• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

willizle02

Neo Member
The NVC guys were right. The more you have the better they look.

I agree

jhgOP9L.jpg

goldenpp72

Is there any word on if chibi robo will be able to be pre-ordered with the amiibo? Same for Wooly world and Mario maker. I ask because best buy is doing some deal where if you pre-order 2 games you get a button set, but I don't want to pre-order the non amiibo ones if they will be made available.

Drago

Is there any word on if chibi robo will be able to be pre-ordered with the amiibo? Same for Wooly world and Mario maker. I ask because best buy is doing some deal where if you pre-order 2 games you get a button set, but I don't want to pre-order the non amiibo ones if they will be made available.
Chibi Robo bundle has not gone up for preorder anywhere yet. Woolly World bundle has only gone up on TRU iirc. Don't think a Mario Maker bundle has been confirmed for NA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
.....ya know, I wonder, what're the chances that Modern Color 8-bit could be part of a Super Mario Maker bundle? Maybe not as an exclusive, but could be a timed exclusive similar to Mario Party 10 & the Super Mario version of the Mario amiibo.

JavyOO7

I wish Gamestop would let me pre order the classic and Modern Mario amiibo's already, man...

I'm getting Mario Maker in digital so unfortunately I miss out on that neat booklet. Sucks...

bumpkin

its 1401.1MB i already have it pre-loaded :)
Ah, cool. Thanks for the info. I'll have to do some housekeeping on my Wii U's storage if I want to download it; still fighting the need to buy some external storage. Why oh why did Ninty choose to be so stingy about the system's internal storage?! It's not like they're getting a cut of the sales of hard drives people buy to make up for it.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the info. I'll have to do some housekeeping on my Wii U's storage if I want to download it; still fighting the need to buy some external storage. Why oh why did Ninty choose to be so stingy about the system's internal storage?! It's not like they're getting a cut of the sales of hard drives people buy to make up for it.

to cut costs they were already taking a loss on every wii u at launch including a hdd would have increased that. I bought a 1TB hdd and never looked back at launch :)

Shauni

So, if those Target numbers do end up being accurate, looks like Zero Suit Samus may end up being fairly common, at least at first. I called that then. Everyone was worried, but I had a feeling that wouldn't be all that hard to find.

KingBroly

Banned
So, if those Target numbers do end up being accurate, looks like Zero Suit Samus may end up being fairly common, at least at first. I called that then. Everyone was worried, but I had a feeling that wouldn't be all that hard to find.

Probably because in 99% of cases it will act like the Samus amiibo, and therefore is acting as its replacement.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably because in 99% of cases it will act like the Samus amiibo, and therefore is acting as its replacement.
Yup, I imagine for games like Mario Kart 8, it'll be similar to Toon Link & just act as regular Samus. MAYBE it'll be different for, say, Super Mario Maker, & I think Yoshi's Woolly World has a separate costume, but yeah, it'll most likely be similar to Toon Link or Dr. Mario.

Speaking of Dr. Mario, still deciding if I want him or not. I guess I like the idea of different outfits on characters compared to different poses (i.e. if we got Classic Wario for the SM line to go with WarioWare Wario from SSB online), and part of me kind of wouldn't mind seeing stuff like Tanooki Mario, Penguin Mario, Frog Mario, etc. but I still dislike that of all the characters to bring back for SSB, Dr. Mario was one of them. Bleh, I'll probably put aside my silly stubbornness & nab him anyways just to have all the Mario-themed characters (aside from Wario, can't believe he hasn't been restocked).

Ya know after watching people get angry at disney for the D23 exclusive disney infinity power disk has made me really happy nintendo hasnt done convention exclusive amiibo yet.

KingBroly

Banned
Yup, I imagine for games like Mario Kart 8, it'll be similar to Toon Link & just act as regular Samus. MAYBE it'll be different for, say, Super Mario Maker, & I think Yoshi's Woolly World has a separate costume, but yeah, it'll most likely be similar to Toon Link or Dr. Mario.

Speaking of Dr. Mario, still deciding if I want him or not. I guess I like the idea of different outfits on characters compared to different poses (i.e. if we got Classic Wario for the SM line to go with WarioWare Wario from SSB online), and part of me kind of wouldn't mind seeing stuff like Tanooki Mario, Penguin Mario, Frog Mario, etc. but I still dislike that of all the characters to bring back for SSB, Dr. Mario was one of them. Bleh, I'll probably put aside my silly stubbornness & nab him anyways just to have all the Mario-themed characters (aside from Wario, can't believe he hasn't been restocked).

I think it looks really good. Then again, most amiibo post Wave 1 look REALLY good. Wave 1 from NA is pretty drab quality wise.

I should've gotten a sealed NA Samus amiibo while I still had the chance, because unfortunately it doesn't look like a reprint of her is happening, especially with the leaning issue she has.

Ya know after watching people get angry at disney for the D23 exclusive disney infinity power disk has made me really happy nintendo hasnt done convention exclusive amiibo yet.
Yet...

Jk, but yeah, I thought I (we) were crazy when it comes to amiibos but I have no idea how Disney Infinity fans do it. There are so many of those things and variations and exclusives and such. Now those are wallets I feel for.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Hey, if it's as easy to get as attending a panel like at D23 then I'm game. BRING IT NINTENDO

pls don't bring it Nintendo that sounds scary

On an unrelated note D23 is ridiculously awesome. I'm so used to Comic-Con that I forget what it's like going to an easy convention.

Hey, if it's as easy to get as attending a panel like at D23 then I'm game. BRING IT NINTENDO

On an unrelated note D23 is ridiculously awesome. I'm so used to Comic-Con that I forget what it's like going to an easy convention.

so this is why you havent posted in a couple days.... How was D23?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
so this is why you havent posted in a couple days.... How was D23?

Fantastic! Everything was so easy to get and it was so relaxing compared to SDCC. It feels so weird to actually take it easy at a convention for a change. Plus dat King Mickey Power Disc. Mmm.

Oh yeah, amiibo. WHAT FIGURES ARE COMING OUT IN SEPTEMBER AGAIN

Draxal

NWS is like a convention every weekend!

Wow it's amazing how much effort was put into the amiibo power-ups minus the Pokémon's lack of unique sound.

Why must the Pokémon Company be so strict?

I still can't get over how funny the Wii Fit Trainer "walks/runs" lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, lame that Pikachu & co. don't get the unique sounds & music.

Still waiting to see footage of the 3rd party trio. Also imagine if we could use Ryu once his amiibo's out. Maybe the game will get patched to use future amiibo?

Neoxon

Wow, lame that Pikachu & co. don't get the unique sounds & music.

Still waiting to see footage of the 3rd party trio. Also imagine if we could use Ryu once his amiibo's out.
They probably planned ahead since his Amiibo is already in production. Same for the other DLC characters. Though any Smash 4 DLC characters that have yet to be announced either won't work or will be patched in later. I doubt that Nintendo would want another leak to happen because of Super Mario Maker.

JavyOO7

I'd line up to get them there, but I'll probably head to Target instead cause Dr. Mario. Hopefully TRU will pre-sell Bowser Jr on their site...

I'll go to target first since they open at 8 am , then GameStop which opens at 9 am to see if I can get any I missed from target and then go to toys r us for bowser jr.

I'm still pissed no super Mario maker bundle for North America :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom