Besides, not all of us want to spend the extra cash if we can avoid doing so or care about having them months early. You imported Dr. Mario knowing there was a strong chance he would have a large shipment, exclusive or not.

Velcro Fly

Looks like 8-bit Mario is going to be decently well stocked at Target at least

Looks like most of them will be about as stocked as Pac Man was on release

Looking better NoA

KingBroly

Banned
Looks like 8-bit Mario is going to be decently well stocked at Target at least

Looks like most of them will be about as stocked as Pac Man was on release

Looking better NoA

Well...going by the numbers

8 of each for 8-bit Mario, Olimar and Ganondorf
10-12 of ZSS
40-50 of Dr. Mario

per store.

Well...going by the numbers

8 of each for 8-bit Mario, Olimar and Ganondorf
10-12 of ZSS
40-50 of Dr. Mario

per store.

thats actually very good stock better than every other wave thats come out its obvious though that alot of time was sprnt mass producing the store exclusives and rightfully so as those are the ones that fans have been complaining about not being able to find the most.

Can we pre-order these there now? Or is it just gonna be a first come first serve thing when they arrive?

no preorders yet the only amiibo from this wave that ahs had any pre-orders from any store was the retro 3 pack. At this point dont expect pre-orders and jsut prepare your launch day plans.

KingBroly

Banned
thats actually very good stock better than every other wave thats come out its obvious though that alot of time was sprnt mass producing the store exclusives and rightfully so as those are the ones that fans have been complaining about not being able to find the most.

Well, besides the Dr. Mario stock, it's roughly the same stock #'s. I hope that they have a limit 1 of each per customer limit this time. Last time it was 2.

Velcro Fly

Exclusives being plentiful should have been the plan from the very start. I guess it took almost a year but finally things are getting better. I imagine retailer demand has a lot to do with this too since the wave at the end of May sold really well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some new pics of Rosalina, Peach, Pac-Man, & Mega Man in Super Mario Maker:

Needed a better picture of Mega Man to confirm if it's his NES sprite, but I do like how Pac-Man's sprite is based on Pac-Land.

illusionary

UK-GAF - Shopto are now taking pre-orders of the 'modern' coloured 8-bit Mario amiibo, at £14.86. I'm pleasantly surprised by the £14.99 RRP that they're showing.

Draxal

The NVC guys were right. The more you have the better they look.

Amiibo don't look great on their own, like the fire emblem ones by their own don't look great. But once you group them in their own series (like fire emblem, kirby, mario) they look alot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom