• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random. Somebody on an amiibo fb group will be selling me a OOB Fox for 18. Could have got it for 15 but they're basically delivering from georgia to florida.

Decent price imo

The_Afroman

Just wanting to share my collection display.

QbYm9q9.jpg

My custom Four Swords group.

thca6ZE.jpg

and my simple but great looking custom Wario.

pK4DY8G.jpg

Really need to find a nice case to put these amiibos. Ive never even opened up one of the amiibos that I have, they are all in their cases, have no clue if they work or not..so not sure what kind of case is good to get..I saw the Insignia case at best buy that holds 12 amiibos but not sure that is the right case to get, besides I have more than 12 amiibos..should I just keep them in the packaging but open them up nicely so I can put them back in when not in use

VICI0US

retro 3 pack was surprisingly easy to get. I guess having 8 gamestops in this town really helps divide people up as opposed to something like TRU where there's only 1 store.

got there about 30 minutes early and was 10th in line. they actually let us in about 10 minutes before 9, got my order in easy peasy.

Drago

Got Doctor Mario from Japan yesterday.

I'm surprised at how high quality he is. For some reason I thought a random unpopular, unimportant clone wouldn't have the build quality and detailing he has.

I also wonder what the heck other uses this thing will have going forward, since it seems unlikely they'd add Amiibo support to a future Doctor Mario game.
Dr. Mario, so far, works exactly like Mario does in any game that supports him. He unlocks the Mario suit in MK8 and you can use him as a Mario game piece in MP10. There will be games other than Smash where he does different things from normal Mario (I'm sure he will have a custom sprite in SMM) but for the most part you can expect him to do what regular Mario does.

Regiruler

I want a reprint series of the kid icarus cards as amiibo. Would finally give stores an excuse to sell them.

Problem is that there are over 300 of them.

Kirye

I want a reprint series of the kid icarus cards as amiibo. Would finally give stores an excuse to sell them.

Problem is that there are over 300 of them.

Don't let that stop Nintendo!

Get excited for the final wave of Kid Icarus amiibo, coming July 2051!

Maengun1

With how successful Splatoon has been for Nintendo this summer, I really hope they re-stock the amiibo 3 pack at some point. I really stupidly passed on it at the time (literally had it in my amazon cart and then canceled) because I was being a "just gonna stick to the Smash line, can't buy them ALL" person......but at this point I'm playing more Splatoon than Smash Bros. and I really want them now :/

Azerare

I just want to track down these fire emblem characters! Got lucky when my friend managed to get me a robin. Hopefully I won't have trouble tracking down a Roy when the time comes.

Does anyone remember how close to release Amazon.co.jp put up pre-orders for Wave 5B? I would like to be still off from school when they put them up so I don't miss out on them (I know they usually last for a day but I'm still going to be paranoid).

Velcro Fly

Does anyone remember how close to release Amazon.co.jp put up pre-orders for Wave 5B? I would like to be still off from school when they put them up so I don't miss out on them (I know they usually last for a day but I'm still going to be paranoid).

It was a couple weeks maybe.

I think it was the morning New Horizons was closest to Pluto since I was up to see that and preordered then

Cappa

Banned
Been a while since I last posted in amiibogaf, but I got a quick question.

My dad is currently in Hong Kong and he found some amiibo in a couple of the shops he went to. Both of the shops he went in had one of every kind. Before I tell him to pick some up, I wanted to know if there is any chance they could be counterfeit. In the first shop, there were in the traditional packaging, other one wasn't selling it on the floor. I was under the impression China couldn't sell video game stuff like that and lo and behold, they're are there and I saw consoles in the pics too.
Hong Kong isn't China

There was a time when you could get free shipping from gamestop, those times are over.

WIS charges shipping now. Site forces 3.50 shipping per item. I was going to preorder on the site and go cancel my in store so I dont have to drive out there, but $3.50 for shipping is too damned high.

bigkrev

Item has been up for 20 minutes and still seems to be in stock.

Amiibo fad phase ending, a proper amount of stock, or both?

And I am so proud that I put it in my cart, went to checkout, and then decided I don't really need this.

And I am so proud that I put it in my cart, went to checkout, and then decided I don't really need this.

just buy it now, then you can cancel at any time late.r don't make the mistake of postponing since it might be gone for good.

KingBroly

Banned

I think it's just the ridiculous amount of stock they've allocated for the thing and perhaps a combination of 'if I can't buy just one, I won't buy any of them.' It bodes well for things going forward, at least. If there was half the amount, it would have sold out by now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Glad I was able to get one because I couldn't get to a GS.

JoeM86

I have seen some people say that amiibo is losing their hype now because restocks are happening and so there's no hunt anymore

I facepalmed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still surprised they haven't done Pokemon cards with amiibo support. You'd think they'd make for the perfect combination.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would appear so, considering his box art still shows the other poses.

Also notice the product description appears to be the trophy descriptions for beating Classic with said characters.

TheGrue

So which of you people in here bought four 3-packs so you can have all four alts of Mr. Game & Watch out? I'm crazy for Amiibos, but not that crazy. Might actually be cheaper to buy the three extra you need as an import. I should look into that...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So which one of you people in here bought four 3-packs so you can have all four alts of Mr. Game & Watch out? I'm crazy for Amiibos, but not that crazy. Might actually be cheaper to buy the three extra you need as an import. I should look into that...

It's limit 1 per household, and I highly doubt anyone is crazy enough to buy four 3-packs just for multiple G&W.

I hope.

So which of you people in here bought four 3-packs so you can have all four alts of Mr. Game & Watch out? I'm crazy for Amiibos, but not that crazy. Might actually be cheaper to buy the three extra you need as an import. I should look into that...

Ugh I wish you wouldn't have put this thought in my head.

I should have just checked Gamestop online first. I just stopped by mine after lunch and they were still taking in-store preorders. The guy there said that they were supposed to stop taking pre-orders yesterday but most stores hadn't sold out yet so they extended it. I went ahead and put in an order. Anyway, it's a lot more inconvenient for me to pick it up in store but at least I'll save on shipping.

If you had told me even last week it was going to be this easy I would have laughed. Maybe we're finally getting to a supply/demand equilibrium on these? Or are resellers just not into it anymore?

Tomita

I should have just checked Gamestop online first. I just stopped by mine after lunch and they were still taking in-store preorders. The guy there said that they were supposed to stop taking pre-orders yesterday but most stores hadn't sold out yet so they extended it. I went ahead and put in an order. Anyway, it's a lot more inconvenient for me to pick it up in store but at least I'll save on shipping.

If you had told me even last week it was going to be this easy I would have laughed. Maybe we're finally getting to a supply/demand equilibrium on these? Or are resellers just not into it anymore?

Pretty sure Gamestop just got actual stock this time.

Which is great. Still annoyed at the 3-pack exclusive nonsense, but I hope you can just walk into Gamestop after release and find this without having to tear your hair out. Glad it's been pain-free for you guys.

I hope this is a sign for things to come, and not just that Gamestop got lucky with the stock. Nintendo needs to get their shit together.

kirby_fox

Banned
It should've been No. 051 to petrify people into thinking more than 100 were being made of the set now. :p

Who says there isn't going to be 100?

You have 50-something of them for the regular cast. Then you have another 10+ alts you can make. Especially if Villager gets all his costumes.

Alternatively, they could start making assist trophy ones...how I would hate and love that at the same time.

I love me some G&W, and I would love to display all poses at once... but... money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom